Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Riley doesn’t want to coach the Dallas fucking Cowboys? Bet he does. 

Let's see... Make 7+ million a year coaching superior talent you have full control over where you're big favorites 85 to 90 percent of the games you play with loads of job security

Vs 

Being Jerry Jones next puppet bitch boy and having Stephen Jones selecting your players for you for basically the same money. 

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

You bet he's the next coach of the Cowboys?  We are both just talking out of our ass, but why?  Do you think Jerry can have his pick of coaches because it's the Dallas fucking Cowboys?  It's not as simple as NFL > College anymore.

I don’t know if he’s the next coach of the Boys, nobody does. Maybe we don’t offer him the job, maybe we don’t fire Garrett, maybe he’s got another NFL job already. But- I doubt very fucking seriously... very seriously... that he would just turn down the job of Dallas Cowboys head coach. Unless he’s just waiting for the Patriots job where he gets to coach Tom Brady for the next 12 years. 

He isn’t going to win a national championship at OU. He doesn’t know that, but he suspects it. 

BTW, nothing wrong with talking out our asses. This website was built on that foundation.

Edited by Gucci_Suit
Truth
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Drew said:

I didn't even think about it...the fact he had to throw that damn challenge flag caused him NOT to be able to throw it on the obvious PI on the King INT.  Also because he had to throw the flag on the BS Brown PI late in the game too.  That was 2 times Garrett had to throw the flag that he shouldn't have needed too...all thanks to that one fucking guy who seemingly went out of his way to have issues with us.

Has the NFL overturned one PI call in any game this season? Every one I've seen challenged, no matter how obviously wrong the call was, was upheld as called on the field. 

Not my point.  The fact he even had to challenge the first PI at all is proof of horrendous officiating, and that he would have had to challenge for PI on the King INT is even more.

Basically it's to a point where you should never ever challenge PI because they won't overturn it...except for when it'll hurt the Cowboys in a Playoff game I'm Sure.

3 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I don’t know if he’s the next coach of the Boys, nobody does. Maybe we don’t offer him the job, maybe we don’t fire Garrett, maybe he’s got another NFL job already. But- I doubt very fucking seriously... very seriously... that he would just turn down the job of Dallas Cowboys head coach. Unless he’s just waiting for the Patriots job where he gets to coach Tom Brady for the next 12 years. 

He isn’t going to win a national championship at OU. He doesn’t know that, but he suspects it. 

BTW, nothing wrong with talking out our asses. This website was built on that foundation.

Why is he waiting on an NFL job at all?  He suspects he's not going to win a NC at OU?  That doesn't make sense. 

Or maybe he wants to prove that his system will work in the NFL. Most, if not all, coaches are egotistical. There’s definitely an allure to being able to prove yourself at the highest possible level. Whether he ultimately does is beyond what any of us know, but it’s definitely possible

28 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Why is he waiting on an NFL job at all?  He suspects he's not going to win a NC at OU?  That doesn't make sense. 

Maybe he doesn’t suspect it. I dunno. 

He wants an NFL job...probably for the same reason Saban wanted to coach the Dolphins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

There's your first problem. 

And there's your second problem. 

Mickey is nothing more than a Jerry jones paid cheerleader. The flagship station isn't the place for unbiased opinion. 

I remember when the radio post game shows were interesting and informative to listen to. They have been garbage for a long time, as has been the Cowboys network and official web presence.

7 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

IMO if we don't win a playoff game, Garrett is gone and Jerry will hire Lincoln Riley to try to recreate the McVay effect. I don't see any way Garrett comes back if we don't win a playoff game.....but this is Jerry Jones we're talking about and Garrett is still here after only managing to win 2 playoff games so who knows

I so hope this is correct. Would love to have Riley in Dallas.

9 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Aren't clowns at least supposed to be funny?

