Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Anyone got the update on Broughton from Roach?

Roach :: 

I talked to Brian Perroni about the A&M visit, and he reported a lot of confidence in the Aggies. I expected this to some extent coming out of the visit. After each visit, there has been some sort of buzz around that school for Broughton. A&M has always been the biggest obstacle for Texas, but I’m told Vernon and his family will take some time to consider the options. We’ll see what happens when the buzz wears off. I think Texas could still come out with this one, but obviously it’s very close.

Hamm Lite ::

I am hearing a ton of buzz about A&M and Vernon Broughton after this past weekend. I had been close to putting one in before, but both Arkansas and Texas were doing their best to counter the Aggies' momentum. To be clear, this is not one of those deals where I have been told where he is going. But, I think it will be A&M when he announces sometime in the relatively near future.

For those who have actually visited is Columbus or Tuscaloosa a bigger shithole?

I’ve driven through Baton Rouge and College Station too many times to count unfortunately so I’ll count those as visits. Was at Pyle Field in ‘95 though. That was a nice visit 

1 minute ago, mr. sunshine said:

For those who have actually visited is Columbus or Tuscaloosa a bigger shithole?

I’ve driven through Baton Rouge and College Station too many times to count unfortunately so I’ll count those as visits. Was at Pyle Field in ‘95 though. That was a nice visit 

I’ve never been to Tuscaloosa, but College Station easily beats Columbus in the shithole category.

I don’t blame Giles because I know first hand how hard it is to go fishing in Austin.  I went down to the dock under Mopac on the north side and these huge butch Euro women in UT gear came and told me fishing was not authorized from the crew dock.  So I went over to the mouth of Barton Creek and on my first cast accidentally snagged a kayaker. I cut the line when he started to cuss and furiously row over to the bank.  thankfully by the time he got there I had disappeared out of the brush into Zilker.  Greenbelt, forget it.  And you get basically run over and swamped by ski boats and cigarette boats with drunk lawyers everywhere on LA and LT.  I don’t blame Broughton one bit because a man has to fish.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Neonmoon said:

I’ve never been to Tuscaloosa, but College Station easily beats Columbus in the shithole category.

Tuscaloosa is actually very pretty. Bodies of water, green trees and foliage. I was surprised by how nice it was there. Granted we didnt see ALL of tuscaloosa, but what I did see was nice. 

38 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

So you think Leal is so superior to Sweat as a prospect that it makes anyone who thinks the gap is not that great a retard?  I guess  Daylon Mack was vastly superior to Poona Ford as a prospect as well.   

Jesus Christ almighty. Make it stop. 

Super K preview on Bijan. Not definitive but doesn't give off the vibe that he's gone:

I was able to speak with the mother of 2020 RB, Bijan Robinson. We spoke for a good while and I was able to cover a lot of ground with respect to their thoughts on the USC, Ohio State and Texas visits and their plans moving forward.

I’ll have a full write up later but I want to give you a few highlights.

***My read here is that each school has a lot that they like but there is a particular strength of each school.

***For USC I think it’s proximity and the fact that Bijan’s aunt (his mother’s sister) lives in LA. Also, the fact that USC is Bijan’s childhood dream school. He grew up looking up to Reggie Bush as a player.

***With Ohio State it seems to be a bit of that glitz and glamour – the facilities and the championships.

***With Texas, it’s a number of things but perhaps the thing that really seems to be resonating with Bijan’s family is the culture that Herman has built. Specifically, they are looking for a group of men that will really continue to build on what Bijan’s family has done in developing him as a good, God-fearing young man. I think they see there are great men at each of the top three schools. But, it seems very clear that at Texas they felt that was most pronounced throughout the staff, supportive staff and really the program.

Again, more on this later.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

None of these jackasses know shit.

This right fucking here. Jesus H. Christ...we spend half of the posts on this forum lambasting the 9.95ers for their dipshittery, then react like it is some sort of scripture when a couple of "crystal balls" come in against Texas?

Fuck those clowns. They know nothing. You are all better than they are. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I was on the same flight as Bijon yesterday. Dude was all smiles wearing burnt orange proudly. If that kid isn't going to Texas, then I don't know much about football. Iow, he is going to Ohio State.

9.95 incoming.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I was on the same flight as Bijon yesterday. Dude was all smiles wearing burnt orange proudly. If that kid isn't going to Texas, then I don't know much about football. Iow, he is going to Ohio State.

oh fuck we are doomed

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

Ransom used a ssh emoji. He's a Texas lock, obviously.

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

None of these jackasses know shit.

This is the actual truth. They are all reporting that their schools are "right in it" or "lead but it will be really close." Remember, they are after clicks and next month's $9.95.

23 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

How much is $9.95 in coinbits 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

Roach :: 

Hamm Lite ::

it crowd GIF

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The most recent LotusHorn post about Broughton is a doozy.  He's saying Broughton's family doesn't like aggy/Fisher and the article that just came out only strengthened that stance.  In other words:  he gone.

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

fire oops GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Where do you have your crystal ball?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

I don’t blame Giles because I know first hand how hard it is to go fishing in Austin.  I went down to the dock under Mopac on the north side and these huge butch Euro women in UT gear came and told me fishing was not authorized from the crew dock.  So I went over to the mouth of Barton Creek and on my first cast accidentally snagged a kayaker. I cut the line when he started to cuss and furiously row over to the bank.  thankfully by the time he got there I had disappeared out of the brush into Zilker.  Greenbelt, forget it.  And you get basically run over and swamped by ski boats and cigarette boats with drunk lawyers everywhere on LA and LT.  I don’t blame Broughton one bit because a man has to fish.  

Imagine trying this hard and being this unfunny. Cringe.