Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Say what you will about coach Giles but first and foremost he is a a good solid Dline coach. This year he stepped up to the plate and recruited better then what we thought he could. Shit I'm sure he surprised himself. 

You do realize he can easily lose three of the four by signing day right?

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Say what you will about coach Giles but first and foremost he is a a good solid Dline coach. This year he stepped up to the plate and recruited better then what we thought he could. Shit I'm sure he surprised himself. 

that was carrington not giles......people seem to forget herman assigned carrington to help recruit giles targets........its not a coincidence why giles landed his targets this cycle

Edited by smakashart

1 minute ago, smakashart said:

that was carrington not giles......people seem to forget herman assigned carrington to help recruit giles targets........its not a coincidence why giles landed his targets this cycle

Just like every recruit that steps foot on the 40 Carrington plays a big role. If that were the case why not assign Carrington to all of the recruits with offers. Yes he helps out a ton but don't take anything away from Giles when he finally stepped up

Latest from 24/7 and Roach;

With the regular season over and the Longhorns waiting on a bowl bid, the Texas staff will hit the road to recruit. I’m told that the Longhorns will have a staff meeting on Sunday to organize their recruiting effort and hit the trail hard during the next few weeks.

As of now, the staff hasn’t really been told anything about their futures and will continue with business as usual until alerted otherwise. Expect the Texas staff to see their priority targets in order to lock guys down in the weeks leading up to signing day.

I would expect Stan Drayton to be dispatched to Tucson to meet with Bijan Robinson. The five-star back is probably tired of answering questions regarding his future, but he’s one of the most important commits in the class. There have been rumors regarding Robinson and USC, but sources I spoke with still feel good about where Robinson stands with the Longhorns.

I would expect Jason Washington to also head to Arizona at some point to see Kelee Ringo. As our Blair Angulo reported, Ringo was considering an official visit this weekend but needed to stay and practice for Saguaro’s state championship game. Ringo is still sending positive feedback to Texas, and I’ve been told the family is expressing an interest in making it to Texas before he makes his decision at the All-American Bowl. We’ll have more on this race in The Stampede.

I would expect Tim Beck to see every quarterback the Longhorns have committed. That would include Ja’Quinden Jackson who told Horns247 that he intends to sign in December and has no worries about his commitment to Texas.

I would also expect to see some new offers go out during the next few weeks. Defensive line is a likely spot for an offer with Texas commit Van Fillinger showing heavy interest in Utah. I could also see cornerback as a spot where Texas could make some new evaluations and offers.

10COMMENTS

Finally, I would expect the Texas coaches to show their face at as many games as possible. It would not be a surprise to see the staff represented at NRG Stadium next week for the 6A-D1 Region 3 final between North Shore and Atascocita, and I’d also expect to see them in Frisco where they will likely be able to take in a game between Duncanville and Southlake Carroll while also seeing Denton Ryan in the nightcap.

As Horns247 reported this week, there is a lot of belief that changes are coming, but for now, the staff is readying for the final recruiting push and will until they are told differently.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

With the regular season over and the Longhorns waiting on a bowl bid, the Texas staff will hit the road to recruit. I’m told that the Longhorns will have a staff meeting on Sunday to organize their recruiting effort and hit the trail hard during the next few weeks.

As of now, the staff hasn’t really been told anything about their futures and will continue with business as usual until alerted otherwise. Expect the Texas staff to see their priority targets in order to lock guys down in the weeks leading up to signing day.

I would expect Stan Drayton to be dispatched to Tucson to meet with Bijan Robinson. The five-star back is probably tired of answering questions regarding his future, but he’s one of the most important commits in the class. There have been rumors regarding Robinson and USC, but sources I spoke with still feel good about where Robinson stands with the Longhorns.

I would expect Jason Washington to also head to Arizona at some point to see Kelee Ringo. As our Blair Angulo reported, Ringo was considering an official visit this weekend but needed to stay and practice for Saguaro’s state championship game. Ringo is still sending positive feedback to Texas, and I’ve been told the family is expressing an interest in making it to Texas before he makes his decision at the All-American Bowl. We’ll have more on this race in The Stampede.

I would expect Tim Beck to see every quarterback the Longhorns have committed. That would include Ja’Quinden Jackson who told Horns247 that he intends to sign in December and has no worries about his commitment to Texas.

I would also expect to see some new offers go out during the next few weeks. Defensive line is a likely spot for an offer with Texas commit Van Fillinger showing heavy interest in Utah. I could also see cornerback as a spot where Texas could make some new evaluations and offers.

