The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

I know he made several, the best EVH story I know is that he buried #2 with Dimebag. I can't remember the story, but i think he was going to make him a replica because Darryl had asked for one, but he died before it was built. So he had his #2 buried with him and said something like, "An orginal deserves and original!"

Also, I read somewhere years ago that he used to hang around D'Marzio's shop when he was building the 1st looking for hotter and hotter pickups, some innovations came out of it.

No time to look these stories up, but they are out there.

So I sold a ton of shit on eBay. My first time really selling more then 1 thing. Had some of my memorabilia collection I needed to part with. After subtracting the cost of the item I only had to come out of pocket $170 for my new rickenbacker jetglo. Doesn’t ship till February 2021 tho :( 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Lol I love this guy. Good brown sound tutorial for any fellow Katana owners:

I’ve been playing for over 30 years and basically can’t play any Van Halen. I can butcher Ain’t Talkin Bout Love, but just about anything else...forget it. I’ve tried to learn Hot For Teacher and it’s just beyond my abilities.

But Imma download this patch and mess around with I’m The One (minus the solo).
  • Hook 'Em 1

Two thoughts on that video:

1.  I still don't get the hype on that song.  It's like #50 in their catalog for me.  I realize I'm in the far minority on this one.

2.  God how I would have loved for Van Halen to have had a drummer like Kenny. Dude's almost 70 and rocks harder than Alex ever did.

29 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

1.  I still don't get the hype on that song.  It's like #50 in their catalog for me.  I realize I'm in the far minority on this one.

2.  God how I would have loved for Van Halen to have had a drummer like Kenny. Dude's almost 70 and rocks harder than Alex ever did.

I have no idea who any of the people in that video or, nor can I recall ever having heard that song before.

Other than that... ???

I stopped the video 62 seconds in, because it kind of sucked.

Edited by Napoleon

29 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I have no idea who any of the people in that video or, nor can I recall ever having heard that song before.

Other than that... ???

I stopped the video 62 seconds in, because it kind of sucked.

Phil X is a journeyman guitarist who landed with Bon Jovi a while back.

Kenny Aronoff is one of the great straight-ahead rock drummers of all time. He's who Max Weinberg would be if Bruce Springsteen didn't keep Max's balls in a safe.  Kenny made his biggest hay with John Mellencamp, and he's the dude you've heard on every Mellencamp hit, as in eleventy billiion zillion times.  Top 10 rock drummer of all time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougO said:

Damned Sukkot strikes again!

Just when you want to wield an ax(e), Adorama is busy wielding myrtle branches for the next few days. 

949C4D72-5523-47B5-8C9B-AFBB6D173CCF.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DougO said:

20 minutes ago, DougO said:

LOL

That's the only thing about Adorama through all the many years of buying stuff from them.

I'm always tempted when a Lake Placid blue Tele pops up, but it seems like it's always the worst time.

I went ahead and bought the Strat.

Jew know that I'll have to wait about 10 days for it, because I went with the free schlepping option.

I re-set my password and then tried to look up the guitar and it came up $799.99, so I had to come back for the link. ( תודה for posting it.)

The Price + Color + Maple Neck + Alder Body made me think that even if I have buyer's regret, I won't lose more than $100 on it (selling locally after having paid tax). My Vegas cousin's rabbi was from Mexico, so this just feels right. Blue & White (Ccchhhhhello Israel!... L'chaim!), Mexican made (Salud), and at a phat discount from camera merchants in the Tri-State Area.

I'll post photos when I get it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Phil X is a journeyman guitarist who landed with Bon Jovi a while back.
Kenny Aronoff is one of the great straight-ahead rock drummers of all time. He's who Max Weinberg would be if Bruce Springsteen didn't keep Max's balls in a safe.  Kenny made his biggest hay with John Mellencamp, and he's the dude you've heard on every Mellencamp hit, as in eleventy billiion zillion times.  Top 10 rock drummer of all time.

I saw him with Smashing Pumpkins. Rocked.

It’s ok to be wrong.
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, DougO said:

I looked through Guitar Center's used section. You can't even find a decent used Mexico Tele for that price online, never seen them in pawn shops, even when pawn shops had stuff.

I just realized, after watching the Tele presentation review video from Fender that the back of the neck on the Player series is satin. Sweet!

Also, I can get that Tele for you and pay tax and then charge you ~$16+ more ($600 total) when you want to buy it from me in the coming more or three.

(Well, first off... Where do you live? Secondly, are you good for it?)

I don't think you'll want to give it up once you get your paws on it. If I didn't have an American ash Tele I would have nabbed one of these, and still wouldn't rule out getting one if it's still on sale in a couple of weeks. It only takes a weak moment, though it would be silly of me.

I have played so little in the past couple of months my finger tips are a soft as babies butts...and probably smell similarly, come to think of it. I need to make myself start playing again.

I know he’s not universally loved here but Jack White crushed it on SNL over the weekend. He played a dope Bigsby Tele in the first number, and then a custom EVH Wolfgang for the second. He’s been playing EVH for a few years now. I remember reading an interview with him where he said wtte “I didn’t realize there were guitars you didn’t have to fight.”

https://pitchfork.com/news/watch-jack-white-perform-the-white-stripes-ball-and-biscuit-on-snl/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1