Cobra Kai

Red Five

On 5/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, Red Five said:

Jesus no kidding. I spent a few minutes looking around and there is nothing on there except Cobra Kai.

That reminds me, I need to cancel.

I found another good show on Youtube. "Impulse" is based on the movie "Jumper". Hayden Christensen aside it was a pretty good movie. Impulse has different characters but same universe and Doug Liman is involved. 

• 1 month later...

Just binge watched this the last few days, a buddy had it downloaded and sent them to me.  I expected a lot of callbacks to the previous movies, and they were there, but they were well done I thought.  Love some of the comedic bits, when Daniel and Johnny are cruising and listening to Speedwagon I died.  Love the anti-PC Johnny, so refreshing to see a character that doesn't put up with bullshit.  Perfectly flawed character that you have to root for.  Can't wait for Season 2, I was very pleasantly surprised how good this show was.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

overall enjoyed season 2 a bit less than season 1.  the guy playing chubbs cracked my shit up, I hope he sticks around for next season to fill the role of the random fat cobra kai guy at the all-valley tournament.  fuck yeah on the ending cliff hanger, although how is that supposed to advance with johnny seemingly ditching smart phones for good?

• Hook 'Em 1

I thought season 2 was great. We blew threw it in two nights which is honestly not something we normally do. I think the stories and dualities of what’s happening with/to each side is surprisingly good. Sucks that I now have to wait another roughly year for another season (assuming of course that there is another season).

I watched season two over the weekend and loved it. The nostalgic value has not worn off yet.

The original Cobra Kai reunion was pretty realistic because that is what people actually look like when you haven't seen them in 35 years. Tommy finally got that body bag. Damn, the scene completed the circle of life with one of the most famous Karate Kid lines.

RIP Tommy.

tumblr_p9f9to0G1o1xue4oto1_640.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/23/2019 at 2:01 AM, NorthLoop said:

Finally finished s2... if Shue doesn't show up in season 3 imma gonna riot

But still... love the show. Weird seeing the chick from Jesse and Bunk'd as the sexual rebel... I mean it's not weird.. you know what I mean. 

I think Shue will be in season 3 in some role.  Also, she is a pediatric neurosurgeon....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

That kicks so much ass!!!!
As much as I wanted to see this, I am far too cheap to pay for a service to watch one show and I don’t binge watch anything (so I’d never finish it during a one week trial).

Very excited about this!!!!

On 6/23/2020 at 8:20 AM, Viper said:

you also get a subscription to google play music and youtube music once that gets going.

+rep, damn, I didn't realize about the google play, I signed up a few month ago when Bloomberg was running ads after every video(No CR), so I signed up for a free 2 month trial and I never looked back.

I watch a lot of youtube now a days, more than regular tv.  

My MP3 HDD on my media server(15k+ songs?)  went down last year, and I never got around to working on fixing it.

I signed on to google play music, and they are all there!  I forgot I uploaded them there.  Awesome, I've been wanting to listen to some Garth after watching his documentary, and I think he is only on Amazon streaming!

Discovering my eclectic music collection again. Fun stuff.

Capture.thumb.JPG.5413501147dc932662f992470cf7ffab.JPG

Thanks again!

Edited by BNB

On 6/24/2020 at 2:32 PM, BNB said:

+rep, damn, I didn't realize about the google play, I signed up a few month ago when Bloomberg was running ads after every video(No CR), so I signed up for a free 2 month trial and I never looked back.

I watch a lot of youtube now a days, more than regular tv.  

My MP3 HDD on my media server(15k+ songs?)  went down last year, and I never got around to working on fixing it.

I signed on to google play music, and they are all there!  I forgot I uploaded them there.  Awesome, I've been wanting to listen to some Garth after watching his documentary, and I think he is only on Amazon streaming!

Discovering my eclectic music collection again. Fun stuff.

Capture.thumb.JPG.5413501147dc932662f992470cf7ffab.JPG

Thanks again!

If you like the Allman Brothers, give Govt Mule a listen.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...