The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

One of the best guitarists I know still takes lessons from someone who isn't as good of a guitarist as he is.  He says it helps stimulate creativity, especially when he gets in a rut.  Plus, it gives you someone else to play along with.  I always like playing with someone who is better than me so I can learn from them and it encourages me to practice more.  Mainly so I don't embarrass myself.  Keep it up!

Edited by hullabelew
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, noharleyyet said:

I just quit lessons again...will admit they drive me out of gottdampt mind. Don't believe my playing will ever be where I want it to be.

The thing is that I'm in a place where my "give a shit" meter is tapering off.  I've played music all of my life and I've never really considered it "fun."  I loved it because I worked my ass off and was considered a good classical student.  That made my parents happy.  I won't go on.  I'm full on guitar and fuck the noise.  Have fun.  Get bent.  Turn it up.

Edited by tigol
Nope, not Asian.
  • Like 1

Speaking of Albert. I didn't realize the V he played throughout most of career was an original '58 korina that he'd bought new, or newish.

Pretty sure that's it in the posted pic.

Does yours actually work? I’m beginning to have my doubts. Pic looks shopped.

Let’s hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does yours actually work? I’m beginning to have my doubts. Pic looks shopped.

Let’s hear it.

I'll record something when I get it to the practice space where I can crank it through the Super, or maybe through my friends Dual Rectifier stack that's in there. A guitar like this isn't meant to played at apartment levels and frankly I'd be embarrassed to introduce you to her like that. 

I'll record something when I get it to the practice space where I can crank it through the Auper, or maybe through my friends Dual Rectifier stack that's in there. A guitar like this isn't meant to played at apartment levels and frankly I'd be embarrassed to introduce you to her like that.

No worries man. Look forward to it

NAMM: New Special, Limited Edition Martins

CEO-9

martin-ceo-9@1400x560.jpg

Grandioso's take: This is badass

D-42 Custom

martin-d42-custom@1400x560.jpg

Grandioso's take: The made 50 of these and they cost $9,999.00. For 1%ers only. Gorgeous though. Not sure about the fretboard inlays.

OMCE Shadow Burst

martin-omce-shadow-burst@1400x560.jpg

Grandioso's take: Swing and a miss

DXMAE 30th Anniversary (An homage to Martin's Mexico plant that makes Martins for the common man.)

martin-dxame-30th-anniversary@1400x560.j

Grandioso's take: Fuck yes. And this costs $799? Double fuck yes.

D-Homeward

martin-d-homeward@1400x1050.jpg

Grandioso's take: Pass. Oh, it's also $20,000.00.

22 hours ago, AnotherUTFan said:

You got + rep from me when you did. Jeez, what else do you want?

How about another picture of me and my V?

ab90921c3c200c5a605512b68f7ad083.jpg

Boss af.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:51 AM, noharleyyet said:

this...3 min 27, yep yep

That moment when homeboy stands up cause you can't sit through what's about to happen. And Tom Herman on drums knows he's witnessing something.

Edited by BoomMF

I have a cheap guitar that I’m going to sell as I do not foresee the time needed to dedicate to become even a beginner at this point. Oh yeah, got this when I was about 10, and even though I spent a lot of time back then, I couldn’t pick it up. Any of you have an idea of what this would be worth? I know it isn’t much but cleaning out the garage.  ETA: pretty sure it would need pickups and has a few ding. 

cb9c350e51a273e159dbf448addae559.jpge9243f5dbc8db078e7ebc5879d82adac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I have a cheap guitar that I’m going to sell as I do not foresee the time needed to dedicate to become even a beginner at this point. Oh yeah, got this when I was about 10, and even though I spent a lot of time back then, I couldn’t pick it up.

Is 1989 way off for a manufacture date?

ETA: pretty sure it would need pickups and has a few ding. 

Why would it need new pickups?

49 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is 1989 way off for a manufacture date?

Why would it need new pickups?

No idea, I tried to look it all up and just got lost.  I would have gotten it (second hand) in 93-94 iirc.  The paint job would certainly suggest so  

Wrt: pickups. I plugged it in and it didn’t do shit really. I’ll play around a bit more and see if I can adjust everything out or if they are really toast. I just have a cheap little Crate amp (new in 93-94) that internets said is about $15-25 now. 

Edited by fattyflattie

If those are active pickups there may be a dead battery involved.  I'll defer to the shredders around here -- I've never owned a guitar with active pickups.  But, it would surprise me greatly if the actual pickups were dead.  It would be far more likely that there was a loose or open solder joint in the output jack, or a dead battery trying to feed the pickups, or . . . ?