Funny you mentioned that... I keep thinking about that half-assed grin Clappy was sporting while he argued with that official. As if he was signaling some pussy-assed "i'm not really mad, I'm just disappointed that you made that unfortunate call."

Talk about weak-kneed coaching. Garrett shoulda been seething at that sorry motherfucker - calling him every name in the book. Or at least screaming with a dead serious fucking stare, telling him exactly what the fuck was wrong with the call - and then repeating it just to make sure that stupid bastard understood. No wonder the players don't play for him. The last half, they were playing to salvage what was left of their reputations - but it was too fucking late.

Shit game time coaching. Crap preparation. Green Bay ate our lunch - and it was 99% coaching, not talent. As has been mentioned - a rookie fucking coach without his best receiver gave our sorry-assed coach an ass-coring schooling.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

7 hours ago, Drew said:

I didn't even think about it...the fact he had to throw that damn challenge flag caused him NOT to be able to throw it on the obvious PI on the King INT.  Also because he had to throw the flag on the BS Brown PI late in the game too.  That was 2 times Garrett had to throw the flag that he shouldn't have needed too...all thanks to that one fucking guy who seemingly went out of his way to have issues with us.

I promise you that if he could have thrown a flag on the int play, it would have stood. They would have said, if anything, that the contact was before the ball was thrown which makes it defensive holding or illegal contact...which are not reviewable. 

5 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

he played the receiver instead of the ball and hit the receiver before the ball got there.  what part of that is not PI?  

What we saw on that play happens a hundred times a weekend in the NFL without a flag being thrown, even with contact that is far more egregious. When the defender impedes the receiver's attempt to make the catch, yes it should be called, but in this case, the receiver barely made an attempt to catch the ball, it hit so far behind him. The contact was so minimal that the receiver barely lost a step, much less going down in a heap. It was a bullshit call. Even Aikman said that there was no there there.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Maybe he doesn’t suspect it. I dunno. 

He wants an NFL job...probably for the same reason Saban wanted to coach the Dolphins. 

Why does he want an NFL job?  If he actually wants an NFL job, then yes I agree with you that he would likely say yes to an offer to HC the cowboys.  I am operating under the premise that not every college coach wants to coach in the NFL, and unless I am told otherwise I don't assume NFL>College in their mind.  Especially if they stand to make just as much money and have just as much prestige in their current already established position. 

13 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

he played the receiver instead of the ball and hit the receiver before the ball got there.  what part of that is not PI?  

Every play has a by the book holding that could be called, and every play has a by the book PI that could be called.  This was one of those if you break down in slow motion and read the rules you could say it's technically a PI, but it's something that goes uncalled with no one complaining a large % of time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

What we saw on that play happens a hundred times a weekend in the NFL without a flag being thrown, even with contact that is far more egregious. When the defender impedes the receiver's attempt to make the catch, yes it should be called, but in this case, the receiver barely made an attempt to catch the ball, it hit so far behind him. The contact was so minimal that the receiver barely lost a step, much less going down in a heap. It was a bullshit call. Even Aikman said that there was no there there.

48 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

You can legally do both as long as the contact doesn't impede the receivers' ability to catch the ball. 

so we're differing in opinion as to whether that impeded the receiver's ability to catch the ball.  seems clear to me any time an opposing player contacts the receiver before the ball gets to the receiver and the defender's contact causes the receiver to move away from the ball, regardless of receiver's initial trajectory, that's pass interference. 

9 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Vander Esch really feeling the frustration it seems like. He went off on the idiot media and fans during his bad radio show saying how it's the NFL and everybody has close to equal talent so you're going to have bad days and lose sometimes. Dude sounded pissed

He’s right. Nfl has close to equal talent across the board. That’s why coaching matters so much, Leighton. And ours is a Princeton educated female chimpanzee. 

