Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Just thinking what this class may be right now, it looks like it could be elite at every position except TE ( will we even take 1 this class ) and LB, only because nothing looks good in-state.  Maybe Snow could be that LB?  Can Orlando work his OOS magic again in Cali. on Justin Flowe?  We may also only take a couple LB's with taking 3-4 for the 2019 class.  

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Just thinking what this class may be right now, it looks like it could be elite at every position except TE ( will we even take 1 this class ) and LB, only because nothing looks good in-state.  Maybe Snow could be that LB?  Can Orlando work his OOS magic again in Cali. on Justin Flowe?  We may also only take a couple LB's with taking 3-4 for the 2019 class.  

Epps may not end up at TE; it's too important to skip the position.

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Maybe Ringo’s teammate would be interested?

https://247sports.com/Player/Damian-Sellers-46050068/

50 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We'll have to recruit Snow as a DB

We'll go big game hunting nationally at LB

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/11/open-post-tuesday-november-20th/

Recruiting Quick-Hitters
– Super K

***Two guys that didn’t make it in were Texas A&M 2020 OL commits, Akinola Ogunbiyi and Smart Chibuzo. They ended up going to Texas A&M. It was a last minute decision. Akinola told me that they both traveled with a trainer who made a late change of plans.

***A 5-star 2020 CB made it in though. Dwight McGlothern made the trip down to Texas. McGlothern has been on TAMU’s campus…A LOT. So, I’m going to curious to see what he thought about Texas after yesterday’s visit.

You can just feel a shift happening in the perception of Texas. A change in the winds. It’s an uprising. I want to know if the 2020 recruits are feeling that as well.

***And Zach Evans did finally make it back to Texas. I actually got a little worried because I texted a family member of his yesterday to confirm if they had made it and they hadn’t left yet. So, I thought it may not happen.

But it did…

Zach isn’t anywhere near a decision but you wanted to get him on campus for at least one game this season and they did. Again, we’ll be checking with these prospects throughout the week.

Sourced Notes | Zach Evans and Kelee Ringo
– Super K

Hope everyone is having a good start to their Thanksgiving week!

Here’s a couple sourced notes on two 5-star 2020 prospects who were on campus.

***I asked how things went with 2020 running back, Zach Evans. Was told, “he and his brother really liked the visit. I think they like where the program is headed now. It’s a tough program and it’s working but it doesn’t mean you can be yourself. Texas still has guys with unique personalities. Hager is a character.”

The source joked, “It’s like everyone has a super hero character. You can go to Texas and be a marvel character”.

I have to say that it is interesting how Herman is able to maintain a program that is disciplined and intensely regimented and demanding but still give players the freedom to be themselves. They don’t come off publicly like an Alabama where everyone answers the media questions the same way, has the same public personality, etc. It’s certainly noteworthy.

***5-star CB, Kelee Ringo is a guy I think Texas put themselves very much in contention for. I’m set to speak with Ringo later this week but I wanted to note that sources around the Texas program feel like they did what they needed to on this first visit to ensure that they are a player in this recruitment.

“Had a very good time. Actually, unbelievable time if you ask me. His coach (former Texas DB, Bryant Westbrook) has praised Texas and he’s heard that. So, going in Kelee had high expectations of the visit and I think those expectations were met and exceeded”.

I asked source if Ringo was expected to return to Texas. To which I was told, “he will be back in the near near near future”.

Again, I’m scheduled to speak with Ringo later this week so we’ll have more for you.

2 hours ago, Fud said:

We'll go big game hunting nationally at LB

Snow is not a DB, not at all.  He's closer to spinning down to a DE than he is to being a DB.  He's already outgrown the position and he's only a Jr...kid is thick (good thick, but thick).  His public outcry for being recruited as a DB only should tell you what's he's being told behind the scene.  Someone will take him as a DB for signing purposes, but he's a LB from Day 1 and possibly a future DE depending on how things go in the weight room.

Just now, texashorn13 said:

Snow is not a DB, not at all.  He's closer to spinning down to a DE than he is to being a DB.  He's already outgrown the position and he's only a Jr...kid is thick (good thick, but thick).  His public outcry for being recruited as a DB only should tell you what's he's being told behind the scene.  Someone will take him as a DB for signing purposes, but he's a LB from Day 1 and possibly a future DE depending on how things go in the weight room.

1 hour ago, texashorn13 said:

Agreed, but dumb.  Here's a challege...look at his HUDL film and see if you can find clips of him in coverage.

How is it dumb? Sell him on a chance to play DB, get him on campus, put 10-15 lbs on him, let him get burned a dozen or two times in practice, and then move him to LB.

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Poster whose info is treated with reverence  on orangbloods said a 2020 guy and then others chimed in that it was Ringo.

People still act like some OB posters have inside info? OB is terrible. That’s where my dad gets his info. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

But what this comment presupposes is...what if LotusHorn wasnt a worthless poster with no info and didnt have less program sources than Jason Higdon.

Then you could just as easily be talking about you or closetojumping.

Edited by HtownHorn