2018 - Elections and Trends

atomheartbevo

The GOP has 2 years to complete the transition to what we are in the process of becoming. We need young, charismatic leaders like DeSantis and McSally to shine and have others coming up in the pipeline. If I didn’t have so much personal baggage, I’d have loved to chip in. Bannon is trying to get all the UKIPs and Fideszs organized in Europe and there can be transatlantic coordination with the GOP. Likud is another ally

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

6 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

A least one of the female Muslim new Congresswomen wasn’t wearing a disgusting hijab which is something I guess. I will never support Muslims gaining political clout in this country considering what they have done in my ancestral homeland and everywhere else in the Middle East. There is a reason why the educated, Westernized people in the Middle East and religious minorities like the Copts wholeheartedly support dictators like Sisi in Egypt. The Muslim electorate is a danger to anyone who cares about freedom. Before you bitch that I’m an Islamophobe, my family is Muslim. 

Evangelical Christians are a much greater threat to freedom than Muslims.

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

A least one of the female Muslim new Congresswomen wasn’t wearing a disgusting hijab which is something I guess. I will never support Muslims gaining political clout in this country considering what they have done in my ancestral homeland and everywhere else in the Middle East. There is a reason why the educated, Westernized people in the Middle East and religious minorities like the Copts wholeheartedly support dictators like Sisi in Egypt. The Muslim electorate is a danger to anyone who cares about freedom. Before you bitch that I’m an Islamophobe, my family is Muslim. 

You’re still an Islamophobe you racist piece of shit. 

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The GOP has 2 years to complete the transition to what we are in thr process of becoming. We need young, charismatic leaders like DeSantis and McSally to shine and have others coming up in the pipeline. If I didn’t have so much personal baggage, I’d have loved to chip in.

Oh you mean meth?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

As-Salaam-Alaikum

This is good. I thought the visual of Pence holding a Quran was going to be the funniest thing that happened to me this afternoon, but we have Icono musing over some imaginary party he would be a part of. I'm literally giggling like Kevin from the Office sitting at my desk right now. I hope no one walks in my office.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, G650 said:

This is good. I thought the visual of Pence holding a Quran was going to be the funniest thing that happened to me this afternoon, but we have Icono musing over some imaginary party he would be a part of. I'm literally giggling like Kevin from the Office sitting at my desk right now. I hope no one walks in my office.

I have money to donate to the right people. It’s allgood 

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not actually that important, but looked up my precinct (NW Houston suburbs)

2016:

Trump 73.7%, Clinton 25.0%, Johnson 0.9%, Stein 0.4%

2018:

Cruz 63.9%, O'Rourke 35.3%, Dikeman 0.8%

You live in Cypress I assume. You should move 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

2016:

2018:

Okay. What’s your point?  The approximately 10% difference between the voting amounts?  

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You should move. 

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You live in Cypress I assume. You should move 

You're both correct. But I can't, sometimes life sucks for a while.

Just now, JustBecause said:

Okay. What’s your point?  The approximately 10% difference between the voting amounts?  

My point is posting data. That's what this thread is about, if you're looking for mindless shitposting head to a different thread, there are several to choose from.

8 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

Not a chance I'm going to catch up on this thread, but your are comparing absolute numbers and deltas.  There were 35 seats up for election.  The Republicans have won twelve of them (by that count, which assumes three stay red.)  The dems won 21 if them, and there were two indies who caucus blue.  

Not a chance I'm going to catch up on this thread, but your are comparing absolute numbers and deltas.  There were 35 seats up for election.  The Republicans have won twelve of them (by that count, which assumes three stay red.)  The dems won 21 if them, and there were two indies who caucus blue.  

Not a chance I'm going to catch up on this thread, but your are comparing absolute numbers and deltas.  There were 35 seats up for election.  The Republicans have won twelve of them (by that count, which assumes three stay red.)  

Not a chance I'm going to catch up on this thread, but your are comparing absolute numbers and deltas.  There were 35 seats up for election.  The Republicans have won twelve of them (by that count, which assumes three stay red.)  

35 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

2016:

2018:

Where did you find precinct level data? I was just looking for that now. 

4 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Take it to Gab. 

• Like 1