2 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

so we're differing in opinion as to whether that impeded the receiver's ability to catch the ball.  seems clear to me any time an opposing player contacts the receiver before the ball gets to the receiver and the defender's contact causes the receiver to move away from the ball, regardless of receiver's initial trajectory, that's pass interference. 

yep and games would be 5 hours long because the NFL knows it happens on every play.  unfortunately they chose to call a very ticky tack version.

the pass was underthrown and the contact was very minimal.  he's not catching that ball even if there is no contact.  it should not have been called.  There are multiple replays in the first half where the Cowboy receiver's arm is grabbed right before the ball gets there and the ball is right on the money.  no call. 

Seattle took advantage of this for years doing shit like what happened on the last INT.  opposing teams started complaining and they started getting called on it.  it was one of the reasons it became a "point of emphasis" 2 years ago until it now, shockingly, it doesn't seem to be a POE.

Same shit happened 3 years ago in College BB with the "freeedom of movement"(insert jay Bilas voice here).  now you never hear it from Bilas' lips.  we've moved on to some BS like "hands in the cylinder".

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I think they ought to spend five weeks calling PI every single time a defender grabs a receiver. In the old days, that never happened, and you had a lot cleaner game. In the old days, Dbacks had to look back, because there was usually more separation. Maybe these primadona Dbacks would learn how to cover properly.

Maybe if they took away the offensive line's ability to grab jerseys, QBs would have to move around more, play calling would have to get more creative to keep the defense off balance. We might see more two-back sets and fewer bullshit three yard pass attempts. It wouldn't bother me if they cracked down on that for a few weeks. After an adjustment period, there'd be a lot fewer penalties called. As it stands now, holding is so pervasive that any ref can take control of any game he wants, say to help pay off his brother in law's debts.

The four and five wide sets have made football less interesting. One of the reasons is that receivers aren't ball carriers. They generally go down fast. I would love to see some powerful fullbacks enter the game and get three or four touches per game. I'd like to see big tight ends get more catches.  It might reinvigorate this sport that has gotten incredibly predictable.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:50 PM, Post Oak said:

Can't listen to Mickey anymore. Haven't for a while. I'm not sure of the value he adds

what, are you a cowboy?

On 10/7/2019 at 2:15 PM, Gucci_Suit said:

Riley doesn’t want to coach the Dallas fucking Cowboys? Bet he does. 

jerry will hire stoops and bring in riley as OC.  and it’ll work.

17 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I promise you that if he could have thrown a flag on the int play, it would have stood. They would have said, if anything, that the contact was before the ball was thrown which makes it defensive holding or illegal contact...which are not reviewable. 

has there been a PI call overturned yet this year?

14 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Stoops ain’t leaving his XFL job to work for Jerry. 

you have a real twisted understanding of what it means to coach the dallas cowboys.  goddamn bill parcells came here to work for jerry.  it is the most high profile coaching job in the league, if not american sports.  if ginger gets fired the line forms to the left for a chance to coach this team. 

31 minutes ago, msudawg said:

Saints knew what was coming when Cowboys on offense... Moore using same hand signals as when at Boise....

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-got-clues-cowboys-offense-205250937.html

A predictable Cowboys offense? Been that way ever since Garrett took over OC. Well the first 12 weeks he was here, he was hot new thing of the league. Then after more and more tape was out there,  it's been stale junk ever since. More than 10 years. He has never ever made any adjustments at all. Coaches and players have spoke on this many times. Our offense is a man beat man offense. We only rely on our players being better than the others every single snap. We don't disguise anything. We don't scheme. We don't adjust to the defense and make them guess. No real motion. It's just line up and telling everyone to beat their man every single damn snap. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

A predictable Cowboys offense? Been that way ever since Garrett took over OC. Well the first 12 weeks he was here, he was hot new thing of the league. Then after more and more tape was out there,  it's been stale junk ever since. More than 10 years. He has never ever made any adjustments at all. Coaches and players have spoke on this many times. Our offense is a man beat man offense. We only rely on our players being better than the others every single snap. We don't disguise anything. We don't scheme. We don't adjust to the defense and make them guess. No real motion. It's just line up and telling everyone to beat their man every single damn snap. 

and all this without even a competent quarterback!  we are fucked. 

