Non-Texas Recruiting 2021

angelos's frog

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Pretty funny when guys like Poona Ford and Byron Murphy fuck shit up at different levels and that like 5'9" cube on Coastal Carolina was so good.

As has been mentioned before, height isn't the issue. In fact, it can be a negative. Height serves as a surrogate for arm length, which is important. I think Poona is the model, short but with disproportionately long arms.

For Georgia to face anything real, they had to have really fucked something up somewhere. It's plausible. They haven't been nearly as thorough in their work as the competition, but I'm still a skeptic that anything real is going to cause a significant punishment from the NCAA.

I have to wonder what the OL was asking for from these schools. Was he funneling money to an arms deal or a human trafficking ring? Since when is anyone in the SEC giving a shit about a recruiting battle? It has to be a crazy story.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

For Georgia to face anything real, they had to have really fucked something up somewhere. It's plausible. They haven't been nearly as thorough in their work as the competition, but I'm still a skeptic that anything real is going to cause a significant punishment from the NCAA.

I have to wonder what the OL was asking for from these schools. Was he funneling money to an arms deal or a human trafficking ring? Since when is anyone in the SEC giving a shit about a recruiting battle? It has to be a crazy story.

You don't think the self imposed bowl ban from LSU in an abbreviated season they finished at .500 was harsh?  Georgia could probably retroactively give up their bowl trophy or put an asterisk next to their season for all to see.  I always imagine SEC university towns populated entirely by families of athletes they gave jobs to through the years.  

Edited by Mdhorn

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Ty Marsh to Hawaii.

While obviously cool to go to Hawaii, I'm amazed they're able to recruit to a team without a stadium.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/01/11/uh-play-home-games-campus-following-aloha-stadium-fallout/

https://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2021/1/11/uh-athletics-prepares-to-play-football-on-campus-in-2021.aspx