Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

51 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

I'd like to respond too all these, but with respect to us squeaking by and/or losing to teams mentioned in the past, sure. I mean we shit the bed and almost lost to osu. If you want to talk about kansas and maryland, I'm open to it. The fact of the matter is, college football is a crap shoot. We play bad, we play good (far less than I'd like). You play bad, you play good. I believe it's harder to win 10 games in the secw than the big 12. I'm sure you disagree. God bless college football.

Well you guys are at 54% in the SEC & were only 53% in the Big XII & SWC.  So the going is a little easier.  Especially with your non-con.

Don’t think your non-con will trip you up now that Clemson is done.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

I'd like to respond too all these, but with respect to us squeaking by and/or losing to teams mentioned in the past, sure. I mean we shit the bed and almost lost to osu. If you want to talk about kansas and maryland, I'm open to it. The fact of the matter is, college football is a crap shoot. We play bad, we play good (far less than I'd like). You play bad, you play good. I believe it's harder to win 10 games in the secw than the big 12. I'm sure you disagree. God bless college football.

Don't leave out Cal Berkeley and BYU.  We've established a tradition of dropping home openers in games Texas scheduled as tune ups.  Good thing we closed those seasons with wins against Missouri, Georgia, and Utah. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

I mean we shit the bed and almost lost to osu.

I believe it's harder to win 10 games in the secw than the big 12. 

If OSU has their QB and WR, you lose.  No ifs and or buts about it.  One doesn't shit the bed losing to a better team.

...then out of the other side of your mouth, you say how you should dominate Ark, SCar, Ole Miss and Miss St. because they're all no good.  It's easier to win 10 games in your conference because you play one less conference game and 3 high school teams btw.

Edited by Scholz
  • Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Scholz said:

It's easier to win 10 games in your conference because you play one less conference game and 3 high school teams btw.

Yet aggy has accomplished that feat exactly one time since joining the SEC and it was in 2012. It took a heisman level qb and a big 12 roster to do it.

One of the better aggyisms is the shit talking about how terrible the big 12 is considering the lack of success in it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Locked in on OOS mercenary OLB K.Seegars because in state T.Cooks won't give you the time of day.

Locked in on OOS mercenary DE M.Goodwine because in state L.Jackson, M.Burris, J.Thomas, D.Harris, J.Sanders, S.Turner, JT.Tuimoloau, etc. won't give you the time of day.

Familiar refrain.

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Locked in on OOS mercenary OLB K.Seegars because in state T.Cooks won't give you the time of day.

Locked in on OOS mercenary DE M.Goodwine because in state L.Jackson, M.Burris, J.Thomas, D.Harris, J.Sanders, S.Turner, JT.Tuimoloau, etc. won't give you the time of day.

Familiar refrain.

I'm not sure Seegars even counts as a mercenary. Dude's just a run of the mill scrub.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

So aggy AD acts like he's not in the loop??  Great recruiting pitch...   HaHaHaHa!!!

I think he's saying "No one at aggy has approached me with interest in playing them"

Love that Bjork is mimicking CDC with those fist bumps, though. Little brother gonna little brother. 

3 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I think he's saying "No one at aggy has approached me with interest in playing them"

Love that Bjork is mimicking CDC with those fist bumps, though. Little brother gonna little brother. 

His only play after UT has consistently said "we'd love to play them, but since they're being bitches about it we scheduled LSU/Bama/Ohio State/Florida/Michigan" is to act like they're above it all, and couldn't imagine even thinking about it.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Huh??  Seems what he tweeted is the other way around, but hell the guy is an aggy so who knows....

Bjork: "I’ve been here (aggy) over a year & no one from there (TEXAS) has asked me to play them." 

Edited by LTtxfan

15 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Boyd on Jimbo - much as we laugh about his evals, it's a free article so give him a click:

https://insidetexas.com/forums/threads/the-trouble-with-jimbos-strategy-at-texas-a-m.96547/

Good take. Jimbo's archaic offense and his insistence on controlling everything is a detriment to Aggy being able to overtake Bama and LSU. Doubt that ever changes.

If you tell a lie enough times, people will eventually believe it:

"Fisher ostensibly left Florida State out of frustration with that program’s unwillingness to commit major resources to facilities and contracts."

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Pretty similar...

image.thumb.png.7a1e4f910806a2462181d6cf83861e69.png

Lol glad you liked that.  It's a little hard to show self-deprecation in posts.  Still don't know wtf is going on at LB, but I hear little about Cooks recruitment.  Either our mods are hearing nothing about it or we aren't that excited about him. 

9 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

Lol glad you liked that.  It's a little hard to show self-deprecation in posts.  Still don't know wtf is going on at LB, but I hear little about Cooks recruitment.  Either our mods are hearing nothing about it or he isn’t that excited about us.