15 hours ago, futureman said:

you have a real twisted understanding of what it means to coach the dallas cowboys.  goddamn bill parcells came here to work for jerry.  it is the most high profile coaching job in the league, if not american sports.  if ginger gets fired the line forms to the left for a chance to coach this team. 

Either your sarcasm meter is broken or mine is. 

Cowboys are the most important franchise of America’s biggest sport. Most prestigious job in American sport.  

and working for Jerry? You can suck for a decade and not get fired. Sounds great. 

Checking around and saw the Eagles had 10 sacks last week. How many do we have total for the season? DLaw has 2.5 sacks. Taco Charlton has 2. Lulz. New England has 11 picks so far this season. We have 1. One!

This defense fucking blows as usual but as always, they will get a pass and all the criticism will go on the offense. Every single loss in the divisional round is because this defense shit the bed. As they always do. But Rod is a "genius" and "coaches them up". Lmao. Fucking fraud ass old geezer. What do you expect of the head coach of the 0-16 Lions, though. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Checking around and saw the Eagles had 10 sacks last week. How many do we have total for the season? DLaw has 2.5 sacks. Taco Charlton has 2. Lulz. New England has 11 picks so far this season. We have 1. One!

This defense fucking blows as usual but as always, they will get a pass and all the criticism will go on the offense. Every single loss in the divisional round is because this defense shit the bed. As they always do. But Rod is a "genius" and "coaches them up". Lmao. Fucking fraud ass old geezer. What do you expect of the head coach of the 0-16 Lions, though. 

They held the Saints to 12 points in New Orleans. While our offense didn't do shit all night. 

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

They held the Saints to 12 points in New Orleans. While our offense didn't do shit all night. 

You are focusing on one game vs years and years. Big fucking deal. Big picture is what I am talking about. How many years is this defense towards the bottom in interceptions? We have played 5 games against Eli, Keenum, Fitz/Rosen, Teddy B and we have one single pick and that was because Ginn let it go through his hands and we had a guy standing there. When you play good teams, the offense isn't going to score 35 a game and completely dominate. When is this defense going to pitch in with some monentum shifting turnovers. This offense constantly has to drive the length of the field because they don't get turnovers and when they do force a punt, it's after the offense drove the ball so we are pinned deep. How can you not see this?

Go watch the All 22 and look at how lost this defense looks up front. It's embarrassing. They also gave up over 500 yards to the Giants. People passed that off as garbage yards but it is the epitome of this defense. Let offenses drive the ball with little resistance. They might make a stop down the field but they won't force any turnovers to flip the field and grab momentum. Their goal is to force a field goal or a punt after a long drive. 

This defense would have a hard time intercepting West Virginia. 

Dallas ranks dead last in average starting field position. This defense and special teams does absolutely zero to help out the offense and give them shorter fields. This has been a huge issue for a long time here. Most of it is the defense but special teams has a part in it, too. I get kickoff returns are dwindling as the years go with kickers just booting it deep in the endzone. But even when we do bring it out, we rarely go anywhere at all. Same as punt returns. Or if we do, they are called back for holding. You can't ask an offense to constantly drive long fields at this level and expect long term success.

8aJjtaH.jpg

Garrett can only coach when everyone is healthy, which by the way a dozen other guys can do just as well, including Adam Gase.  this was known when Romo went down and Garrett couldn't win one fucking game without him.  

and werder asked about "immediate jeopardy".  Jerruh is stupid and doesn't have a backup plan so Garrett gets to coach the season out.  genius move by garrett to fire linehan and hire a guy who is no way ready for a HC gig(he's barely qualifed to be a position coach, maybe a co-ordinator).  Jerry won't hire a D guy again to be the HC.