The Guitar Pron Thread

Celery Man

My friend Madison has very limited Custon Shop Strat that was made in a limited run for some winery up in Napa. Its wine red with gold, if I recall correctly they soaked the wood in the wine to get the color. Plus every guitar came with a case of the wine. He's still got l iij keys 6 bottles of the wine. I'll get the story and some pics the next time I go over there.

Adam Levine played a relic’d Strat in the Super Bowl halftime show.  Well, he mainly just wore the guitar and barely played it at all.  And I suppose that’s really the point of relic’d guitars anyway: you get the aesthetic of a road worn guitar without ever having to do anything to road wear the guitar.

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

I really have an itch for one of these.  In my mind, it scratches an offset itch and an alterna-metal itch at the same time.  Does it get the squeely widdle-dee widdle-dees? 

the pickups are hot! but they are awesome.  only jammed with a drummer once with it and it was loud! highly recommend

5 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

Adam Levine played a relic’d Strat in the Super Bowl halftime show.  Well, he mainly just wore the guitar and barely played it at all.  And I suppose that’s really the point of relic’d guitars anyway: you get the aesthetic of a road worn guitar without ever having to do anything to road wear the guitar.

The sad thing is that he can play pretty well.  They might have actually rescued that abortion of a halftime show if they had given him 20-30 seconds for a real solo.

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m not sure anyone here will be interested, but it’s time to downsize a little. I’m going to unload my Taylor 414CE and a Yamaha baritone that has Seymour Duncans and a licensed Floyd Rose. Let me know if interested.

You'l miss the Taylor.....until you mic a Martin

What is worse than some kid walking into a guitar shop and putting on a noodle-fest? A fucking employee found the same thing. Me and about dude were testing guitars and this asshole fires up an Orange monster ammo and begins to put on a fuck show.

Now the other dude and I are just standing around waiting for him to quit so we can hear our guitars and amps.

You'l miss the Taylor.....until you mic a Martin

The Taylor has been neglected since I got the Breedlove. It deserves to be played.

Which gives me a thought: I should probably take a stab at getting my daughter interested in guitar first because then I could give it to her. She plays piano well and has a great ear.

The best song on Phil Lynott's 1st solo album is a song about Elvis called "The King's Call." I don't know how I never knew this just by listening, but I recently learned that Mark Knopfler is the guitar player on it. Its obvious once you hear it. So searched and found this video. Not only do you get Knopfler on his red Strat sounding exactly like Knopfler on his red Strat, Phil puts down his P-Bass in favor of a beautiful White Falcon.

Whoever put this on YouTube mistakenly labeled it as Thin Lizzy. Its not, though it does show up on at least one Thin Lizzy compilation album; and that is Brian Downey on drums..

Two dudes testing guitars, trying to distract from my awesome shredding? 

Ha. The manager came over and yelled at him to turn it down. He did for a bit then cranked it up again. Mgr went over and unplugged it. Dude disappeared to the back.

I was test driving two different Gretsch hollow bodies. An American made and Korean made. The Korean actually played better but the American has better pickups. I was playing then thru a kick-ass Supro. Momma.

I have to go to Nashville next week so saving my guitar cash for Carter Vintage but if that fails, I think that orange one is coming home with me. I can upgrade to the better pickups, but honestly don't think I need to.

7f16adc21122d4837d746846dd724e07.jpg

• Like 3