Fify

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

...I hear little about Cooks recruitment.  Either our mods are hearing nothing about it or we aren't that excited about him. 

Hmm.  Seems like there might be another reason.  It's a thinker though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2020 at 12:19 PM, golfclap said:

I'm not going to predict any kind of giant doom and gloom for your defense because I think between Jimbo's clock burning and it's marriage to Elko's containment of the interior running game, it's a good match - but I think there's a lot of logic in being trepidatious about the D after seeing what Auburn did to Elko schematically and then adding Leach and Briles to the opposite sidelines. I don't think they have the horses to do what Auburn did fully but you can be sure that both of those staffs have had that game on repeat and watched the way that Gus used Elko's oversized DL against itself by consistently reaching the edge using counters, jet sweeps, and speed mismatches. 

You have and you do have far more talent than any of those 3 teams, but there is one caveat and it's kind of a big one, not so much now but for your mindset in 2021 for sure. That abomination of a 2018 class will cause depth issues across the board, some having impact this year but much more in 2021 and 2022. Injuries will become a MUCH larger deal, esp along the LOS or at CB. It's also imperitive that you keep Elko and/or Robinson so that there isn't an OOS exodus because even 3-4 guys along with the entire lack of 2018 guys will absolutely cripple a 2-deep and force a ton of TR FR on the field. It took Texas 10-12 years to overcome the roster problems at OL because of a similar situation. No exaggeration. 

not to mention a "BDF" running back playing without the starting QB and all American wideout lit them up for 183 yards at 8.3 per carry.  Had Gundy given Hubbard 10 more touches they win that game any way.

16 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

say goodbye to 4 aggy non con wins...please let them add Georgia and Florida on that schedule

I was told this was the year they make the playoffs.  And if not, then when?  Oh yeah, when they again get those 3 OOC games and the weaker portion of the revolving SEC schedule.  Or in the case of Saban retiring, then they're back...to that 1939 fighting texag natty form? Again, nope. 

Edited by Mdhorn

17 minutes ago, RGBIII said:
say goodbye to 4 aggy non con wins...please let them add Georgia and Florida on that schedule

Won't be Georgia.  Just played them.  Adding Tennessee, Kentucky and/or Missouri to South Carolina and Vandy isn't much harder than what they had OOC.  SEC East is a joke.

26 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Won't be Georgia.  Just played them.  Adding Tennessee, Kentucky and/or Missouri to South Carolina and Vandy isn't much harder than what they had OOC.  SEC East is a joke.

Kentucky and Tennessee - Kentucky in particular - could be pretty decent this year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Listening to the Mark Packard show on SiriusXM, he's going over some stats he stumbled into. Jimbo is 3-12 in his last 15 games vs the top 25 schools.  Harbaugh is 2-13.  The best? Ogre with a 12-3 record.

BTW Mark was asking if you had one game which the teams were equally talented, playing at a neutral site and your life depended on it... who would you choose?  First two answers, Brian Harsin and Mack Fn Brown.

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

Listening to the Mark Packard show on SiriusXM, he's going over some stats he stumbled into. Jimbo is 3-12 in his last 15 games vs the top 25 schools.  Harbaugh is 2-13.  The best? Ogre with a 12-3 record.

BTW Mark was asking if you had one game which the teams were equally talented, playing at a neutral site and your life depended on it... who would you choose?  First two answers, Brian Harsin and Mack Fn Brown.

I can't believe two guys with ancient, slow-the-game-down cubeball offenses choke and die against teams with fast, athletic players.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I can't believe two guys with ancient, slow-the-game-down cubeball offenses choke and die against teams with fast, athletic players.

Sometimes I wonder about the IQ of his listeners..but then I wonder if it's me too since I'm listening..

tenor.gif

46 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Kentucky and Tennessee - Kentucky in particular - could be pretty decent this year.

Let me know when Kentucky's offense adopts the forward pass, then I'll consider them decent. Jimbo + Elko can win when paired vs. like minded opponents. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Let me know when Kentucky's offense adopts the forward pass, then I'll consider them decent. Jimbo + Elko can win when paired vs. like minded opponents. 

They lost to Georgia and Auburn last year who were both very offensively challenged from a passing perspective. 

Kentucky was definitely awful last year in the passing game because they had to play a WR at QB for most of the year due to injuries. 

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They lost to Georgia and Auburn last year who were both very offensively challenged from a passing perspective. 

Kentucky was definitely awful last year in the passing game because they had to play a WR at QB for most of the year due to injuries. 

2018 showed you a "decent" Kentucky team ranked high who could not complete a forward pass. Auburn sucks but every play is misdirection and it works vs. the ol'guard. Georgia's passing game is a Kentucky fans wet dream. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

aggy schadenfreude is great, but besides not getting the chance to beat LSU, we could have benefited from our team playing in new schemes before diving right into conference play.

