The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

Yeah, it's interesting, I don't know anything about Aria.  Quick Google indicates that it is a Japanese brand, and doesn't seem like quite as simple as a cheap Wal-Mart brand or anything.  Interesting range of prices here https://reverb.com/brand/aria.  The one linked above is the same guitar, although it has Seymour Duncan pickups which may possibly actually inflate the price a tad.  That one doesn't say anything about active pickups and I don't see a battery compartment or anything here

xwp2uvptfqzomhqbhtng.jpg

so I would guess that your guitar needs a little TLC with a soldering gun to function properly.  It looks cool though, and it has that whole 80s Jackson/Charvel/Ibanez super strat thing going.  My wild ass highly speculative guess is that you could go get $100 for it fairly easily and may be able to get closer to $200 if you can better determine what's wrong with it and possibly fix it.  But that is highly speculative and based on very little good information.

I'm interviewing Eric Johnson (phone) for my radio show at 2:20pm. Submit questions to make me look smart. 
He's doing a tour in honor of the upcoming 30 year anny of Ah Via Musicom. He's also doing the "Experience Hendrix" thing again later this spring.

Ask him if he can really tell the difference between batteries in his tube screamer.
  • Like 3

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

But seriously, he stopped me & my buddy in the old Whole Foods parking lot (where Cheapo Discs ended up) to talk about my buddy's vintage T-Bird.  You might ask about his interest in cars.

That's good - I had a general question about hobbies and interests outside music - now I know where I might be able to go with that.

16 minutes ago, Grandioso said:

That's good - I had a general question about hobbies and interests outside music - now I know where I might be able to go with that.

Could have just been a random thing for him, but he sure seemed to know his old T-Birds.  I was far too interested in talking about guitars, but I deferred.

Could have just been a random thing for him, but he sure seemed to know his old T-Birds.  I was far too interested in talking about guitars, but I deferred.

I might ask him where the jacket is from his 1987 ACL recording. If he’s in a fun mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandioso said:

I'm interviewing Eric Johnson (phone) for my radio show at 2:20pm. Submit questions to make me look smart. 

He's doing a tour in honor of the upcoming 30 year anny of Ah Via Musicom. He's also doing the "Experience Hendrix" thing again later this spring.

I would actually like to know about his interaction with ZZ Top and SRV when they were first getting started.  From what I've read in SRV's biography, they were all run by the same management team(?) and rumors were they kept EJ and SRV held back so they didn't get in the way of ZZ Top's success. 

His other interests would be a cool question, and probably out of the ordinary.  

27 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

I would actually like to know about his interaction with ZZ Top and SRV when they were first getting started.  From what I've read in SRV's biography, they were all run by the same management team(?) and rumors were they kept EJ and SRV held back so they didn't get in the way of ZZ Top's success. 

I didn't know any of those guys (Bill Ham's management team), but one of my objectively, utterly mediocre bands played some show at a weird outdoor venue east of downtown maybe 15 years ago and Ham saw us and started putting the hard rush on us to consider signing with them.  It was bizarre.  We were a bunch of approaching-middle-age dudes with no drive, little skill and really nothing more than a few catchy songs but that guy acted like we ZZ Top.  I think he was really, really drunk.  I'm not sure I'd trust any story that came out about him, but I'd believe just about anything.

• Like 1