Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

17 minutes ago, Hate said:

The Saints got doubled up in yards by the Seahawks and scored 2 of their TD’s through special teams and defense. By every measure, Seattle should have won that game. The Cowboys should handle the Saints without too many issues, but weird things always happen in NO.

I’m fully expecting Sean Payton to throw the kitchen sink at us. They didn’t need to against Seattle. Nothing would surprise me in this game. Hell, if we lose it wouldn’t surprise me. 

2 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I thought the MLB granted White some sort of exemption that would allow him to join the Yankees and pitch in the World Series.

No, he has a contract with the NFL to start the Super Bowl for Tom Brady, since he will bring more ratings as a super duper star.

• Like 1

So I’m glad it looks like Dallas is just as potent passing as they are running the ball.

To beat the Packers all they have to do is run it right at them for most the game.

To beat the Eagles all they have to do is run some routes...their DBs are garbage.

Eagles have some of the worst DBs I've seen in the NFL this season.

Just wait for their inevitable trade for Jaylon Ramsey and how they’re hailed as the bestest front office and deepest roster, again...while the Cowboys actually just win games and beat them.

LULZ already seeing he talking heads talking not just about how the eagles saved their season, but now they’re “Back” and now they looks like the best team in the NFC.

It’s like the media is so biased by their preseason picks and are just begging for the eagles to prove them right.

Also they say now the Cowboys have 2 losable games back to back(they do but I’m suspecting they think the boys go 0-2) when I was watching that game and thinking neither defense is going to put up much fight against Dallas.

I don't know why you keep harping on the eagles. They're a good team who is two drops from being 4-0. Cowboys are a good team who could be 4-0 after Sunday but have played 3 of the 4 worst teams in the sport so far.  Either team is capable of sweeping the season series and winning the division at this point. Everything else is just noise

50 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I don't know why you keep harping on the eagles. They're a good team who is two drops from being 4-0. Cowboys are a good team who could be 4-0 after Sunday but have played 3 of the 4 worst teams in the sport so far.  Either team is capable of sweeping the season series and winning the division at this point. Everything else is just noise

Eagles defense is not good at all. If they don't make a trade I expect them to win 9 or 10 games this season.

The Thursday game really only made me think wow the Packers run defense might be legit terrible.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Several teams can say they're 2 drops or a play here or a play there from being 3-0/4-0...including the Packers.

I'm just sick and tired of the Eagles.  They haven't looked all that great since their SB, particularly with Wentz at QB...but yet the slightest sign of life from them and they're the damned favorites again.

46 minutes ago, Drew said:

Several teams can say they're 2 drops or a play here or a play there from being 3-0/4-0...including the Packers.

I'm just sick and tired of the Eagles.  They haven't looked all that great since their SB, particularly with Wentz at QB...but yet the slightest sign of life from them and they're the damned favorites again.

The great thing about the NFL is that media opinion and narrative doesn’t matter. There are no polls. No high school recruiting. No reason to run up the score on directionals (OU). No heisman trophy. No me importa. 

Who gives a shit what the Fox NFL Sunday round table of jerkwads thinks? Just stack wins and let balls hang out. They can call Wentz better than Brady- I don’t care as long as he’s 2nd place in division. 

I know I’m preaching to choir.

• Like 2

I can comfortably say that New Orleans’ offense is fucked moving forward.  They threw everything at Dallas and there’s gonna be a blue print on how to stop them after tonight.  Their D is legit as hell though

Bullshit, their D is not legit. They were giving up 27 PPG and Seattle had over 500 yards against them last week. We had a shitty game plan and excuted that shitty game plan poorly.

• Like 2

Had a feeling this was coming. Moore needs to learn how to attack on the road better. The plan was too conservative and almost a carbon copy of the Garrett/Linehan Dak years. That said the offensive line outside Collins got worked and the receivers were trash so other than get more motion to identify coverage and scheme some more pick routes to try to isolate when facing man the offense didn't play well enough to let Moore get more creative. 

