The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Itsthe 50w version. Its super light, compact, and easy to carry. Ch1 and 2 share controls, with split shafts for Vol and Gain. Ch3 is a beast. I played some blues through the cleans and was actually surprises how well it responded. I found my Rock and Roll sound on Ch2 with the gain turned way down and the shared presence up. Ch3 is perfect for that concept piece I've written and I think we are about to record.

Its got an effects loop, midi in, even a fucking headphone jack. It does everything. I need to bring my cab home from our studio.

I was in the vip room with it turned so low we could talk over it and it sounded great, then got plenty loud when I turned it up.

I paid about half of what i was expecting to pay for a new amp head

I'm gonna be selling a bunch of amps. Cleaning house.a6d16401450d6ed5e559e740d9430354.jpgda06747d6d127be9bb486c0ffe78dc1c.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

All the Classic Vibe stuff is pretty nice. I've played more than a few of the guitars and all were solid instruments that were well put together and sounded great. 

8 minutes ago, G650 said:

That's a wicked deal if so.

I'd you can find a used Chinese-made one before they moved production to Indonesia at a good price, grab one. The quality and quality control were fantastic. The pickups were unbranded but made in the same plant that made Toneriders and were really nice. I had two Teles and a Strat. The Tele necks were a bit thin from front to back but I had no issue with them. They both had nice tiger stripes in the maple. 

Fit and finish was better than the MIM Standards.

Edited by Deej

8 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'd you can find a used Chinese-made one before they moved production to Indonesia at a good price, grab one. The quality and quality control were fantastic. The pickups were unbranded but made in the same plant that made Toneriders and were really nice. I had two Teles and a Strat. The Tele necks were a bit thin from front to back but I had no issue with them. They both had nice tiger stripes in the maple. 

Fit and finish was better than the MIM Standards.

Yeah I don't buy shit from China on principle, but I definitely appreciate the value proposition.

In related money spending news, I just ordered another 4x12 cab from Weber because I have no good sense apparently.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Yeah I don't buy shit from China on principle, but I definitely appreciate the value proposition

I get it, but I wasn't gonna find a double-bound 60s Tele in sunburst for $350 anywhere else.

Fender had people over there supervising the production at the time and nothing bad really went out of that factory. The Indonesian ones have different pups and are much heavier in general. 

Edited by Deej
  • Like 1

If you pick up a Spark amp, be VERY CAREFUL when signing in to your Spotify account.  It somehow associated itself with a free Spotify account I had years ago.  I had completely forgotten about it and I can't even find it anymore to sign in to it....but fucking Positive Grid did.  And there isn't a way to cut the connection so I can sign in to my paid Spotify account.  I even deleted the apps, set up a new account under a different email and it still connects to the wrong Spotify account.  

I've contacted them..they have offered some suggestions, none work.  Seems like a simple thing to fix.  One issue is once you set up the Spark account on the app, you can't even log out.  This is kind of disappointing.  

• Rage+1 2

23 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

If you pick up a Spark amp, be VERY CAREFUL when signing in to your Spotify account.  It somehow associated itself with a free Spotify account I had years ago.  I had completely forgotten about it and I can't even find it anymore to sign in to it....but fucking Positive Grid did.  And there isn't a way to cut the connection so I can sign in to my paid Spotify account.  I even deleted the apps, set up a new account under a different email and it still connects to the wrong Spotify account.  

I've contacted them..they have offered some suggestions, none work.  Seems like a simple thing to fix.  One issue is once you set up the Spark account on the app, you can't even log out.  This is kind of disappointing.  

Wow, that blows.  Sorry you have to deal with that.

You know what doesn't sign in automatically to your Spotify account?

Tube amps. 

Don't get me wrong. I have bought my share of modeling amps. I think they sounds great, for a bit, but then I plug back into a tube amp and think, "There it is."

Edited by Deej
  • Like 2

No argument that tube amp tone is > modeling, especially at the < $300 modeler price point.  But that’s not really the issue here.  This is a serious flaw in the mobile app, and it’s something Positive Grid should have caught and rectified in a QA period a long time ago.

• Like 1

Tube amps. 
Don't get me wrong. I have bought my share of modeling amps. I think they sounds great, for a bit, but then I plug back into a tube amp and think, "There it is."
I bought this amp because I'm 1000 miles from home for no idea how long and just needed a little practice amp to keep me sane after my two parents go to bed. Caring for them all day and half the night sucks me emotionally dry every fucking day. And like mentioned. It is an issue with app, not the amp.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I bought this amp because I'm 1000 miles from home for no idea how long and just needed a little practice amp to keep me sane after my two parents go to bed. Caring for them all day and half the night sucks me emotionally dry every fucking day. And like mentioned. It is an issue with app, not the amp.
Hang in there and stay safe hula. My girl is back in Croatia dealing with the same. Life. Fuck.

33 minutes ago, hullabelew said:
3 hours ago, Deej said:
Tube amps. 

Sorry man, that was a lot of last year for me, and music was a great outlet.  Hang in there.

Hang in there and stay sane hula. My girl is back in Croatia dealing with the same shit. Life can be a motherfucker.

Maple neck through, and this one is Walnut glues on either side for the body. I think all the others are Maple/Maple.

Its got stereo out. Mono sends both pickups to the amp as usual, but if you plug in 2 cables, 1 pickup goes to each. I dont know if ill ever get that complicated with it. Theoretically, you can send each pickup through a different effects chain.

As much as I love the simplicity of a P-Bass, this is not that.

1 minute ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Maple neck through, and this one is Walnut glues on either side for the body. I think all the others are Maple/Maple.

Its got stereo out. Mono sends both pickups to the amp as usual, but if you plug in 2 cables, 1 pickup goes to each. I dont know if ill ever get that complicated with it. Theoretically, you can send each pickup through a different effects chain.

As much as I love the simplicity of a P-Bass, this is not that.

https://www.rattlesnakecables.com/article/rick-o-sound-what-do-you-need/

Unlock your full potential!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

TBH, I haven't played anything but Koffs and Dirty Years stuff on it. Thats what its intended for and I needed to see 8f I can don't without that big pickup cover thing getting in the way.

With that Rick-o-Sound thing, wonder if I can run 2 amp heads into one cab? I bet I could.

Pickup cover solution that a lot of the Talkbasser’s use.

https://www.thetreblebezel.com/

• Like 1