10COMMENTS

Finally, I would expect the Texas coaches to show their face at as many games as possible. It would not be a surprise to see the staff represented at NRG Stadium next week for the 6A-D1 Region 3 final between North Shore and Atascocita, and I’d also expect to see them in Frisco where they will likely be able to take in a game between Duncanville and Southlake Carroll while also seeing Denton Ryan in the nightcap.

As Horns247 reported this week, there is a lot of belief that changes are coming, but for now, the staff is readying for the final recruiting push and will until they are told differently.

Lots of "I would expect..." in here but not a lot of new info...

16 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

10COMMENTS

Don't leave me in suspense - what were the coolest motorcycles ever made?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Haven’t been around in a while. Would be fine with Herman getting axed, but pretty interested to hear what changes will be made. The usual 9.95ers and posters here that like to signal that they know what’s going on behind the scenes have been pretty silent in terms of specifics.

Which assistants stay if coordinators are changed?

Is Bijan an Adrian Peterson level prospect where his commit is worth keeping Drayton? I tend to think so. 

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Haven’t been around in a while. Would be fine with Herman getting axed, but pretty interested to hear what changes will be made. The usual 9.95ers and posters here that like to signal that they know what’s going on behind the scenes have been pretty silent in terms of specifics.

Which assistants stay if coordinators are changed?

Is Bijan an Adrian Peterson level prospect where his commit is worth keeping Drayton? I tend to think so. 

You're asking the wrong people.

We all have our individual speculations, but the reality is no one on here really knows why this Texas squad cratered like this towards the end of the season - or more specifically, which coaches are responsible. We've seen wildly inconsistent, up-and-down play from pretty much every personnel grouping, from DBs to O-linemen to LBs to even Sam. So the $9.95-ers don't know who's getting replaced/re-assigned, except for the coaches we already knew weren't much of a value-add before the season began (Warehime, Mehringer, Beck, etc.) Maybe others more in the know will chime in and repudiate everything I've just said, but that seems to be the current situation.

Edited by satyanash
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We all have our individual speculations, but the reality is no one on here really knows why this Texas squad cratered like this towards the end of the season - or more specifically, which coaches are responsible. We've seen wildly inconsistent, up-and-down play from pretty much every personnel grouping, from DBs to O-linemen to LBs to even Sam. So the $9.95-ers don't know who's getting replaced/re-assigned, except for the coaches we already knew weren't much of a value-add before the season began (Warehime, Mehringer, Beck, etc.) Maybe others more in the know will chime in and repudiate everything I've just said, but that seems to be the current situation.

I hear you, but usually there’s a rush by people to act like they’re in the loop. Like with the Hutto commit when he popped out of nowhere. The silence is deafening. 

We'll land a great class, but what does it matter if we still have the same shit coaches? I feel better about the running game and o-line, but the defense worries me with Washington and Orlan_o. God I hope we can Washington, even if he does land Ringo. Meh has to go. He's a cancer. Same with Warehime. I don't know about Naviar, other than all of our safeties have been injured. I'm not sure wtf Meekins does, so he's expendable. 

7 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

One question I have with our current commits is where will Hullaby play? Kid killed it this year 

he’ll bulk up to 235 and play a fullback/h-back role and lead block for bijan and catch passes out of the backfield and will sometimes motion to the LOS.  once the OL improves and we have capable play from hullaby, liebrock, and wiley, this offense will be an unstoppable rebel force that will devour the organs of our opponents.  with JQJ at qb this is a playoff team in 2021.

Just now, futureman said:

he’ll bulk up to 235 and play a fullback/h-back role and lead block for bijan and catch passes out of the backfield and will sometimes motion to the LOS.  once the OL improves and we have capable play from hullaby, liebrock, and wiley, this offense will be an unstoppable rebel force that will devour the organs of our opponents.  with JQJ at qb this is a playoff team in 2021.

So no faith in card?

1 hour ago, futureman said:

This but unironically 

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

futureman has taken over the board guru role. This is the darkest timeline.

I’ve always been ahead of the curve with my evaluations.  I told everyone preston stone was trash before he was trash.  I was in on karic before anyone else.  the list goes on.  I should be charging y’all for my posts.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’ve always been ahead of the curve with my evaluations.  I told everyone preston stone was trash before he was trash.  I was in on karic before anyone else.  the list goes on.  I should be charging y’all for my posts.  

How much do we owe you for " we win out"?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, satyanash said:

I know exactly why this team cratered. It’s because Tom Herman is a faget and sucks at his job. Coaching sucks and players don’t like their coaches. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

We may lose filinger but this is one area where we recruited well. Broughton is gonna be a monster. We may still land alfred Collins 

We have 2 commits on the DL. Broughton’s no lock to sign and Fillinger is likely flipping to Utah, while Collins has Baylor ahead of us. 
How exactly have we recruited well on the DL?