The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

2 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Moon landing to 87 Strat - 18 years

87 Strat to today -              35 years

Thanks for picking my birth year and high school graduation year for your comparison, asshole. You really know  how to hurt a guy. 

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 1

Has anyone ever won a weekend like Wolfgang won this past weekend?

Would have been cool to see him play his dad's first Ernie Ball, which, if you look at the science, is the Telecaster's only rival for sheer amount of concentrated dork. But still, would've warmed the heart to see it.

I don't think I gave him a fair chance because of the nepotism and being Team Anthony, but that ends now. The guy has wicked chops and seems like a sweetheart.

Edited by BoomMF
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Take off the pigeon silhouette and the one on the left is pretty rad

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I’d rather have one with a Union Jack to celebrate the Queen

doesn't someone have a noel gallagher epi? @Bogeywon?

14 hours ago, BoomMF said:

Has anyone ever won a weekend like Wolfgang won this past weekend?

Would have been cool to see him play his dad's first Ernie Ball, which, if you look at the science, is the Telecaster's only rival for sheer amount of concentrated dork. But still, would've warmed the heart to see it.

I was super confused on this but I think I follow - you mean the EVH Peavey? Which looks remarkably like an EB Axis.

Ok and now I'm digging and realizing there's more history here. EB Axis, which I think is unrelated

ernie-ball-music-man-axis.jpg

i wanted one of these because it's what Chris Demakes played during Hello Rockview era Less Than Jake

Peavey EVH Wolfgang

peavey-wolfgang-standard-sunburst-2001-c

How are these not the same guitar?

EVH Wolfgang (a fender company)

evh-wolfgang-usa-155567.png

am I missing some link between EVH and Ernie Ball other than that those guitars have always looked exactly the same? Ok, and looking up the ernie ball page it looks like there is some history there with EVH.

Edited by Celery Man

I dont know whats going on with the whole EVH brand. I remember the 1st 5150 amps were Peavey branded, then they were EVH branded but Peavey built. Ive leaned since I got my 5150 iii that they are now Fender engineered and built.

Those Erie Ball guitars are well built and a lot of fun to play. Ive kinda wanted the Alvin Lee model for years now.

• Hook 'Em 1

ok these guys in 2007 are claiming that it was originally an Albert Lee signature before Eddie Van Halen came to Music Man looking to work on a signature model. Unclear who originated the body shape.

https://forums.ernieball.com/threads/ernie-ball-axis-history.21007/

Here's another snippet with an old Ernie Ball Music Man ad with EVH

https://www.angelfire.com/ca2/smithtone/st_evhebmm.html

ebmm_ad.jpg

• Like 1

I had to borrow a bass to practice while my P-Bass was in route to Vegas, thats when I realized I needed a backup bass. About a week later I dreamt that I'd bought a Rickenbacker bass as a back up, but ended up loving the Rick more - which was unthinkable. That's where this whole thing started.

That was no dream, it was a premonition.

Out of the box it was a good bass, but for the money you'de think they'd ship it out the door with a half decent setup. It was aweful. Both string height and spacing were all over the place. I spent half an hour setting it up and the thing nearly plays itself now. I can't put it down. The pickup cover is great, I can anchor the edge of my hand on it with my thumb on the neck pickup. The way the body is carved my forearm rests right along the top. The neck is super tight and responsive.

I couldn't wait to get to practice to hear it mix in with the others and finally got the chance last night. It took a little dialing in, but it got there and sounded great. Bandmates love it. Woke up stroked from it and couldn't wait to get my hands on it this morning, though the fingers on both hands a sore and achey.

Picked up the P-Bass and it felt bulky and loose. It pains me to write that, I love my P-Bass.

Next up, dialing in the Rick-o-Sound. Ive ordered the matching 1x12 cab to go with that 5150iii that I bought the same day. Im starting to think maybe that wasn't a coincidence. Ill run the neck pickup into the bass amp and the bridge into a guitar amp with a touch of gain dialed in. Our guitar player already plays through a bass amp, so why not?

• Hook 'Em 1

yep that's a rickenbacker
glad it's dialed in and working well. favorite gross bassist trick for sore fingers - rub your fingers on your nose.
I'm lucky I bought new. As complicated as this bridge is, I see they were even more complicated prior to a redesign in 2020 and old ones are nearly impossible to set up. You had to remove all the strings to make any adjustment to even 1.

In other bass news, picking this up tonight from my pops on loan to do some tracks with. Parts J Bass he put together awhile back. He actually thinks it might beat his '62 in some instances.

37635.jpg
I saw a young woman the other night who had a J-Bass dialed in as well as ive ever heard a bass sound. She played both with a pick and her fingers. I went to the stageafter their set to see what pedals she was using and there was nothing but a tuner ahead of the amp.

Super cute too.

f26893d757d2a81184f95182a2563cc2.jpg

1 minute ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I went to the stage after their set to see what pedals she was using and there was nothing but a tuner ahead of the amp.

A woman after my own heart. I've played probably 90% of my entire career with a LP plugged straight into a Marshall Jubilee.

1 minute ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Super cute too.

Even better!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnotherUTFan said:

I had to borrow a bass to practice while my P-Bass was in route to Vegas, thats when I realized I needed a backup bass. About a week later I dreamt that I'd bought a Rickenbacker bass as a back up, but ended up loving the Rick more - which was unthinkable. That's where this whole thing started.

That was no dream, it was a premonition.

Out of the box it was a good bass, but for the money you'de think they'd ship it out the door with a half decent setup. It was aweful. Both string height and spacing were all over the place. I spent half an hour setting it up and the thing nearly plays itself now. I can't put it down. The pickup cover is great, I can anchor the edge of my hand on it with my thumb on the neck pickup. The way the body is carved my forearm rests right along the top. The neck is super tight and responsive.

I couldn't wait to get to practice to hear it mix in with the others and finally got the chance last night. It took a little dialing in, but it got there and sounded great. Bandmates love it. Woke up stroked from it and couldn't wait to get my hands on it this morning, though the fingers on both hands a sore and achey.

Picked up the P-Bass and it felt bulky and loose. It pains me to write that, I love my P-Bass.

Next up, dialing in the Rick-o-Sound. Ive ordered the matching 1x12 cab to go with that 5150iii that I bought the same day. Im starting to think maybe that wasn't a coincidence. Ill run the neck pickup into the bass amp and the bridge into a guitar amp with a touch of gain dialed in. Our guitar player already plays through a bass amp, so why not?

Sounds like your dream bass, until the next one comes around. 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1