Texas O-line talk

Coach pop a bitch

Some interesting PFF grades in here. Majors and Angilau graded out well overall and Kerstetter did as a pass blocker. Karic was bottom 5 of all offensive grades. Jones doesn’t show up anywhere in the top or bottom 5 of any category they list (it’s not just for OL)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/texas-report-card-pff-grades-164822770.html

…..never mind…..think that was season to date….

It’ll be interesting to see how these changes go. Kerstetter is a premier pass blocking right tackle. Otherwise we’re not totally sure on him. Angilau has had some dominating run blocks. Majors messed his drawers versus the Pigs but has cleaned it up since. We’re quicker but less powerful.

What I’ve found curious is the seemingly lack of the TEs helping in pass blocking. I don’t think Bijan is particularly good here either.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:41 PM, Bobby_Batronic said:

One might surmise that a defense that is weak up the middle and is defending the perimeter would be susceptible up the the middle. That the threat of our outside attack helped set the table for success inside. Unless you’re that guy. In which case you’d feature IZ, never establish the ability to reach the edge and beat your head against the middle of a defense who’s expecting you to beat your head against the middle of the defense. 

What a weird pissing match to have after a game where our run game strongly featured Split Zone and GY Counter.

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I didn't see the post from him, but a poster on 247 said Jeff Howe posted Tyler Johnson didn't even travel with the team to Fort Worth.

It is true.  Tyler Johnson did not travel.  I'd have to double check, but I do not think he traveled to Arkansas either.

Can't figure out a pass rush for shit. Years of this. I hate it. They just look like doofuses double teaming the wrong guy and swiveling their head to shout Ole' at their assignment racing towards our QB.

Thompson has to save his own ass just about everytime it's not play action. 

Sick of it.

Still, we're doing quite well score wise at halftime.

Can't figure out a pass rush for shit. Years of this. I hate it. They just look like doofuses double teaming the wrong guy and swiveling their head to shout Ole' at their assignment racing towards our QB.
Thompson has to save his own ass just about everytime it's not play action. 
Sick of it.
Still, we're doing quite well score wise at halftime.

It’s crazy. Doesn’t matter the players or coaches it seems.

8 minutes ago, sportsbay said:

#70 is a POS.  If I didn't know better, I would have thought the fix was in on this game and this guy was being paid to lay down and take it over and over.

I'm assuming you didn't see #69 out there today. Jones(#70) is an easy target but he played good enough today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Not a good game from Karic so far guess that is why he wasn't seeing the field. Jones name hasn't been called much outside of the false start so I guess that is a good thing.

Wasn't Bonnito abusing him? I think I heard Bonnito's name called every 2-3 mins. He just absolutely worked Jones, I believe. Probably Kerstteter, too, but for sure Jones many times. 

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Wasn't Bonnito abusing him? I think I heard Bonnito's name called every 2-3 mins. He just absolutely worked Jones, I believe. Probably Kerstteter, too, but for sure Jones many times. 

Jones was our best olineman today, the right side was high school level

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Gotcha. I could have sworn it was the left side, but you probably looked harder than I did. I'm gonna have nightmares hearing Bonnito's name 

Casey wasn't getting pressured from the blind side, it was up the middle and the right side

• Like 2

I don't know how to judge the coaching of the OL in the first year. It mainly looks like we had disastrous evaluation prior to offering. With even a nearly mediocre line we might have won this game.

Honest question not seeking easy answer: Is there a single guy on our OL who is even good?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't know how to judge the coaching of the OL in the first year. It mainly looks like we had disastrous evaluation prior to offering. With even a nearly mediocre line we might have won this game.

Honest question not seeking easy answer: Is there a single guy on our OL who is even good?

no, there's not

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Dude, if there's ever a poster boy for useless at their job it's Herb Hand. I mean Jesus Christ. 

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They were all pretty bad, but the right side was worse.  There were some plays where it was a race to see which end would clobber Thompson first, and Karic’s guy barely beat Jones’s guy to the punch.   And our interior continues to bust protections if you give them even a minimal distraction to look at while the defensive lineman right in front of them just runs unabated into the backfield.

as horrible as they are Thompson's got to take off when the opportunity is there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

All I hope is that today taught Sark that offensive line has to become a major priority in recruiting now and going forward. The talent pool is shit right now and they need a quick fix. If they have to hit the portal this winter then fucking do it.

he came from Bama, you think he doesn't know our oline is shit?