Buttigieg 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I can't stop thinking about Trump debating Mayor Pete. There is no way he could stop himself from calling Pete a fag. 

"So look, we all know that there are some good people like Mayor Pete, some very fine people, but do you really want a guy who (makes a dainty hand gesture) talking to Putin? And listen, it's not Pete's fault that he's (smirking) a little light in the loafers, but it reminds me of when I was dating Cheryl Tiegs in 1981, beautiful woman by the way, just gorgeous, and she had friends like Pete over here and I really didn't have any problem with those fags, but come on, let's be honest, you can't have that in the White House." 

Who won't say the f-word, he'll call him a sissy

I would love to see Buttigieg's response to Trump calling him a sissy.
You know, the guy who served in Afghanistan vs Capt Bone Spur.
I don't think he'll engage. Go to 34:30

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

I would love to see Buttigieg's response to Trump calling him a sissy.

You know, the guy who served in Afghanistan vs Capt Bone Spur.

John McCain was a POW in the Hanoi Hilton and Trump still made fun of him and nearly the entire Republican base laughed right along with him. 7 months of desk work in Afghanistan isn't going to phase Donald. Pete could come out with a necklace of Hajji ears and Donald wouldn't be phased.

"Oh, look, this little guy sat behind a desk for a week and wants everyone to think he's General Patton!"

*air horns*

*Trump does mocking salute*

*crowd goes wild*

"You know, folks, I was hoping goofy Beto would be up here with his arms flailing around or Crazy Bernie (who the Democrats were very unfair to, very unfair) or POCAHONTAS (we call her Pocahontas because she pretends to be Native American and we love the Native Americans). But this guy? This little Patton? Believe me, folks, the generals will have no respect for him. No respect. You know it, and I know it."

• Like 5

16 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

These comments re: Gaza are fucking awful. Completely awful.

Gaza is a fucking prison camp. Apartheid is a kind way to describe Israel writ large, but Gaza itself is essentially a Ghetto in the original sense of the word.

Ok, now work with me here, but what if you had...

now don't freak out, just work with me here....

what if you had...

courage?

*Dem Brain Explodes*

Dear God, you're a fucking lunatic.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

John McCain was a POW in the Hanoi Hilton and Trump still made fun of him and nearly the entire Republican base laughed right along with him. 7 months of desk work in Afghanistan isn't going to phase Donald. Pete could come out with a necklace of Hajji ears and Donald wouldn't be phased.

"Oh, look, this little guy sat behind a desk for a week and wants everyone to think he's General Patton!"

*air horns*

*crowd goes wild*

"You know, folks, I was hoping goofy Beto would be up here with his arms flailing around or Crazy Bernie (who the Democrats were very unfair to, very unfair) or POCAHONTAS (we call her Pocahontas because she pretends to be Native American and we love the Native Americans). But this guy? This little Patton? Believe me, folks, the generals will have no respect for him. No respect. You know it, and I know it."

I just think Pete could fire back.  McCain wasn't running against him either.

Part of the reason Trump can pull that shit is because no one slings the dirt back.

I just think Pete could fire back.  McCain wasn't running against him either.
Part of the reason Trump can pull that shit is because no one slings the dirt back.
I think Pete would put him in his place and point out his lies without slinging and sinking down to his level. Don't slip into the master's domain where you can't win.

I think Pete would put him in his place and point out his lies without slinging and sinking down to his level. Don't slip into the master's domain where you can't win.

That’s what I’m getting at. You don’t have to name call Trump to blast him. No one in 2016 did a good job of blasting him.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

That’s what I’m getting at. You don’t have to name call Trump to blast him. No one in 2016 did a good job of blasting him.

"The most embarrassing thing anybody could call anyone is Donald Trump" would be my line. It's great because it dunks on Junior at the same time.

"I carried a rifle in a combat zone, and I volunteered to do so because I believe in this country and my obligation to serve.  In contrast to what my opponent did when this country needed him to go fight for it, I'll stand on my record."

Maybe follow that with "I encourage you to talk to my commanding officer, so and so.  You could try and do the same with my opponent, but . . . " 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

*air horns*

*crowd goes wild*

Just gonna go ahead and quote this again since it is exactly what Trump would say and would destroy any of the nerd ass shit you nerds are throwing out there. He went at John McCain, a god damn POW and supposedly one of the most respected Republican politicians of the last 50 years and REPUBLICANS DON'T FUCKING CARE. Not even a little. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Just gonna go ahead and quote this again since it is exactly what Trump would say and would destroy any of the nerd ass shit you nerds are throwing out there. He went at John McCain, a god damn POW and supposedly one of the most respected Republican politicians of the last 50 years and REPUBLICANS DON'T FUCKING CARE. Not even a little. 

the question is whether military experience even would come up.  trump wouldn't bring it up, presumably.  and i can't imagine the debate will be long enough for pete to work his way through the list of shit to attack trump on to even get to the bone spurs.

8 hours ago, Anastasis said:

USA Today: Mayor Pete Buttigieg's countercultural approach to Christianity is what America needs now

This is good stuff.