2 minutes ago, Goodman said:

2018 showed you a "decent" Kentucky team ranked high who could not complete a forward pass. Auburn sucks but every play is misdirection and it works vs. the ol'guard. Georgia's passing game is a Kentucky fans wet dream. 

Yeah, and that game went to OT in College Station. This Kentucky team should be better especially if Gatewood gets a waiver at QB. Gatewood would be the most talented QB they've had in some time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Goodman said:

I hope you are correct but I'll believe it when I see it. Stoops has a lot of traditional stupid to him.

That's definitely been true for the most part but they were actually somewhat innovative on offense last year. They did a pretty damn good job of adapting with a WR at QB. 

Really, they should probably run the same offense as they did last year. Put Gatewood or Wilson (both athletic QBs) back there and let their OL dictate things in the run game with a top 25ish defense. That was pretty much Auburn last year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Missouri is also returning a lot on defense. Not sure what they're returning on offense. 

Kentucky should have a top 25 defense and one of the top OL in the country. I don't think Tennessee will be very good next season based on what they lost so I hope A&M gets Georgia, Florida or Kentucky. 

17 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Really, they should probably run the same offense as they did last year. Put Gatewood or Wilson (both athletic QBs) back there and let their OL dictate things in the run game with a top 25ish defense. That was pretty much Auburn last year. 

Honestly, with that OL this is exactly right. Just go almost full Wing-T/RPO/QB power/delay and then vertical passing vs. man -- just the way Baylor did when they had so many injuries at QB. Either guy -- Wilson or Gatewood could run that system easily and effectively and they are both bigger dudes. Just go full Purple Wizard with that D and that OL. Punish people. Hang your hat on being the team that just runs right at people and then occasionally throws deep in single coverage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Missouri is also returning a lot on defense.

Drinkwitz is an infant but the dude cut his teeth under Malzahn and Harsin so I expect him to be able to gameplan well. I get that he's only got 1 year under his belt, but he was 12-1 at App State with his one loss by 3 points to Georgia Southern (and a win vs. Muschamp SCar). They're certainly targeting/recruiting the right kind of guys so far. I don't know what he can do with that offensive roster, but I expect if nothing else that he can run Shawn Robinson in a simple single-read RPO to get things going. they have a huge OL, so leaning on people and single-read passes with Robinson seems like the right path -- while they implement more of his system. 

Tennessee is warm dogshit. They lost to Georgia State last year. South Carolina lost to Tennessee. Muschamp is stealing money. i don’t care what you say, Kentucky can’t pass. You can tell me Missouri will be better, but I won’t believe it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Tennessee is warm dogshit. They lost to Georgia State last year. South Carolina lost to Tennessee. Muschamp is stealing money. i don’t care what you say, Kentucky can’t pass. You can tell me Missouri will be better, but I won’t believe it. 

I mean, A&M is 1-2 against Missouri in the SEC. 

10 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

10 hours ago, Scholz said:

If OSU has their QB and WR, you lose.  No ifs and or buts about it.  One doesn't shit the bed losing to a better team.

...then out of the other side of your mouth, you say how you should dominate Ark, SCar, Ole Miss and Miss St. because they're all no good.  It's easier to win 10 games in your conference because you play one less conference game and 3 high school teams btw.

SEPC.  South East Pussy Conference!  

It just means more when you schedule pussies!

Edited by cochamps
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Per Ross Dellenger its probably going to be Florida and Missouri for A&M.

The next 2 teams in rotation. 

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Take this FWIW, but someone on SEC rant claiming to know someone on the inside had a post of who everyone would play the extra 2 games against and had aggy getting Florida and Georgia.  Lulz if true.

tenor.gif?itemid=4958099

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

As long as A&M draws one of Florida or Georgia it’s already a big L for them in terms of a tougher schedule. 

Their non-conference schedule was complete dog shit. I don’t think Colorado is better than any team they could be matched up with in the SEC East (not including Vanderbilt because they’re already on the schedule). 

29 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Take this FWIW, but someone on SEC rant claiming to know someone on the inside had a post of who everyone would play the extra 2 games against and had aggy getting Florida and Georgia.  Lulz if true.

Oh shit that would be so funny. Jimbo really needed the soft schedule and senior qb to buy him some goodwill and sell the yokels on real progress this season. 

His retro pro-style offense gets further past it’s expiration date every year and it’s proven to really only work when your have a first round qb behind center. At least Mond has experience, their options for 2021 starter look pretty bleak. They’ll loose Elko in the next few years and have to roll the dice on hitting another good DC hire.

Arkansas and Miss State are both going to build offenses that will be dangerous for their slow ass corners. Of course Jimbo probably doesn’t care any of this, got paid.