2019 NBA Playoffs Thread

Vic Mackey

Regular season done tonight. Now the fun begins. 2 big comebacks by the Nuggets and Portland did shift the seedings. These are the first round matchups.

West

1. Golden State Warriors vs. 8. LA Clippers

2. Denver Nuggets vs. 7. San Antonio Spurs

3. Portland Trail Blazers vs. 6. Oklahoma City Thunder

4. Houston Rockets vs. 5. Utah Jazz

East

1. Milwaukee Bucks vs. 8. Detroit Pistons

2. Toronto Raptors vs. 7. Orlando Magic

3. Phildadelphia 76ers vs. 6. New Jersey Nets

4. Boston Celtics vs. 5. Indiana Pacers

I stand by my Bagdhad Bob opinion that The Process is over and it DID work. The Sixers put themselves in position to reach the NBA finals for several years. But a few bad moves (Okafor, Fultz) and some bad luck may unfortunately mean they never get past the second round before we have to burn it down and Process again.

If you watched Joel this season you can see why he was worth the risk. He was going 40ish minutes a game as recently as three weeks ago and completely dominating. He's kept it up most of this year and really his whole career *when healthy. (big *, I know).

It will piss me off if it turns out this has something to do with playing in the All Star Game. That's when this current issue first cropped up.

23 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Nets looking good so far. They will be a team that will keep coming at you and be a pest.

So if they lose this series, should they fire their coach for accepting mediocrity? They are basically the Eastern Conference version of the Kings, after all.

• Like 1

So if they lose this series, should they fire their coach for accepting mediocrity? They are basically the Eastern Conference version of the Kings, after all.
Ummmm they made the playoffs though. 2 games over .500. Kings were 4 games under and missed the playoffs and haven't been in over a decade.

So where exactly is the valid comparison here again? Not seeing it at all.

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Ummmm they made the playoffs though. 2 games over .500. Kings were 4 games under and missed the playoffs and haven't been in over a decade.

So where exactly is the valid comparison here again? Not seeing it at all.

The Kings make the playoffs--and probably have a better seed than Brooklyn--in the East. But you know that. You just enjoy being contrarian.

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The Kings make the playoffs--and probably have a better seed than Brooklyn--in the East. But you know that. You just enjoy being contrarian.

You create some strawman argument that holds no weight at all and then claim I'm some contrarian. Lulz. The age old "oh but if we were in the East we'd be good". Well they aren't so who cares

The Nets have made the playoffs 4 times since the Kings last appearance and are looking to go up 1-0 against a team who many say has a legit shot to make the Finals. Meanwhile the Kings have missed the playoffs for 13 straight years. Does any team have a longer drought? Can't think of one at all. Suns may be the next in line but at least they have made it this decade and were in the WCF if I recall. 

Divac didn't think this current coach was taking them anywhere and who knows what was going on behind the scenes. If you think there's a better candidate out there who can do better, go get him and get rid of the current coach. Unless you liking rewarding someone for having the best season in such a long time even though it was a losing record and the bar has been set so low that 4 games under .500 is considered progress?

Edited by Vic Mackey

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

You create some strawman argument that holds no weight at all and then claim I'm some contrarian. Lulz. The age old "oh but if we were in the East we'd be good". Well they aren't so who cares

The Nets have made the playoffs 4 times since the Kings last appearance and are looking to go up 1-0 against a team who many say has a legit shot to make the Finals. Meanwhile the Kings have missed the playoffs for 13 straight years. Does any team have a longer drought? Can't think of one at all. Suns may be the next in line but at least they have made it this decade and were in the WCF if I recall. 

Divac didn't think this current coach was taking them anywhere and who knows what was going on behind the scenes. If you think there's a better candidate out there who can do better, go get him and get rid of the current coach. Unless you liking rewarding someone for having the best season in such a long time even though it was a losing record and the bar has been set so low that 4 games under .500 is considered progress?

You really can't be this stupid. Even you.

Joeger can't be held accountable for the past 13 seasons. He's been there for 3 years (just like Atkinson in Brooklyn). His first two seasons were basically spent tanking to get draft picks. Now, in his first season that they're legitimately trying to win, he guides a nice nucleus of first and second year players on a playoff push in the much tougher conference. They were picked to finish dead last by multiple outlets because they're still kids. Any sane GM keeps that coach around at least another year to see if he can build on that, and keep developing the young talent.

Divac's "better candidate" is Luke Walton, fresh off missing the playoffs with LeBron. That's why they're the Kings. And this coming from someone who actually likes Luke.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 4

Hot take: Ben Simmons might just be the most overrated player in basketball. At least when the playoffs roll around. I don't even think locking himself in a gym all offseason would significantly improve his shot. Dude still doesn't know what hand he is and doesn't have any foundation on which to build upon.

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Hot take: Ben Simmons might just be the most overrated player in basketball. At least when the playoffs roll around. I don't even think locking himself in a gym all offseason would significantly improve his shot. Dude still doesn't know what hand he is and doesn't have any foundation on which to build upon.

He's also been overrated and many will hold this opinion. He has a lot of potential but he still has a lot of holes in his game and has no jump shot to speak of. He's still very raw and you can't count on him. 

• Like 1