Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

19 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Morris Claiborne was my biggest disappointment. Not that he was a worse player than Taco but traded up high in the 1st round to get him and he had a lot of injuries and inconsistent play. Thought he would be a stud.

Hope Ramsey doesn't go to Philly. He's a bit of a diva but the Jaguars are also a mess right now.

I never understood why people thought Claiborne would be a stud.  He wasn't extraordinarily athletic and he didn't have great size or other attributes that even called for him to be the first DB taken.  He just happened to have a college teammate who graduated a year before him who had all those above attributes.  

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

Just curious for those of you who bet nfl...there is no way you are giving the points and taking Dallas, right? Certainly I would think after being up 17 the red headed dumbass would pull starters.

It’s interesting because they have the over/under point total at 47. IMO that’s a high over under if you’re going to have the cowboys as 23 point favorites. I don’t see any possible scenario where the dolphins score more than 17 points. Knock on wood, but I feel like that’s best case scenario for them, even if we pull our starters. I feel like a more likely scenario is they score 10. If they score 10, we’re covering that shit. 17, and it’s getting pretty dicey and we might not cover. I’m debating this right now, before the line inevitably gets bumped to -24

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I couldn’t possibly care less if they cover or not. Get out of this weekend with a W and healthy. I don’t care if it’s by 1 or 100 points.

Ok mr. “I’m not a reckless, degenerate gambler, and I can look at any game and not immediately notice what the line is, and how I can benefit”

good for you, man lol. What’s your secret? Because I have a problem.  99% of me says just enjoy this weekend, but the vocal 1% is like “hammer the under because josh Rosen ain’t doing shit in this game. Stop being a pussy”

Ok mr. “I’m not a reckless, degenerate gambler, and I can look at any game and not immediately notice what the line is, and how I can benefit”
good for you, man lol. What’s your secret? Because I have a problem.  99% of me says just enjoy this weekend, but the vocal 1% is like “hammer the under because josh Rosen ain’t doing shit in this game. Stop being a pussy”

Well, since you put it that way....if I were a betting man, there is no way I would touch that line. If I just had to put a little something on it though, I would take the Cowboys. I think they are that good and the Dolphins are that bad. Both of those huge losses for Miami were at home.

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I wouldn't bet this one at all but if you have to I'd bet Miami beats the spread. Jason Garrett teams aren't beating anyone by 21+ points. If they get a big lead they'll run it out like they did against NY and Washington and the disinterested/vanilla defense will give up a late score like those games too. 

I think it's more important to give backups some playing time and let the starters rest (and get/stay healthy).

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

On 9/19/2019 at 8:58 AM, Get ln My Van said:

This game on Sunday is a classic game that the Cowboys would lose in years past.

With Kellen now running the offense I’m more confident but it’s still ultimately a Garrett lead team and the Dolphins make it closer than it should be.

Cowboys 20 - Dolphins 17

Welp

Great start, although against probably one of the only first 3 game opponents being 0-9 in NFL history. Giants are getting whipped and Washington and underdog tomorrow. Only other team that can rival that is Patriots if Steelers lose to niners. 

They've done everything they've had to do but we have to see better teams and better defenses before saying much of anything really. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Also, overrated and front running Wentz has led his team to a 1-2 start. Another un clutch performance when they needed a score. Comes up short as usual. But I am sure the Wentz apologists will have some excuses lined up for him. Lulz. Fuck the Eagles and fuck Wentz.

His top 2 WRs are out, but he had multiple opportunities to win that game and he didn’t get it done. I’ll give you that. He has more talent than just about any qb I’ve seen, but he isn’t exactly clutch. 

His top 2 WRs are out, but he had multiple opportunities to win that game and he didn’t get it done. I’ll give you that. He has more talent than just about any qb I’ve seen, but he isn’t exactly clutch. 

Really? More talent than any QB you’ve seen? He’s good, but you should tap the breaks a little.

Today is looking like best case scenario. No injuries, eagles lost, and the saints are beating the dog shit out of the Seahawks. A lot of fluke shit has happened, but I think it’s good that the team can watch this game, and hopefully not underestimate them because they don’t have Brees. That’s the only way we lose next week. If we take them seriously, we should run through this team.

17 minutes ago, Hate said:

Really? More talent than any QB you’ve seen? He’s good, but you should tap the breaks a little.

Him and mahomes have as much raw talent as any qb I’ve seen. That isn’t exactly a hot take. Wentz has his flaws, and i don’t think he’s a top 5 qb or anything, but his arm is A+, he’s accurate, and he’s pretty mobile when he’s not on crutches. That’s all I’m saying. 

Fuck the eagles, by the way. They almost stole that game today. We are so much better than them, it isn’t even funny. I know they have injuries and that’s the narrative that sports media will run with, but they just aren’t that good. They have no running game, and their offensive line that was suppose to rival ours for the best in the league is getting wentz hit pretty consistently. When wentz looked like an MVP, they had no expectations, they had a dominant running game, a dominant oline, and a dominant defense. Right now, they have none of those, and they were expected by some to represent the nfc in the superbowl. Wentz ain’t carrying that team 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Great start, although against probably one of the only first 3 game opponents being 0-9 in NFL history. Giants are getting whipped and Washington and underdog tomorrow. Only other team that can rival that is Patriots if Steelers lose to niners. 
They've done everything they've had to do but we have to see better teams and better defenses before saying much of anything really. 

Let’s see what happens with the Steelers this afternoon. The Pats could equal that 0-9 opponents mark.

Ok forget that 0-9 thing, looks like Jones could be the real fucking deal for the Giants. Not surprising their offense exploded with points once their "star" running back goes out and the OC is forced to put the game in the QB's hands. Just another in a long line of examples of why running backs in the modern game are the least valuable commodity and easily replaced. 

13 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Starting to come around on my thinking with Wentz and Dak. And Goff and Dak for that matter. We will see how the season plays out but I’ve always wanted Dak to do well and thrilled he’s progressing. He looks like a legit pro bowler. 

Coaching, man. We need to find a way to lock up Kellen Moore. Seems like it might not be realistic though. Moore will be a HC within the next couple years 

Watching several halftime/post game shows today, the narrative on the eagles is that wentz has made the throws the last 2 weeks but his wrs have dropped them. But look out when they get healthy. 

Same people say Dak needs good players around him to be successful so he’s not that good.

The hypocrisy is just so blatant.
  • Like 1

Fuck the Eagles. We have a two game lead. Try to come and catch us, bitches. 

I approve of this message. Worst fanbase of any sport in the US and the the worst major city in the US when combining the infrastructure and rudeness of population.

And to think as a child I rooted for the Sixers before the Mavs came along because of Doctor J

Giants might actually have a competent QB the next time we play them. I'm going to miss the herpy derpy Eli. 

I wonder if he stays as a backup the rest of his career (however long that is) or does he want to go finish his career somewhere as a starter. Although I am not sure which team would want him a starter.