Dallas Cowboys 2019 Season Thread -- Aaaah Zeke Out?

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Giants might actually have a competent QB the next time we play them. I'm going to miss the herpy derpy Eli. 

I wonder if he stays as a backup the rest of his career (however long that is) or does he want to go finish his career somewhere as a starter. Although I am not sure which team would want him a starter. 

He’s a lot more mobile than I expected. Regardless of how his career turns out, it’s obvious he has a lot of talents. If he didn’t play for the giants I’d root for him based solely on the draft day backlash 

Man the schedule is nice right now...but man look at it the next 2 weeks and then after the Jets game.  Packers, Rams, Patriots, Bills, and even Lions are all undefeated. Bears and Vikings will not be easy(especially playing the Bears in Chicago in December and their defense). Even the Lions seem to play great against us...Stafford has crazy games when he sees Dallas.

Basically the Cowboys need to rack up the wins now.

I think they should beat the Saints, but plying in NO and even with Bridgewater they're dangerous and the defense is good.

The Packers remind me of Dallas in 2014.  They took a shit ton of pressure of Rodgers by giving him a decent OL, good running game and even better defense than Dallas had, and all Rodgers has to do is make a couple of big throws a game(his specialty).  But I still think Dallas is better, and it's time for Dak to get another win over Rodgers.

Just interesting how this is going to play out the next few games.

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

Man the schedule is nice right now...but man look at it the next 2 weeks and then after the Jets game.  Packers, Rams, Patriots, Bills, and even Lions are all undefeated. Bears and Vikings will not be easy(especially playing the Bears in Chicago in December and their defense). Even the Lions seem to play great against us...Stafford has crazy games when he sees Dallas.

The thing about the NFL is teams are streaky, we played the bad teams awhile they are bad and in a few of weeks start to play teams that look good today but there is nothing to say they will still be clicking by the time we play them. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Basically the Cowboys need to rack up the wins now.

I think they should beat the Saints, but plying in NO and even with Bridgewater they're dangerous and the defense is good.

The Packers remind me of Dallas in 2014.  They took a shit ton of pressure of Rodgers by giving him a decent OL, good running game and even better defense than Dallas had, and all Rodgers has to do is make a couple of big throws a game(his specialty).  But I still think Dallas is better, and it's time for Dak to get another win over Rodgers.

Just interesting how this is going to play out the next few games.

Miami started off 3-0 last year. Quirky teams can start off with a handful of wins and then drop off a cliff. Bills are a home game. No reason to lose that game. No reason to lose to the Jets, either.

Theoretically, Dallas might not be an underdog until the NE game later on. 

I'm ready to see this team tested in the 4th qtr and see what they are made of. I think they will be against the Saints and Packers.

Saints did go on the road to beat Seattle but they relied on 2 scores from their defense and special teams. Hard to sustain that and win games where you only gain 250 yards. We need to have the same gameplan as last year against the Saints. We showed the blueprint of how to stop them. Many teams took note and they faltered after that game on offense. You spy Kamara and their backs hard. That is the flow of their offense. They set the tone. You reign them in, their offense looks totally different. I can't remember who it was last year who spyed Kamara the whole night but he did a hell of a job and the Saints never got on track. 

45 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Seeds 1-3: Dallas, LAR, GB

Seed 4: NO

5: Philly (10-6)

6: San Fran (10-6), maybe Detroit. SF has a tough schedule. 

Philly plays GB this Thursday. Very big game early on.A loss puts Philly at 1-3. That would be a disastrous start for them. I'd have to root for GB solely because winning the division is the goal for us and Philly will be the only competition. Although we could be battling GB for a top seed and a loss from them would not hurt. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Seeds 1-3: Dallas, LAR, GB

Seed 4: NO

5: Philly (10-6)

6: San Fran (10-6), maybe Detroit. SF has a tough schedule. 

If Philly can’t figure out how to generate a run game or protect wentz, that’s an 8-8 team. Especially if they lose to GB. They’re built like the cowboys from the early part of this decade. Aging players on defense and the oline, no running game, and wentz being asked to carry the team and clean up the mess (like Romo). That’s a fucking recipe for 8-8 or 9-7 and i don’t even think that’s wishful thinking. 