Zeke is a fucking waste. No burst at all, doesn't get away from anyone and gets brought down after first contact. Should have seen more Pollard, the one time they did what I was clamoring for all preseason Pollard drew a PI on the linebacker that he was blowing past. Never went back to him. He has the versatility and burst Zeke doesn't have. 

Good to see Jaylon moving better. He looked like a fucking slug the first 3 weeks. The linebackers were playing much faster and more accurately. 

Back to the drawing board. Turned out playing 3 of the 4 worst teams in the sport in the first 3 games really did mean something. Moore needs to learn how to scheme his players into advantages when they're being matched up and having trouble. Needs to learn to be aggressive on the road. Have to hope Dak just twisted Tyron's ankle and it isn't more than that. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Brees is better than dak, teddy is better than rush. So when you try to flip the scenario, the qb gap is exacerbated in addition to the coaching gap present. 

teddy is better than dak, too.  so you were absolutely right, pato, it’s not coaching at all, it’s our fucking overrated shitass quarterback.  brees or teddy beats whoever we have starting.  whether it’s dak or rush isn’t much of a difference. 

Last night set the "Kellen Moore will be a HC in the NFL" talk back multiple seasons. Dallas could not run to set up the pass, they could not pass to set up the run. There were no downfield shots or big plays. It was a miserable gameplan with even worse execution. 

Here's my tip of the day for the Dallas offensive braintrust…..When you can't run the ball effectively, continuing to dial up play action passes doesn't work. 

How about pitchouts, swing passes, power sweeps, screen passes, pump fakes? When your vanilla bullshit isn't working, how about slipping a fullback into the mix?

What we saw last night was a game plan put together by a computer program. No creativity whatsoever. No halftime adjustments.

It seems to me it is the job of the head coach to look at the game plan and recognize shit like this. Garrett is a pretender. Kellen Moore is an amateur. This team has plenty of talent, they just have no direction. Jason Garrett remains a shitty coach.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

8 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Well, to be fair to Garrett:

1) Bridgewater is the best non Minshew backup in the league and NO invested a ton of money in a backup because their starter graduated school in the 90s. 

2) The NO offense only set up 4 fgs. The cowboys offense lost the game, the NO offense and Payton didn't exactly win it. 

I think the Cowboys offense set up one of New Orleans' field goals.

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

is this true?  man, I had no idea.  I really am so sorry.  I won’t bag on dak again. 

Wait, where can I find this chicken sando talk? I’m curious what the “Mike White of chicken sandwiches” is to you. Im guessing it’s Wendy’s.   

Also- this loss is just a loss. On the road, where we played poorly, coached worse, and would have won if not for OPI. Shit like this happens the NFL and while it might eventually have some impact on home field- I honestly think it will be a non-factor at end of season. Don’t care about going 4-0 at beginning of season as long as we go 4-0 at the end. 

Aaron Rodgers ass has some pissed off Hotboys coming for him. 

• Like 1

I think Bayless said Moore was calling plays "not to lose."

You don't call a conservative game plan hoping to keep it close, planning to win it with a fourth quarter surge. That is exactly what it looked like they were doing. As Treefiddy said, shit goes wrong, bad penalties get called. Even good players can fumble the ball. You gotta go for the throat every fucking series. Why the hell isn't Carrottop looking at the play stats at half time? The ones sited above were more than enough to convince anybody that the game plan totally sucked.

Last year, in the playoffs, there were several times when Dak needed to keep the ball and take off. Even though Moore was only QB Coach last year, I have never understood why our now "genius" OC didn't pull him aside and say,  "Call your own number in some of these critical situations." This is the same mediocre crap that has haunted the Cowboys since Garrett arrived on the scene.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I think Bayless said Moore was calling plays "not to lose."

