Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I think it's before they get to college, since it's university agnostic. Maybe given the amount of college football industry people based around Atlanta, they overrate their local kids?

This has to be a large part of the answer, it's a damn echo chamber there.

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Step 3 - schedule 3 easy ass OOC games. FCS or not, doesn’t matter. You need to pad that win column. At the end of the year, that’s all that matters. Teams with more losses get ranked lower. Period.   Step 4 - schedule only 8 conference games. Why this is big? Most other conferences have 9 games. So the SEC gains 7 wins and more importantly avoids 7 losses, which would hurt their teams ranking in the polls.  Step 5 - schedule one of your easy ass OOC late in the season. So when the rest of the conferences have half their team lose to a conference game, and half your teams don’t take an L. Your teams rise in the polls. 

Add this all together, the SEC manufactures their reputation more than anything, leading to more money, better bowls, and more playoffs appearances.

this shit ain’t changing until all have the same schedule. 

Plus: 

1. The late OOC game acts more like a bye which allow players to recover for the important games late in the season
  2. Also only 8 conference games vs 9 reduces injury chances kinda like the load mgt in NBA regular season,

Really not excited that for 2020 season, the B12 Champion may play 13 games before the CFP, while the SEC Champion may play only 11 games...

28 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I don't think this will shock anyone, but James Foster is back in the portal.

Tank Jenkins in the portal pretty much guaranteed that one. Mercenary gonna Mercenary. 

Cant wait to see the bag lady white knight them some more 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, golfclap said:

That 2018 class — just fucking brutal. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/season/2018-football/commits/

and now all the OOS defenders, all about to do the same over the next few seasons. 

Jimbowned. 

12 of the 23 signed left before their eligibility had run out. Only 1, the JUCO TE has been very good.

So far that class will return

10 catches for 77 yards and no TDs.

17 GP on the OL

100 tackles, 11.5 for loss, 1/2 sack, 2 INTs, and 4 PDs

Seth Small has been very good as the kicker, with 200 points. He's easily the 2nd best recruit in this class behind Sternberger, but will likely move into the #1 spot with 2 more 100 points seasons. When a kicker is the best overall recruit in your class, you recruiting and evaluations fucking suck.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

im interested in how the sec defenses look in the next few years now that more and more sec teams are running a more spread, uptempo style offense. 

It won’t matter; the narrative will change to “the future of football!” And how exciting these 52-48 games are. When it was happening in the B12 it was a gimmick though.

You already saw it last year; how many times did you hear Burrow is a system qb? Yet that’s all anybody could say about Mahomes or (to a lesser extent) Murray who are both better than Burrow. 

I’m gonna go wash my mouth out now for saying something nice about that Sooner fuck.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, golfclap said:

That 2018 class — just fucking brutal. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/season/2018-football/commits/

and now all the OOS defenders, all about to do the same over the next few seasons. 

Jimbowned. 

It’d be great to see the Looch NSD writeup fluffing the fuck out of this class. Real. Recruiting. And so forth. 

5 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

I can see it now

"With the way Jimbo Fisher has been recruiting on a national level, it's no surprise that the class of 2018 has already been recruited over"

Well, that class has been recruited over. But it's not much a complement to anyone.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GRHorn said:

It’d be great to see the Looch NSD writeup fluffing the fuck out of this class. Real. Recruiting. And so forth. 

Don't forget Luccione puffing up and saying that had Jimbo had more time "he would have picked Texas' class clean."

15 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

Who would you take in texas for his spot?

Well you swung and missed on Jackson, Thomas, and Adeleye (before he moved to Florida). You were never in it for Sanders. Burris and Turner are each leaning away from you, though in appears Burris may not have a spot at ou anymore. So it appears the regional powers in your area; Texas, lsu, and ou left you with little choice.

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Jefferson is going to have to take a medical. They tried for two years to get him to de-commit, he’s not going to portal. 

Too bad he sucks, really appears to try hard, has a good attitude,  and is the teammate you want. (Unless there is some baggage I'm not privy to). 

• Like 1

We whiffed on Jackson. I never heard much on Jordan Thomas, I assumed we were just keeping him warm. We are working on Turner, but he'll be tough to get. Not sure on Burris, although i think we could land him if we pushed-- his injury worries me a little, which I suspect is why ou backed off. 

Monkell likes us. A bird in the hand...

15 minutes ago, jordanaggie said:

Never heard of him. But his offer list isn't near the other guys.

He’s a big example of 2020 and the lack of visits and camps being a problem. If you want to see a guy with clear NFL upside — thus guy has an incredible frame and at 275 pounds competes in triple jump — 39’ 10.5”. Absolute freak. 

if he waits until NSD (post ESD) he will be one of the most coveted recruits in the country, imho. 

he’s also teammates with Camar Wheaton and Ezra Oyetade.  

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

He’s a big example of 2020 and the lack of visits and camps being a problem. If you want to see a guy with clear NFL upside — thus guy has an incredible frame and at 275 pounds competes in triple jump — 39’ 10.5”. Absolute freak. 

if he waits until NSD (post ESD) he will be one of the most coveted recruits in the country, imho. 

he’s also teammates with Camar Wheaton and Ezra Oyetade.  

This years Ojomo.

3 hours ago, jordanaggie said:

We whiffed on Jackson. I never heard much on Jordan Thomas, I assumed we were just keeping him warm. We are working on Turner, but he'll be tough to get. Not sure on Burris, although i think we could land him if we pushed-- his injury worries me a little, which I suspect is why ou backed off. 

Monkell likes us. A bird in the hand...

Yeah, you’re keeping Jordan Thomas warm. You’ve got him right where you want him