Also, [Michael Scott yell] "I declare Pete Buttigieg to be a member of Generation X."

This guy is like the Paul Bunyan of politicians. He's unreal.
What are you talking about? Doesn't every candidate speak 8 languages, listen to the police scanner so they can help translate in the ER, marry couples heading to the hospital on their way to have a baby, and adopt one eyed geriatric dogs?

It's completely insane the life he's living.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Good takedown of that stupid shit Mayor Pete said the other day.

It's a fantastic read. That lady is extremely smart.

Universality is the point. It's the entire point. Means testing creates terrible outcomes.

And it's really as simple as this:

Have You Heard, Pete Buttigieg Is Really Smart

-------------

For the upper professional-managerial class (PMC), guys like this represent a dreamy ideal of human supremacy. That’s because for them, all of life is an Ivy League application. Well-rounded “smartness” is everything, even in the wake of recent news that this is not necessarily what elite college admissions are based upon.

As a result, BOOTedgedge has been the focus of a media frenzy, despite polling far behind Sanders and Biden (even 538 is skeptical of his recent much-ballyhooed jump in Iowa). CNN’s Chris Cillizza finds his resumé “remarkable.” Some call him “bookish.” Queerty.com exults that he “represents the best and brightest of our country.” A New Republic headline uses the word “Genius.”

Liberal feminists have rightly bristled at the collective ecstasy over the mighty dome of BOOTedgedge. When economist boy-wonder Alan Cole tweeted this week, “Mayor Pete seems head and shoulders smarter than the other candidates running and IMO that should count for quite a lot,” he was widely and correctly rebuked for sexism. What about Elizabeth Warren, asked Katha Pollitt, Jill Filipovic, and many others. The Twittersphere weighed in with lists of Warren’s accomplishments. Others pointed out that the tweet was possibly racist as well as sexist; Julian Castro holds degrees from Harvard, Harvard Law School, and Stanford, and Cory Booker was, like BOOTedgedge, a Rhodes Scholar, among a pile of other academic achievements.

---------------------

White Man's Hope

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Incredibly smart, but also a huge dumbass apparently.

To add some context, "all lives matter" was uttered in a speech back in March 2015. This is what he said. 

Continued from his March 2015 speech. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Incredibly smart, but also a huge dumbass apparently.

Nah, ALM was a commonly held idea prior to it becoming an anti-BLM slogan.

Now someone is going to dig up a photo of Bernie doing an ok hand sign from 15 years ago and claim he is a white supremacist.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

To add some context, "all lives matter" was uttered in a speech back in March 2015. This is what he said. 

Continued from his March 2015 speech. 

lol does Franklin also provide some context regarding this part of the story:

Buttigieg's comments could also put a spotlight on one of the more controversial aspects of his tenure as mayor of South Bend, involving secret recordings allegedly made of South Bend police officers at the direction of the city's first African-American police chief, Darryl Boykins. Buttigieg demoted Boykins, who ultimately obtained a $75,000 settlement from the city after suing over what he described as Buttigieg's "racial animus."

20 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lol does Franklin also provide some context regarding this part of the story:

Not surprising that a mayor/city manager has to deal with controversy. That story was widely reported in SB/Indiana. I don’t think anyone has specifically called Buttigieg’s handling of it as nefarious, and he said that was a really tough situation.

But go ahead and continue to throw shit on the wall in the hope that something will stick. 

BUTTIGIEG IS A MONSTER

Stacey Odom said she approached the mayor after learning of preliminary plans to redevelop her neighborhood, a historically black area called LaSalle Park, on the city's west side. She said she told Buttigieg the city should help the people currently living there keep their homes.

The redevelopment plans, which she characterized as not having progressed very far, were abandoned. She asked the mayor for $300,000 for a grant program to help homeowners with repairs. He countered, she said, with $650,000. 

Odom, whose family has lived in the neighborhood for four generations, was spurred to found a community development corporation that connects area homeowners with resources to help keep them in place. She has an aggressive goal of her own: to repair 60 homes in two west-side neighborhoods and build another 28. 

"That’s the kind of person you want in office," she said. "Someone who is looking at your best interests. And if they’re not (at first), if you go to them and tell them what your interests are, then they will take your concerns and make them their concerns."

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2019/03/21/pete-buttigieg-democratic-presidential-hopeful-south-bend-indiana-turnaround-city/3165477002/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Pete Buttigieg: Worse than Trump???

thinking-face_1f914.png

It's clear that a portion of the left feels this way.

Or at least that's the outcome their weak attempts to undermine him will bring about.  Fuck it, let's kill off the best chance to prevent 8 years of Trump because he wasn't marginalized enough.

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It's clear that a portion of the left feels this way.

Or at least that's the outcome their weak attempts to undermine him will bring about.  Fuck it, let's kill off the best chance to prevent 8 years of Trump because he wasn't marginalized enough.

There are things in this world that should NEVER be understimated.

How much Donald Trump can lie.

How much Donald Trump can get away with.

How much Vic likes chubby girls.

How much OU sucks.

And....the ability of the Dems to shoot themselves in the dick.

• Like 2