The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

2 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Almost porous is about right.  I think it would take a lot of buffing, and I dig it as-is.

AIL4fc-i-Cah-Mkn2-U8-o-TCoi-Usvq-ZURxvc3

Looks just like the one I had.

Im guessing there's no grain filler on them. 

(Traded mine for a silverface Champ and 500 bucks. Quite the deal considering I paid 300 for the SG)

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Deej said:

Looks just like the one I had.

Im guessing there's no grain filler on them. 

(Traded mine for a silverface Champ and 500 bucks. Quite the deal considering I paid 300 for the SG)

That's a great deal for that Champ!  I think I got mine (2008 SG Special Faded) for $500.  I loved my 77 Champ, but I was using the 76 Princeton Reverb more.  Then, I realized that my 73 Deluxe Reverb was way better than the PR.  And since there was no larger BF/SF amp, the DR is my #1.

12 minutes ago, Deej said:

christmas vacation GIF

Not at that time.  Sold the 72 Vibrolux Reverb years ago.  Sold the Bassman 100 (my first real amp; got it for $100) and 1967 Bandmaster too.  Hell, there was a Bassman Ten in there too.  Super Reverb it is not.  The 73 DR was the one.  Everything else is tweed (a more recent obsession).

Edited by dcbc

Speaking of that Bassman 100, what a cool first amp.  You could get it into Bassman 50 sounding territory by bridging the channels, turning everything up to 10, and running the master volume around 3.  Got it along with a 4x12 Sunn speaker box with four old Eminence square magnet speakers. 

edited for a more representative picture :)

AIL4fc9-Q56-P-wt1t-KPFE3-TO9f-ETE163b-RP

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Speaking of that Bassman 100, what a cool first amp.  You could get it into Bassman 50 sounding territory by bridging the channels, turning everything up to 10, and running the master volume around 3.  Got it along with a 4x12 Sunn speaker box with four old Eminence square magnet speakers.  Those Sunns are in this old Halloween picture from 1999.  Me with my old 1991 HOF, all-gold LP Deluxe (first GIbson CS guitar run).  I thought it had a neck crack and unloaded it for the DR.  Rockin' Robin thought they were screwing me.  Maybe they did, but that DR has been a world beater.

AIL4fc-C6y43-Ni-D867b-A9j-Yt3equ-So-Tz-V

Fred Durst ripped you off, man. 

images (6).jpeg

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, dcbc said:

Speaking of that Bassman 100, what a cool first amp.  You could get it into Bassman 50 sounding territory by bridging the channels, turning everything up to 10, and running the master volume around 3.  Got it along with a 4x12 Sunn speaker box with four old Eminence square magnet speakers.  Those Sunns are in this old Halloween picture from 1999.  Me with my old 1991 HOF, all-gold LP Deluxe (first GIbson CS guitar run).  I thought it had a neck crack and unloaded it for the DR.  Rockin' Robin thought they were screwing me.  Maybe they did, but that DR has been a world beater.

AIL4fc-C6y43-Ni-D867b-A9j-Yt3equ-So-Tz-V

IMG_2705.gif

• Haha 2

Wolf music in San Antonio is running a 30% off every guitar/bass/acoustic sale right now with code: buyaguitarorelse

https://www.wolfmusiccompany.com

30% off a bunch of other stuff on their Reverb site
https://reverb.com/shop/wolfmusiccompany

I picked up a Yamaha THR30 desktop amp for $385. I have never seen it that cheap before. 

bbq5h36mt1ncw1owyaah.webp

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

This is a worthwhile video I think. I'm pretty decent at setting up guitars and I learned some tricks.

Haha. I stumbled across this on YouTube just before seeing your post. 

(That's the shop that bought my Gibson 60s Standard.)

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

Big improvement, and I think I called that burst a blowjob tan but to be clear it looks great

I like that the poly finish is thin on these. Most Epiphones seem to have it glooped on. Once a few layer of carnauba wax are put on them, they look great. It's not nitro, but the effect is close in terms of the look. 