If you listen to Philly reactions this morning, 50% of the calls are wentz vs foles takes. The fact that we’re already at that point 3 games into the new season puts a smile on my face. 

Division winners will be Dallas, GB, LA, and NO. SF and Minnesota will be your wild card teams. SF’s schedule is laughable. We’re gonna look up and they’re gonna be 6-1, and you’re going to wonder how the fuck did that happen. Our head to head matchups with the top teams will determine who has those bye weeks (obviously)

Edited by youdunnf'dup

30 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Miami started off 3-0 last year. Quirky teams can start off with a handful of wins and then drop off a cliff. Bills are a home game. No reason to lose that game. No reason to lose to the Jets, either.

Theoretically, Dallas might not be an underdog until the NE game later on. 

I'm ready to see this team tested in the 4th qtr and see what they are made of. I think they will be against the Saints and Packers.

Saints did go on the road to beat Seattle but they relied on 2 scores from their defense and special teams. Hard to sustain that and win games where you only gain 250 yards. We need to have the same gameplan as last year against the Saints. We showed the blueprint of how to stop them. Many teams took note and they faltered after that game on offense. You spy Kamara and their backs hard. That is the flow of their offense. They set the tone. You reign them in, their offense looks totally different. I can't remember who it was last year who spyed Kamara the whole night but he did a hell of a job and the Saints never got on track. 

And Dallas had the perfect spy for Kamara in Lewis.  So that helps.

I really feel like Dallas is good enough go in there and win a good game, maybe even convincingly if they don't start slow and don't make mistakes on offense.

I think that SF has the edge in the West due to shit schedule. I think that they split with the Rams and the Rams lose more due to having the tougher NFC schedule. 

Rams seem to just be getting it done rather than showing that they are elite. 

But my last year of contact Football was riding the bench as a freshman on the JV team of a small private school, so I’m no expert. 

• Like 1

Just now, markstanco said:

Took my 10 year old to the game yesterday, we hit six flags the day before. 23fd5dbc8aa7e438737c0ab1b0df9ffb.jpg

Your 10 year-old has more hair than two or three of me. I kind of hate him for that, though he seems to be a good kid. 

Do you live in Arlington? Or did you stay in a hotel and make a weekend out visit the Metroplex’s Most Famous “Mid-City”?

Your 10 year-old has more hair than two or three of me. I kind of hate him for that, though he seems to be a good kid. 
Do you live in Arlington? Or did you stay in a hotel and make a weekend out visit the Metroplex’s Most Famous “Mid-City”?
Live in TXK, but my BIL lives in aledo so we stayed there.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If Philly can’t figure out how to generate a run game or protect wentz, that’s an 8-8 team. Especially if they lose to GB. They’re built like the cowboys from the early part of this decade. Aging players on defense and the oline, no running game, and wentz being asked to carry the team and clean up the mess (like Romo). That’s a fucking recipe for 8-8 or 9-7 and i don’t even think that’s wishful thinking. 

If you listen to Philly reactions this morning, 50% of the calls are wentz vs foles takes. The fact that we’re already at that point 3 games into the new season puts a smile on my face. 

Division winners will be Dallas, GB, LA, and NO. SF and Minnesota will be your wild card teams. SF’s schedule is laughable. We’re gonna look up and they’re gonna be 6-1, and you’re going to wonder how the fuck did that happen. Our head to head matchups with the top teams will determine who has those bye weeks (obviously)

Philly's a weird team.  2 years ago they figured out how to win the close games in the 4th.  This year, they've dropped a couple.  They're really beat up on the OL so you would think when they get healthy, their running game would return but until then, Wentz has to carry them and he's down Jeffery and DJax.  Jeffery is supposed to play vs GB but how impactful can he be?  1-3 puts them in a real hole although they sort of have an easy schedule with NE, Bears and Seattle at home (although all in a row).  4 out of their next 5 on the road.  If something disastrous happens like 2-3 in their next five and a major injury like to Wentz or in their secondary (Darby is out now), then they could be at 7-8 losses going into December.  But their December schedule is a joke.  Only team worth a damn is us.  Miami, Wash, us and the Giants looking for draft position twice.

9 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Could it have been a better weekend for football? UT and Dallas won. SMU beat TCU. Eagles Lost. Skins get beat by the Bears tonight. Guess the Giants won, but they've got to play the Redskins, Vikings and Patriots next. The league will figure out their young QB.

