The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

How the hell has Larkin Poe been off my radar? They are tearing the ass out of a live set right now. Two badass sisters slinging hot rodded Strats, a stand up electric slide, and Fender tube amps? Wheel. Fucking. House.

1adac80317730bc1bb5645385e75c5ba.jpg
85b4c38114ed8fa9a22f7332a19e9f24.jpg

I’m pretty sure they’ve been generally lusted over in these parts for some time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Hot damn Billy Strings is talented. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone wail on an acoustic like that.

And of course Isbell is touring with a pantheon of guitar pron. Sae Sadler playing a b-bender Tele.

Billy Strings's jams with Molly Tuttle are phenominal, if you get a chance.

Hot damn Billy Strings is talented. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone wail on an acoustic like that.

And of course Isbell is touring with a pantheon of guitar pron. Sae Sadler playing a b-bender Tele.

Billy Strings is a fucking alien. The good kind. Not the probe your ass kind. Just insane that guy. Did he have the acoustic with the random volume knob on the body?

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

@noharleyyet, I (like most) had always thought Sturgill had a real Waylon vibe to his vocals, but in that live take I hear more Danny Joe Brown (Molly Hatchet).

I only hear Sturgil....like most I heard Waylon out of the box but realized he's so much more.  Have watched that video 3 times for the guitar work...my gawd what a front man....that vibrato, wow. 

39 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

i'm a huge jason isbell guy and sometimes I'm just...  you know maybe Sturgill is as good and better. For sure he makes more interesting recordings.

Yeah I kind of feel that way as well, but I just have more connection with Isbells music

Ok need some help. I have the option of buying this framed print. It was supposedly taken by Robert Knight on the night Stevie Ray died. I’m told it may have been the last photographs taken of him. Not sure how to verify that.

https://www.modernrocksgallery.com/robert-m-knight-photographer

This thing is huge. Like over 6 feet wide. Maybe 24 inches high. Really cool.

e4662579ca986c7be9127ce58e92cd89.jpg

Trying to figure out what it’s worth and what to pay for it. Anyone have any ideas or where to go for ideas?

8 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Ok need some help. I have the option of buying this framed print. It was supposedly taken by Robert Knight on the night Stevie Ray died. I’m told it may have been the last photographs taken of him. Not sure how to verify that.

Trying to figure out what it’s worth and what to pay for it. Anyone have any ideas or where to go for ideas?

My frame guy could do that for around $125-$150. Also the only way so probably verify is to take the photos out. Also you’d have to verify from a 3rd party but  I’m unsure whom would do that. Try PSA/DNA they may be able to point you in the right direction  

My friend has a few limited / numbered prints, most early Beatles,and even took me to the Art Exchange where they whe premiering a run of limited Ringo Stones prints from some photographer who had toured w them.

Personally I dont get it. I haven't looked into it from an investment standpoint, if they hold their value it could be worth it. I fill my stairwell with framed concert posters and whatnot. I find cheap frames at the thrift store, then find high res images online that I like, crop them to fit the frames, and order them printed at Walgreens for a couple bucks. e95d5d7c47f3d53e8c8c118582d11fbe.jpg6e6e7f5a98882798a2baff8f78c16974.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, tbone_ said:

If it were the actual negative with rights it might be worth it. As for a print, it's a print that can be duplicated a million times. Seems way overpriced to me.

29 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

My friend has a few limited / numbered prints, most early Beatles,and even took me to the Art Exchange where they whe premiering a run of limited Ringo Stones prints from some photographer who had toured w them.

Personally I dont get it. I haven't looked into it from an investment standpoint, if they hold their value it could be worth it. I fill my stairwell with framed concert posters and whatnot. I find cheap frames at the thrift store, then find high res images online that I like, crop them to fit the frames, and order them printed at Walgreens for a couple bucks. e95d5d7c47f3d53e8c8c118582d11fbe.jpg6e6e7f5a98882798a2baff8f78c16974.jpg

This is a much better model, in my opinion. Just don't get caught trying to sell someone's licensed images.

I have shot a few bands that some might be interested in, but no real classic age stuff. I've never really tried selling any prints, but I have some cool shit of Joe Satriani, Dream Theater, a few others here and there. I wish I had started shooting shows when I was in high school where I could have cashed in on some coin eventually.

• Like 1

My new amp situation. The 1x12 arrived today.

I've got a nice, fairly clean blues tone dialed in on Ch1, "my" sound dialed in on Ch2, and the high gain on Ch3 will be fun to play with. It takes a Shaggy Screamer exceptionally well as a lead boost. The 1x12" sounds good turned way down and is plenty loud to play out and I still have my 1960A if I need more. These are great, extremely versatile amps. I highly encourage checking them out if you have a chance. Mines the EL34 version, a lot of people prefer the 6L6 version. Eddie was very involved with the design and evolution of these amps.

