Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

5 minutes ago, Rabidhorn said:

Bears and LA are the top of the pack.

Packers and Saints hope their older QB's can hang on.

Caro and Philly have will our QB be as good as he way questions.

Dallas has can Dak be elite and will Zeke break down questions.

No way I'd have the bears in top 2. Way too much unknown for the QB and offense. 

• Like 2

Motherfucking Jerry is playing Chess...

Jesus that dude makes money out of everything.

17 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Anything over $10 mil a year cap hit for a traditional running back is insane. 

This deal and the others will put them in a position to either let most of their top 10 defense walk or gut their OL with cuts off Tyron, Frederick, and Martin over the next two off-seasons. I'd rather keep the defense, keep the OL, and let Zeke sit/walk and RT Collins walk. 

There's no way to spin these last two contracts as anything but stupid. Keep trying though, it's worth a laugh. 

Jesus dude, you still don't get it. None of that is true now, and won't be true then. As always, they'll get to keep the guys they want, and think are worth keeping.  At the VERY worst they'll lose guys off the 2nd team/backups. So instead of have 4 NFL quality LB's and 9 quality DLinemne...they'll have 3 and 7 respectively.

The cap is NOT this mystical thing that keeps any team from doing the things they want.  Look at the Rams and Eagles.  They've spent every bit as much, actually it's probably more, the last few years than Dallas and not ONE single person is saying they're screwed in a few years.  It's a big deal to idiotic Cowboys fans because Dallas is a topic on every talk show on TV and you keep hearing that they can't afford everyone.

That's true...they can't.  But they couldn't afford EVERYONE even if Dak was making 15 mil and Zeke was making 5.  It's all about when they deals are do, how much they have to pay out, and when they can get out from the contract. 

Not one deal they've done, and I'll go ahead and assume none they will do soon, is going to hurt them financially in any way.  They will not lose all the defense.

And for the record, this Zeke was an ABSOLUTE WIN for both Dallas and Zeke.  When Zeke is all dried up, they can cut him and not get hurt at all, and he gets paid the money he wants early.  The only one trying to spin shit is you.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Drew said:

They've spent every bit as much, actually it's probably more, the last few years than Dallas and not ONE single person is saying they're screwed in a few years.

they have franchise quarterbacks, though.  we’re about to be in the same financial position snapping the ball to a fullback every play. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, futureman said:

they have franchise quarterbacks, though.  we’re about to be in the same financial position snapping the ball to a fullback every play. 

Wentz is a franchise QB? Since when? Let me know when he actually accomplishes anything besides all the excuses he gets and the what ifs.

Edited by Vic Mackey

Wentz is a franchise QB? Since when? Let me know when he actually accomplishes anything besides all the excuses he gets and the what ifs.

Cmon Vic. It’s a bit. Don’t let him rile you up. He’s kinda funny now. M

Besides getting you going is my job

16 hours ago, Drew said:

All Proceeds go to the Salvation Army.  So not only is it great publicity for them, it's actually going to a good cause.

Leave it to Jerry(probably more his wife)

Or Charlotte.  I think she's in charge of merchandising.  Either way...genius.  Monetize everything and these sucker fans will eat it up.

Aaaaaand I just ordered one.

giphy.gif

Cmon Vic. It’s a bit. Don’t let him rile you up. He’s kinda funny now. M

Besides getting you going is my job
I'm not really riled up. Because this is the consensus around the league that Wentz is some god and one of the best. He's played 3 seasons and had a real good stretch his second year. First year he led his team to last place and his third season he had his team trending towards the bottom until Foles came in and saved the season. He's yet to take one snap in the playoffs. It's nothing but what ifs for him

Also, and I'm getting this out of the way now...Please, please, please can we ALL understand that Zeke is notorious for starting slow.  Go look at his first 2 games of each season of his entire career...very pedestrian.

After that he turns into a stud.

But we all know how this will go...he'll get 55 rushing yards on Sunday, maybe even a fumble, and all we'll think/see is "Cabo" or "he should have been in camp" crap.  When in actuality it's just routine for him.  He starts slow, or the OL doesn't block as well to start the season.

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Also, and I'm getting this out of the way now...Please, please, please can we ALL understand that Zeke is notorious for starting slow.  Go look at his first 2 games of each season of his entire career...very pedestrian.

But we all know how this will go...he'll get 55 rushing yards on Sunday, maybe even a fumble, and all we'll think/see is "Cabo" or "he should have been in camp" crap.  When in actuality it's just routine for him.  He starts slow, or the OL doesn't block as well to start the season.

Yep Bob Sturm went over Zeke's slow starts over his first 3 years. He averages mid 60s yards for his first 2 games so far in his career.

19 minutes ago, Drew said:

It's still funny this guy keeps fishing and getting bites.

I can’t talk, but this is especially rich coming from you, considering you’ve taken the bait more than anyone combined. At least in terms of how often you post in this thread compared to how often you’re replying directly to his troll posts 

Don't know if you've paid attention but I've not been on the board as much as I used to. And yes, a couple months ago Futureman got me too...but that was before I realized his game(that he'll still deny), but by this point EVERYONE should see it.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Lulz. What lengths will a moron go to for justification of the team destroying contract they just gave an immature dumbass who couldn't even be counted on to be ready for the season BEFORE he got paid? I see another post deal Dez situation coming. 

Enjoy watching them force feed this inefficient idiot to a bottom 1/3 offense again. Who knows, maybe he'll blow an ACL and they might have a chance to be a legit 2019 offense. 

20 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Lulz. What lengths will a moron go to for justification of the team destroying contract they just gave an immature dumbass who couldn't even be counted on to be ready for the season BEFORE he got paid? I see another post deal Dez situation coming. 

Enjoy watching them force feed this inefficient idiot to a bottom 1/3 offense again. Who knows, maybe he'll blow an ACL and they might have a chance to be a legit 2019 offense. 

Did you actually read my post? It was nothing to do with his contract, or if it was justified or not.

It was PURELY about the inevitable bitching when he starts slow this season, as he does EVERY season, even if he's in camp.

You can keep that contract shit to yourself.  You still can't see how this contract has NO bearing on anything at all, and by the time it COULD hurt them, they can get out from under it.

But please, continue your idiotic trolling, despite not having 1 iota of knowledge about team building, the cap, or cap space.

I sacrifice all of vic's fat whores at the alter of Kellen Moore. Finally an efficient offense that isn't predicably force feeding Zeke all year. Using the rb as a change up to keep defenses honest like it should be. 

The tape on him will force him to adjust to change his tendencies but I have a lot more confidence now he'll find a way. 

Edited by Junior Miller

44 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I sacrifice all of vic's fat whores at the alter of Kellen Moore. Finally an efficient offense that isn't predicably force feeding Zeke all year. Using the rb as a change up to keep defenses honest like it should be. 

The tape on him will force him to adjust to change his tendencies but I have a lot more confidence now he'll find a way. 

no question. This offense have weapons all over the field for the first time in a long time. Obligatory "If Cobb can stay healthy" but this wr core is as good as it's been in a really long time. Kellen Moore is going to be a godsend for this team. 

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

no question. This offense have weapons all over the field for the first time in a long time. Obligatory "If Cobb can stay healthy" but this wr core is as good as it's been in a really long time. Kellen Moore is going to be a godsend for this team. 

When I saw Dak unleash a 40 yd throw downfield to the fullback I shed a tear of joy. 

The kid is willing to call anything.