Not only that, Aggy lost. And all three of my degree-granting institutions won, two of them (Colorado and Cal) in big games (for them, not nationally). Football perfection. 

• Like 1

Even with all the injuries at receiver and OL the eagles are two dropped passes away from being 3-0. Wentz made the exact plays he needed to make to win both games but his receivers and tight ends completely botched it. They're not nearly as bad as people are saying and neither of the losses are on wentz at all. The fucker can't throw it and catch it himself. 

Just now, crash_davis said:

good for troy.  totally different eras.  

I hate when people do this shit. Comparing troy’s era to what’s going on right now. We’re going to look up and at the end of his career, Matt Stafford is going to be top 10 in just about every important statistical category (besides wins, of course) and someone is going to argue that he should be in the hall of fame. 

11 hours ago, LTbear said:

Not only that, Aggy lost. And all three of my degree-granting institutions won, two of them (Colorado and Cal) in big games (for them, not nationally). Football perfection. 

When I conceived that brilliant post, the Aggy loss was at the top of my list. Shows you how rapidly they are drifting into insignificance. They should never have left the conference. Funny how most Aggies still think that was a good move.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:01 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Giants might actually have a competent QB the next time we play them. I'm going to miss the herpy derpy Eli. 

I wonder if he stays as a backup the rest of his career (however long that is) or does he want to go finish his career somewhere as a starter. Although I am not sure which team would want him a starter. 

Hell, he’s got 2 SB rings. He’s just drawing the money. 

14 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Even with all the injuries at receiver and OL the eagles are two dropped passes away from being 3-0. Wentz made the exact plays he needed to make to win both games but his receivers and tight ends completely botched it. They're not nearly as bad as people are saying and neither of the losses are on wentz at all. The fucker can't throw it and catch it himself. 

Yes lets gloss over the fact that Wentz played bad enough to have his team trailing by double digits in those losses. Y'all give this fuckstick every excuse in the book but if a certain other QB was in that exact position, he's crucified. 

You can't ignore why his teams were even in that position to begin with. Because he didn't do jack shit early on and they had to play catch up. Dropped balls happen. Bad passes happen. They all equal out in the end. They are 1-2 because he has not been consistent.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yes lets gloss over the fact that Wentz played bad enough to have his team trailing by double digits in those losses. Y'all give this fuckstick every excuse in the book but if a certain other QB was in that exact position, he's crucified. 

You can't ignore why his teams were even in that position to begin with. Because he didn't do jack shit early on and they had to play catch up. Dropped balls happen. Bad passes happen. They all equal out in the end. They are 1-2 because he has not been consistent.

Well let's take away Tyron and Cam Flemming, then take away Cooper to along with Gallup, and go play Atlanta and Detroit and see if Dak is blowing them out in the 4th quarter. Yeah, that's not happening. 

Then, when the game is close in the 4th have Witten, Smith, and Jarwin dropping dead to rights in the hands game winning touchdown passes then go ahead and blame Dak for it all. 

I know you're excited the cowboys at close to full offensive strength blew out 3 of the 4 worst teams in the sport but let's not get fucking stupid here. The last time Dak had to do just without Tyron he got sacked 6 times by the same dude and wasn't right for almost the next full year's time. 

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Damn the excuses for Wentz keep getting holes poked in it lol

I don’t know if eagles WRs didn’t have a single drop in week one, or if the agholor drop was the only drop in that entire game in week 2, but I don’t know how that’s even possible. Cooper has a couple of drops, but that just doesn’t sound right

Trying to judge stats after 3 games is incredibly stupid. the Eagles schedule gets easier and the Cowboys are going to have some very tough games so I'm pretty sure by the end it'll still be a fight for the division title. Even with the injuries and tougher schedule they're 2 dropped game winning TD passes from being 3-0. Literally Aghalor and Goddert don't drop those and they're 3-0. 

Edited by Junior Miller

21 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Well let's take away Tyron and Cam Flemming, then take away Cooper to along with Gallup, and go play Atlanta and Detroit and see if Dak is blowing them out in the 4th quarter. Yeah, that's not happening. 

