Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Majors is an interesting prospect. He has great flexibility all the way through his lower body and uses that to explode through blocks with his hips instead of standing straight up. He’s got good not great feet. 

To me, the real question is his size. He’s listed at 6’4, 280 lbs. but he looks smaller than that. My guess is if the staff slowplays him some it’s because he’s smaller than listed, so he’s not quite as much of a priority and they think they can find higher ceiling guys as the process goes on.

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

He's basically Kasey Studdard as a recruit. Mean, hard-hitting, flexible, undersized as an OT. I'd take that guy in the interior and let him start for 3 years after being an underrated recruit.

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

are you sure that was consensual?  if not he may have to do some time in prison before getting to campus.  I wonder if herman would still take him. 

I like how he drug his nuts onto, rested them momentarily, and then drug them over the dudes head after the pancake 

54 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Why in the world does 247's website not allow you to search by high school name? And if it does, why can't you just click on the high school name on a player's profile?

It does let you search by HS name. The problem is there are many high schools with the same name, so you can't just click on  the name in the player profile.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It does let you search by HS name. The problem is there are many high schools with the same name, so you can't just click on  the name in the player profile.

That would actually be very easy and straightforward to code. Looks like every high school has an ID, so it should be pretty easy.

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Damn this weekend is shaping up big time. 

Anybody have a visitors list? 

Card

Hunter Dunn

Parr

Lindberg

Majors

Demas

Dorbah

Broughton (maybe)

LB Josh White

OLB Brennon Scott

Evans is not coming in (as of right now).

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

At what point does this weekend become Jr. Day #1?

I like the staff's aggression to push forward with the next cycle this year.

This visitor list is basically a who's who of our priority in-state targets aside from defensive backs and Evans (plus Collins and Princely, who were here last weekend).

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

This visitor list is basically a who's who of our priority in-state targets aside from defensive backs and Evans (plus Collins and Princely, who were here last weekend).

I like it, too. And I like that there wasn’t an announced “Junior Day” so other schools couldn’t plan a response. I love how subtly our staff collected many of our top targets who might be early Texas leans without much prior fanfare. Could be a huge weekend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chili dog said:

I like it, too. And I like that there wasn’t an announced “Junior Day” so other schools couldn’t plan a response. I love how subtly our staff collected many of our top targets who might be early Texas leans without much prior fanfare. Could be a huge weekend.

I think our actual Junior Day is in mid-February.

12 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

At what point does this weekend become Jr. Day #1?

Oh I think it pretty obviously is Junior Day #1 and it was an intentional tactical decision not to publicize it as such so Fisher would be left holding his dick in his hand instead of having time to develop his own countermove.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Oh I think it pretty obviously is Junior Day #1 and it was an intentional tactical decision not to publicize it as such so Fisher would be left holding his dick in his hand instead of having time to develop his own countermove.

Hopefully we’ve learned a lesson from the Leal disaster. 

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This makes the most sense

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

I thought TFB said Umanmielen was coming back again this weekend?  Wasn't Bryson Washington mentioned earlier in the week he was visiting and Chris Thompson is a good possibility?

Also, think 247 said Jaylen Garth is visiting.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I thought TFB said Umanmielen was coming back again this weekend?  Wasn't Bryson Washington mentioned earlier in the week he was visiting and Chris Thompson is a good possibility?

TFB posted a visitors list and didn't have any of those first three names on there as of right now.

Majors has really good feet and movement ability... the frame isn't that great.  It can be hard to tell on film, but the arms look on the short side.  I think he might have a hard time sticking outside.  If it's a small class, I understand the hesitation.  He might be a take, but I don't think it's a clear cut decision.  

3 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Majors has really good feet and movement ability... the frame isn't that great.  It can be hard to tell on film, but the arms look on the short side.  I think he might have a hard time sticking outside.  If it's a small class, I understand the hesitation.  He might be a take, but I don't think it's a clear cut decision.  

Yes, I also like his movement ability.

1 hour ago, RabidM said:

Could Majors be a Center?  Hopefully he attends an upcoming camp to see height/weight measurements.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Washington and Garth are in for this weekend, per TFB.

23 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Could Majors be a Center?  Hopefully he attends an upcoming camp to see height/weight measurements.

Majors and Parr could both be centers. Probably whichever one isn't would be the backup center while primarily being on the path to eventually play guard