You don't call a conservative game plan hoping to keep it close, planning to win it with a fourth quarter surge. That is exactly what it looked like they were doing. As Treefiddy said, shit goes wrong, bad penalties get called. Even good players can fumble the ball. You gotta go for the throat every fucking series. Why the hell isn't Carrottop looking at the play stats at half time? The ones sited above were more than enough to convince anybody that the game plan totally sucked.

Last year, in the playoffs, there were several times when Dak needed to keep the ball and take off. Even though Moore was only QB Coach last year, I have never understood why our now "genius" OC didn't pull him aside and say,  "Call your own number in some of these critical situations." This is the same mediocre crap that has haunted the Cowboys since Garrett arrived on the scene.

spacer.png

Players puckering up as their HC and his assistants do.  It's contagious.  You couldn't get a greased BB up "clappys" ass in big games.  At some point this team has to realize this and make plays on their own.  We've seen what the former gets you.  

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

garrett's fingerprints were all over this offensive gameplan.  

When my son was entering Middle school in Frisco, there was a summit/meeting @ The Star with Garrett, Jerry's daughter, and a bunch of other local coaches and doctors.  They were advocating for school football.

JFC this was supposed to be a fun, loose experience for the parents and kids to tour the facilities and "Meet Cowboys coach"!  He resorted back to the same monotone, platitude-riddled nonsense you hear at every press release.  This is just who he is.  I'm convinced now more than ever before.

Teams have been blitzing Cowboy offenses for years, and Garrett seems totally at a loss for what to do about it.

Third and two. How bout no backs in the backfield. That totally takes away about 80% of your options. You can't trap the linebackers inside with a quick pitch or sweep. Dak can't fake a handoff and take off or or roll out. The possibility of using deception to freeze the defense goes out the window. So, what's the plan? You don't have time to throw deep, so your only option is to pick one or two receivers and throw them a three yard pass, and god knows they won't be covered. And God knows they won't drop the fucking ball, or it won't get tipped, then intercepted.

What Jones ought to do is fire Garrett today and bring a real head coach out of retirement for one year, or goddamn hire Troy Aikman as HC. Anybody but Garrett.

our first offensive drive of the game i forget which down NO showed blitz and dak audibled out of the original play.  but then NO checked out of their blitz and completely stuffed our play.  i think two things happened there-  1.) payton saw he could manipulate dak/garrett/kellen into doing what he wanted (notice how several times throughout the game the exact same thing happened) and 2.)  garrett decided to stay conservative going forward.

I went back and watched several offensive snaps and I'm close to being convinced this was a Garrett takeover on play calling. It was almost 100 percent complete reversion to the previous stale offense. No or little motion. Virtually no play action. A ton of first down runs right into the teeth of the defense. A lot of predicably easy to cover come back and stop routes. 

None of the pick routes and motion we saw from the first 3 games. I previously thought Moore was going to turtle a bit because it's his first big road game and big environment but I think now I was wrong and it was most likely a Garrett take over. None of that showed any of what Moore has been about, and after the success of the first three weeks why would he change it now to exactly the stale garbage as before by himself? 

This was Garrett thinking they have Zeke back there and have to grind it out. Garrett is the virus that keeps the team from reaching their potential any time he interferes with the actual game day coaching of the team. 

6 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I went back and watched several offensive snaps and I'm close to being convinced this was a Garrett takeover on play calling. It was almost 100 percent complete reversion to the previous stale offense. No or little motion. Virtually no play action. A ton of first down runs right into the teeth of the defense. A lot of predicably easy to cover come back and stop routes. 

None of the pick routes and motion we saw from the first 3 games. I previously thought Moore was going to turtle a bit because it's his first big road game and big environment but I think now I was wrong and it was most likely a Garrett take over. None of that showed any of what Moore has been about, and after the success of the first three weeks why would he change it now to exactly the stale garbage as before by himself? 

This was Garrett thinking they have Zeke back there and have to grind it out. Garrett is the virus that keeps the team from reaching their potential any time he interferes with the actual game day coaching of the team. 

It sounded like it on his morning interview on 105.3 as well.