Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Just now, texifornia said:

They haven't been very interested in him. Us and OU have some variance in our DB boards.

Seems like the kind of thing that will backfire on them. Not sure they can afford to lose out on good defensive players, let alone ones that are legacies.

Just now, thepop said:

Seems like the kind of thing that will backfire on them. Not sure they can afford to lose out on good defensive players, let alone ones that are legacies.

They took Watts over Rogers. We'll see if that was the right decision (or not, because they still have to prove they can develop blue-chip defensive talent).

Suchomel

Tucson (AZ) Salpointe RB Bijan Robinson just checked in for the Five-Star Challenge. I'll have a full report when I have time to transcribe the interview but he said the Texas visit was fantastic. Loves the player development at UT and the education. He was accompanied by his grandparents and his mother, and he said they also liked the visit.

He has a top three of Texas, Ohio State and USC but said Ohio State and UT are slightly ahead of USC. May decide in late July, or may decide to wait this one out a bit and decide close to the middle of his senior season.

Texas did a good job on the visit, but my gut feel is that the Longhorns are a tad bit behind Ohio State.

2 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

Maybe not Texas recruiting but there's two other teams in this race.

Let's try this another way, Ferrell hates Texas as much if not more than Lucci. If Lucci had tweeted the same thing while attending a 7on7 event, would you put any stock in it? I'm 1000% sure that Ferrell would suck Barry Switzer's cock without hesitation. I'm not saying that tOSU doesn't lead - I'm just agreeing that anything that that fuckface says regarding Texas is likely built of hopes, dreams, and meth. 

Fuck OU.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

All recruiting battles involve multiple teams.

So he shouldn't be trusted with any school's recruiting, or just texas recruiting, which always involves other schools?

Hopefully the recent stuff with this guy, the guy who put in the CB, and now Suchomel is just drawing off of the Ransom connection, which seems to only be downplayed by Texas mods. 

Suchomel is probably the most conservative of the writers covering Texas, followed by Roach. Seems kind of strange for Roach to be so confident in Bijan going to Texas (when he's rarely confident about anything) and for Suchomel's "gut feeling" to be Ohio State.

Fluid situation and all that.

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Let's try this another way, Ferrell hates Texas as much if not more than Lucci. If Lucci had tweeted the same thing while attending a 7on7 event, would you put any stock in it? I'm 1000% sure that Ferrell would suck Barry Switzer's cock without hesitation. I'm not saying that tOSU doesn't lead - I'm just agreeing that anything that that fuckface says regarding Texas is likely built of hopes, dreams, and meth. 

Fuck OU.

Standing on its own, sure.

A new CB in for Bijan to OSU, + Suchomel saying he thinks OSU leads and maybe I don't completely doubt the fucker just because he's BlowU garbage. 

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Standing on its own, sure.

A new CB in for Bijan to OSU, + Suchomel saying he thinks OSU leads and maybe I don't completely doubt the fucker just because he's BlowU garbage. 

Suchomel works for Rivals. Mike Farrell works for Rivals. Where do you think Mike Farrell got his intel from?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sejjr said:

I get it with Urban, but who the fuck is Ryan Day and why is Ohio State not skipping a beat at all in recruiting? 

They're Ohio State, they've been a juggernaut that puts most of their starting lineup into the NFL for pretty much these kids' whole lives.

• Like 2

Just now, Machinator said:

Suchomel works for Rivals. Mike Farrell works for Rivals. Where do you think Mike Farrell got his intel from?

The same place I think guys like Lucci get their info from: other guys. So yah. he probably got it from Suchomel, which just gives me another reason I'm probably not going to completely discount Farrell here.

1 minute ago, Sejjr said:

I get it with Urban, but who the fuck is Ryan Day and why is Ohio State not skipping a beat at all in recruiting? 

because Buckeye players keep going into the NFL, early and often. 17 year olds are easier to sell on it than you and me. 

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, Suchomel interviewed Bijan, and came away thinking in his gut that Ohio State leads, and then told Farrell 

Suchomel said he'll be posting the interview later, so we'll see what exactly gave him that gut feeling

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Yeah, Suchomel interviewed Bijan, and came away thinking in his gut that Ohio State leads, and then told Farrell 

Suchomel said he'll be posting the interview later, so we'll see what exactly gave him that gut feeling

Maybe he found out that him and Ransom really are close. 

I'm not saying I buy it all and that I'm freaking out about it or anything, but it's just very interesting to me that this is all coming out directly following a weekend where he visited and we heard so much positive, and were hearing so much positive heading up to that weekend.

Usually it continues to trend positively directly following, when things are still good. 

Edited by UncleBuck

3 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

It would be MORE than strike three counting different classes.  Three misses just in this class alone.  

What I don't understand is why?  What is it about Drayton that he can't close on a target?