The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

1 hour ago, locodos said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a5d82c236c952e7a51aff6a8483e1edc.jpeg

Arrived today...

While the box looked worse, and had been opened and re stapled, the guitar looks much better... thoughts compared to the one I returned

• The finish on this guitar looks perfect
  • The latest guitar is 8'3oz compared to 7'12oz 
  • The neck is darker and has more grain
  • This guitar is not intonated well on the 2/6 strings (setup)
  • Action seems high out of the box (setup)
  • The fret ends are not great (about the same as the other guitar) some sharp some not, but on the high e string,  the first fret doesn't even come to the edge of the fret board, it doesn't miss by much but that's a new one for me. (pic below)
  • Serial starts with MX22 and fender shows 1/22 build date

image.thumb.jpeg.3d74b42e6420b420036a39ac15f8bcde.jpeg

Six saddle bridge. You can intonate it very easily. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Six saddle bridge. You can intonate it very easily. 

That's the plan.  Going to try and do the setup myself.  Then when it's good and fucked I'll take it in to the shop down the street.

Also planning on dressing the fret ends.   

FYI to any Adorama peeps, I opened it up and it has an Oak Grigsby switch and 250k CTS pots, I think that's pretty standard but at least you know they didn't spec it out with cheaper electronics to get the price down.

That neck looks a lot better than their pics. I'm tempted to try my luck, but that Strummer Tele that hurts everyone's eyes is the best guitar I've played. Haven't picked another one up since I got it. I never have to fight it. 

Edited by Deej

10 hours ago, DougO said:

Semi-affordable DGT? 

Dear Santa...

That thing sounds great.  I don't really keep up with PRS models (outside of the HBII I own).  But I've always felt like the pickups mine has in it (archtops) are the perfect match for the guitar.  The one he plays in that video seems equally well matched up and put together.

17 hours ago, dcbc said:

While I've heard that Fender put P10Q speakers in some 1960 tweed Bassman amps, I've never seen an original amp with those speakers.  Instead, they always are P10R speakers, for which there is plenty of room on top when the bell covers are removed.

So out of curiosity I went and looked at my 5F6A, and I'll be damned if the original cap cover doesn't sit insanely close. Probably a couple mm clearance. I had never really looked at it with the chassis in the cab before. The dimension front to back is definitely smaller on the original than the new style, but the footprint looks the same.

2 hours ago, dcbc said:

That thing sounds great.  I don't really keep up with PRS models (outside of the HBII I own).  But I've always felt like the pickups mine has in it (archtops) are the perfect match for the guitar.  The one he plays in that video seems equally well matched up and put together.

It's all to his specs. The DGT models have unique pickups that you can only obtain by buying on of his DGT models. They don't sell them separate. If you find them on Reverb or something they prices reflect the rarity. I wonder if the SE version has the same pickups. I expect it to still be fairly pricey.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, noharleyyet said:

In the white room with black curtains near the station

I actually randomly ended up watching White Room on YouTube yesterday from the 2005 Cream reunion show after going down a rabbit hole,  and I text my Dad, who is a big Cream fan I always forget the Clapton can actually blaze on guitar when needed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, noharleyyet said:

Things I didn't know I wanted Alex...

The function of this thread is essentially to get us all to spend all of our money.

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Epivo straps are expensive, but good. I have a couple.

Yeah for sure. Take awhile to get too, but nice to have.

From awhile back I had said that I was going to pick up a LP or SG while I was in Texas to take back to Singapore.

I ended up going with an Epiphone Slash LP. I got a decent deal from Sweetwater and I think it looks better than a lower end Gibson.

8a9c18f6eddc008e83715a994048a3ca.jpg

Only 1 minor flaw with one of the knobs. Besides that it is tight.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, G650 said:

Bassman

Fire Elmo GIF

I want to hear some audio!  Also, it needs a badge.  I know why you didn't want that LD badge (I replaced it on my Ha'va'd).  But it needs a face.

Also, your Boss/Waza pedal game is strong.  My favorite delay (mine's an 82).

3 hours ago, Goredho said:

Sorta interesting (and seemingly rare?) 1992 Telecaster plus in “Firestorm Red” finish showed up for sale nearby.  Anyone know anything about these?  I’m not interested, but may go give it a play just to have played it.

E287AE31-DC9A-441C-ACD2-C0A7CA08B135.jpeg

A2E01B58-9AFE-4D8B-AE0C-E85ABB7BA72A.jpeg

Tele with a(n) H in the bridge is unusual.  How does it sound?

9 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

From awhile back I had said that I was going to pick up a LP or SG while I was in Texas to take back to Singapore.

I ended up going with an Epiphone Slash LP. I got a decent deal from Sweetwater and I think it looks better than a lower end Gibson.

8a9c18f6eddc008e83715a994048a3ca.jpg

Only 1 minor flaw with one of the knobs. Besides that it is tight.

My man

9 hours ago, dcbc said:

Tele with a(n) H in the bridge is unusual.  How does it sound?

Yeah, the look and bridge HB seem like an attempt to make a “modern” Tele for the 80’s, but it would have been about 7 years late in 1992.  

I have not played it yet and might not.  It’s about 40 mins away and Im not really interested.  It would be to just have played a somewhat rare guitar.

3 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Yeah, the look and bridge HB seem like an attempt to make a “modern” Tele for the 80’s, but it would have been about 7 years late in 1992.  

I have not played it yet and might not.  It’s about 40 mins away and Im not really interested.  It would be to just have played a somewhat rare guitar.

My opinion is you aren't missing much.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Agreed. I still want a tele with two p90s though, whatever it actually is.

16 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Should have also clarified: not koa and not 4600 clams. Bound sunburst preferable, but not required.

Squier paranormal baritone cabronita for $399.99.  Stretch them fingers!

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier/Paranormal-Series-Baritone-Cabronita-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar-Surf-Green-1500000348339.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWMWXGP&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnNacBhDvARIsABnDa698aN0exaP5WJxCZt5vzexAHi0gGBsTmRKJmC93-Syqgay0j1zicOkaAmmxEALw_wcB

E513BF87-F540-403B-9EB0-B6C09617913E.webp

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 1