Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Ringo's strength as a CB is the fact that he is so good at jamming people at the line. He is a physical corner with a lot of good body and hand placement skills.

Usually, guys like that are compensating for not being as fast as other corners, so to see his eye-popping 100m time just makes you shake your head and say, "Damn." That is one impressive individual.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

What did he run? 10.41? 

Wasnt Jamall a 10.11?

5 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Owens ran a FAT 10.29 a week or two ago, and it's still early in the season.  And Jamaal wasn't overrated 6'3," 210 .lbs.

fify #advantageaggy

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

What does FAT stand for? 

58 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Fully automatic time.  I think.  It’s the legit electronic time.  

I just looked it up myself after post #11428.

If I'd read to the bottom before looking it up, I wouldn't have had to... (obviously)

I kept thinking that there was some Wind Aided stuff involved in the "FAT" meaning. But holy crap! 10.29 FAT is insane!

(E.J. Holland) Weekend recruiting notes: Crystal Ball changes for key targets

— After over a year of having my Crystal Ball pick in for Troy Omeire to Texas A&M, I have changed it to foggy. Omeire tweeted out that he wants to make a decision soon. But I think that has more to do with the process wearing on him as opposed to him truly knowing where he wants to go. As I’ve mentioned over the last month, Texas has done a tremendous job of recruiting Omeire and everyone around him this offseason. He loves UT’s big wide receivers pitch and was blown away on his recent visit that also saw his mom and trainer make it to campus. At the very least, Texas has evened up this race. The key here is winning over his mother.

— I changed my Crystal Ball from foggy to Oklahoma for four-star Little Elm cornerback Ryan Watts. I mentioned when I put in the foggy pick a couple of weeks ago that I felt Watts was trending towards the Sooners. Texas did a great job with Watts at junior day, but I’m told Watts really wants to play with good friend and 7v7 teammate Jahari Rogers at the next level. Rogers, an OU legacy, and Watts will both be at the Oklahoma spring game next month, and I’ve heard the Sooners are going to make a strong push to lock down both while on campus.

— Texas hosted an intriguing prospect for an unofficial visit on Friday in three-star 2020 Southlake Carroll tight end Blake Smith. A former quarterback, Smith is one of the top The Opening testers at the tight end position in the country and has recently notched P5 offers from schools like Boston College, California, TCU and Utah. He is one to watch.

— Another recruit that we didn’t have down on our list that made their way to practice was 2021 Katy quarterback Bronson McClelland. He holds an early offer from Rutgers, and I’m told there ‘is some Sam Ehlinger in him.’ While Preston Stone is the guy for next cycle, McClellan would be an interesting QB2.