I'm coming to Texas this week to marry off my youngest daughter, but when I get back I will have fun pairing it with that Fender Rumble via the Rick-o-sound output on the new bass.

e45aaa41b0f048af8c5038298336b42a.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I ordered our new guitar on the 5th and these mofos are trying to get me killed. It doesn’t show that it has shipped yet and now I’m in danger of it showing up when I’m out of town.

If it's coming FedEx or UPS you can usually change  the delivery so they will hold it at a location once it ships. 

Or if it hasn't shipped, contact them and change the delivery address to someone yiu can trust. i.e. - nobody here.

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 1

Musicians friend stupid deal has a Boss Katana mini 7watt for $80. 

I already have a Blackstar Fly 3 with the extension, which is really cool. But I haven't plugged in for a long time. I don't know why I'm even thinking about this one, except I haven't bought anything for a while.

23 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Ok fuckers! I’m gonna be selling 3 of my guitars. Looking for a cool vintage Les Paul custom black beauty. 70s probably I think. What says you? Anyone that can help I’d appreciate it 

Help buy your guitars or help pick a Les Paul?

I actually have an affinity for 70s LPs myself. I will warn you they weigh eleventy billion pounds though.

50 minutes ago, G650 said:

Help buy your guitars or help pick a Les Paul?

I actually have an affinity for 70s LPs myself. I will warn you they weigh eleventy billion pounds though.

Help find a LP. I ain’t scared of the weight. I have to carry my nuts around and them are pretty heavy ;) 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

Ok fuckers! I’m gonna be selling 3 of my guitars. Looking for a cool vintage Les Paul custom black beauty. 70s probably I think. What says you? Anyone that can help I’d appreciate it 

You can only play one at a time, so I’d much rather have that one guitar of my dreams than 3 good/great guitars.  What do you mean by help?

2 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Help find a LP. I ain’t scared of the weight. I have to carry my nuts around and them are pretty heavy ;) 

My man.

So I don't know how much you have looked into 70s LPs so far, but if not much then the gist is most will have pancake bodies, I think all have three piece necks. Most have three piece tops as well. Slim necks from what I have seen personally. Typically the 70-72 Customs seem to be the most sought after but my opinion is they are all pretty good if you get something that fits your needs. There is a lot of misinformation and myth with this era. With guitars in general there is always BS but these ones are especially prone to nonsense. My over generalization is that the 70's LPs were better heavy music guitars, more sustain, less resonance than the 50's guitars. These are the guitars Randy Rhodes and Billy Duffy used.

There's other more specific things, but that's the overview. If you see one you want to pickup I'd be happy to scope it out. And I'll keep my eye out for any that look promising if you let us know the budget?

My 77 Standard is one of the best playing guitars I've ever had, full stop.

1 hour ago, G650 said:

My man.

So I don't know how much you have looked into 70s LPs so far, but if not much then the gist is most will have pancake bodies, I think all have three piece necks. Most have three piece tops as well. Slim necks from what I have seen personally. Typically the 70-72 Customs seem to be the most sought after but my opinion is they are all pretty good if you get something that fits your needs. There is a lot of misinformation and myth with this era. With guitars in general there is always BS but these ones are especially prone to nonsense. My over generalization is that the 70's LPs were better heavy music guitars, more sustain, less resonance than the 50's guitars. These are the guitars Randy Rhodes and Billy Duffy used.

There's other more specific things, but that's the overview. If you see one you want to pickup I'd be happy to scope it out. And I'll keep my eye out for any that look promising if you let us know the budget?

This is the info we have come for. Thanks

21 hours ago, G650 said:

My man.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gibson/Vintage-1975-Les-Paul-Custom-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-118076730.gc

2 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Nice, in stock, I just bought it.

Kidding. Looks like a good slab, I would probably see if you could get some pictures of the pots and cavity. Those are not the original knobs, and there is a toggle switch, so I'd be curious what's going on there. I think mid 4's is right in the range on price as long as nothing wacky inside. I think those are original pickups. The toggle may be a coil splitter? Usually it's a pull pot for that.

I did get a kick out of the description. "This guitar comes with a case". lol.

41 minutes ago, G650 said:

Nice, in stock, I just bought it.

Kidding. Looks like a good slab, I would probably see if you could get some pictures of the pots and cavity. Those are not the original knobs, and there is a toggle switch, so I'd be curious what's going on there. I think mid 4's is right in the range on price as long as nothing wacky inside. I think those are original pickups. The toggle may be a coil splitter? Usually it's a pull pot for that.

I did get a kick out of the description. "This guitar comes with a case". lol.

Yeah I’m not sold on that one. Also how high was the guy that wrote the Description lmao