Then, when the game is close in the 4th have Witten, Smith, and Jarwin dropping dead to rights in the hands game winning touchdown passes then go ahead and blame Dak for it all. 

I know you're excited the cowboys at close to full offensive strength blew out 3 of the 4 worst teams in the sport but let's not get fucking stupid here. The last time Dak had to do just without Tyron he got sacked 6 times by the same dude and wasn't right for almost the next full year's time. 

We've seen it...weeks 9-11 in 2017, funnily enough started off with Atlanta in that stretch.  Dak, and the Cowboys, had his worst performance of his career, and the justification that Dak just "wasn't god enough without a TON of help". which is what we're seeing now with Wentz.

They hypocrisy is fucking nuts.

22 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Shit, gonna have to chalk that Jets game up as a loss now boys...

The depths people go to for Wentz is insane. I could see if he actually accomplished something. But he has not. People trashed Dak last year for the start of that season. Remember, his number 1 receiver was Beasley at that point. Gallup was still a rookie. He was missing his all pro center. OL was very shaky. Nope no excuses. But Wentz gets those exact excuses.

14 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The depths people go to for Wentz is insane. I could see if he actually accomplished something. But he has not. People trashed Dak last year for the start of that season. Remember, his number 1 receiver was Beasley at that point. Gallup was still a rookie. He was missing his all pro center. OL was very shaky. Nope no excuses. But Wentz gets those exact excuses.

I mean, that’s just a byproduct of playing qb for the Dallas cowboys, and the media trying to cover their tracks and prove why they’re still right about the eagles. But you can use common sense in both situations and see excuses for both guys not playing up to their potential. Dak in 2017 and early 2018, and wentz now. 

Heard an interesting stat this morning.....

The Cowboys have scored only 4 less points than the top offense in the NFL which is the Chiefs.

Dak also has the second best QBR in the league behind.......you guessed it....Mahomes.

However I would consider KC's schedule better than Dallas' so far.

The Chiefs have played .....

Jaguars - 1-2

Raiders - 1-2

Ravens - 2-1

4-5

Cowboys have played......

Giants - 1-2

Redskins - 0-3

Dolphins - 0-3

1-8

16 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Everyone associated with the NFL (GMs, fans, writers) are easily influenced.  And Wentz is #2 overall pick and Dak was a project QB coming out of college.  Dak carries that stigma and Wentz carries that trophy.  It's simple confirmation bias.  Every bad play from Dak and everyone goes back and confirms their original assumption and every good play from Wentz they do the same, and ignore the rest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Everyone associated with the NFL (GMs, fans, writers) are easily influenced.  And Wentz is #2 overall pick and Dak was a project QB coming out of college.  Dak carries that stigma and Wentz carries that trophy.  It's simple confirmation bias.  Every bad play from Dak and everyone goes back and confirms their original assumption and every good play from Wentz they do the same, and ignore the rest.

Yep you're right. 

28 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yes, the schedule is going to get harder, and Prescotts numbers will come back down to earth some. The meltdown at his first pedestrian game is going to be annoying as fuck.

Yep it's coming. They will come out of their holes to say "you see Dak sucks!!111". 

But in the past when we played shitty teams, we never dominated them like this with consistency. None of these games have been in doubt in the 4th quarter. The mark of a good team is can you take care of shitty teams. We have. In the past, we would slip up here and there or keep them in the game until the end.

These next 2 games will tell us a lot where we are. Saints with Teddy B will still be tough. They went into Seattle and beat them down. That isn't easy to do. Playing in the Superdome is ever easy. A good road test for this team. Then you have GB at home and they will be coming off a longer break than us. They play a home game tonight and we play a road game Sunday night.

Before the season started, I'd be glad with a split with them. But now? I am greedy and want them both. This team needs to be able to take advantage of Brees absence. 

The Saints got doubled up in yards by the Seahawks and scored 2 of their TD’s through special teams and defense. By every measure, Seattle should have won that game. The Cowboys should handle the Saints without too many issues, but weird things always happen in NO.

12 minutes ago, Hate said:

The Saints got doubled up in yards by the Seahawks and scored 2 of their TD’s through special teams and defense. By every measure, Seattle should have won that game. The Cowboys should handle the Saints without too many issues, but weird things always happen in NO.

Yep.  If the Cows win the toss and receive, I'd be ready for an onside kick.