On 9/4/2023 at 4:31 PM, AnotherUTFan said:

This is a worthwhile video I think. I'm pretty decent at setting up guitars and I learned some tricks.

Ben's a nice guy, very patient with me when I was buying my PRS from Righteous Guitars. I didn't realize he had moved on. I'll have to check out Big House.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I never saw this before, looks like it’s from 7 years back. I’ve been a fan of Taylor’s since she first came out but this is fairly respectable rhythm playing and I didn’t know she had that skill

She has a lot going for her.  I love her lower register, and she can jump a couple of octaves.  She's learned how to sing. I think her songwriting follows a pretty consistent formula, but that's not uncommon even for the greats.  She has "it".

I never saw this before, looks like it’s from 7 years back. I’ve been a fan of Taylor’s since she first came out but this is fairly respectable rhythm playing and I didn’t know she had that skill

That is fantastic. Strumming an electric and singing seems really difficult to me. It's one of the things that stands out about Lera Lynn:

• Hook 'Em 1

100% respect. Incredible how she's connected with a generation. My daughter got me a t shirt from the tour last month and I plan to catch the film next month.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Ben's a nice guy, very patient with me when I was buying my PRS from Righteous Guitars. I didn't realize he had moved on. I'll have to check out Big House.

It is really cool.  They are doing a great job there are are super nice.  Plus, you can go right down the street to Taqueria del Sol afterwards.  I was bummed when Showcase Photo closed but swapping that for a kickass music store was a win.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

That is fantastic. Strumming an electric and singing seems really difficult to me. It's one of the things that stands out about Lera Lynn:

I didn't know she split off from that dude who used to play with her.  Saw her open for someone a few years ago and really liked her.  

New pickups coming for the Squier 40th Anniversary Telecaster. Had some credit with Sweetwater. Ordered the Seymour Duncan Vintage 54 pups. One of the best sounding neck pups I've heard from all the demos and a bright, twangy bridge pup, because everyone needs a really twangy Tele. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 5:11 PM, Celery Man said:

WTF is she playing? 

I'm a fender guy, but I have no idea what that is.  It looks cool though. 

New project.

When i was in my temporary living situation, there was an old Squire Strat in my swsignated storage space. In the time I lived there, the whole building rotated through, so I figured it was mine when I left - you never know when somebody is gonna need a decent, cheap guitar.

That bell has been rung, and the need is for it to be left handed. The serial number says it's from 2005 from a quick look. Filthy as hell. 1st step was to plug it in, and it sounded incredible. That'll be the last time I'm able to play it since it'll be a lefty the next time strings on it. I'm curious if I'll be able to do a decent t setup on a left.

The before shots. Note that I'll need to change the saddle screws from the E & A with the B & E - much shorter. Glad I caught that already. Thinking about adding a detail with a can of Krylon?20230827_164834.thumb.jpg.aa4a37a1e5b7d196e977152c4db80cdc.jpg20230827_164838.thumb.jpg.acd0a9bd0d3f30c296ff68ff88fa2042.jpg20230827_164847.thumb.jpg.3e2466ecab221f6f2722929beabdf2b4.jpg20230827_164906.thumb.jpg.3df6d490fe5bfbedaf8372e88897f3e5.jpg20230827_165702.thumb.jpg.d256b384f40cd3af420894cc9e29603b.jpg20230827_165716.thumb.jpg.ec38093b3f3aafb964f3bad705fbf6e9.jpg20230827_165719.thumb.jpg.33376ef3fec017234bf03fe88b96cd0f.jpg20230827_165909.thumb.jpg.6d817a1496f540bf2f4921752fd1cacc.jpg

This cleaned up nice. Thought I could just reverse the nut, but I had to replace it. Gonna give it the guy here shortly.

20230909_123343.jpg20230909_123347.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1