Why Texas Stomps a Mudhole In LSU's Ass

closetojumping

39 minutes ago, Right53VeerPass said:

These are some great points. However, I don't think Coach Orgeron's history of abject failure has been emphasized enough. Let's look at his track record:

In 2005, Orgeron was hired at Ole Miss. He tried to instigate a new offense and failed miserably. Ole Miss finished 117th in the country, averaging 13.5 points and 282 yards of total offense per game. Source: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2005-team-offense.html

In 2006, Orgeron's offense moved up to 108th, averaging a whopping 15.7 points and 261 yards per game. Source: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2006-team-offense.html

In 2007, Orgeron's offense made a leap to 105th, averaging 20.1 points and 345 yards per game. Source: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2007-team-offense.html

After going winless in SEC play in 2007, Orgeron was fired. Even Charlie Strong was able to get conference wins in his third year. Orgeron ended his tenure at Ole Miss with a 9-25 record and 3 conference wins.

Orgeron then left college football for a year, and then took a position with Lane Kiffen's Tennesee program. Yikes.

After Kiffen's Tennesee program blew up, Orgeron went to work at USC. USC eventually decided to hire Steve Sarkisian instead of Coach O. 

What's really incredible about this is that I can think of 4 programs with great histories that have struggled this decade. USC, Tennesee, Nebraska, and Texas. Orgeron was involved with two of those at a high level, and he was not able to right the ship at either of them. Herman, however, was able to significantly improve Texas. After 1 year, Herman's team won 10 games for the first time since 2009. Wherever Ed goes, mediocrity follows. USC was gradually getting worse before he arrived, meh when he was there, and meh after he left. Ole Miss just sort of sucked, and I don't think I need to talk about Tennesee.

Now let's look at LSU. 

Orgeron's teams have scored 10 points in 3 years against Alabama. He lost a bowl game to Notre Dame. In his two seasons, he's gone 9-4 and 10-3. Counting the games after Les got fired, his winning percentage at LSU is worse than Miles's (.770 vs .743). Elite coaches make programs better. Ed Orgeron does not. 

Enjoyed the post. One thing this reminded me of, which I fucking forgot to include in the original post, is that Marquis Edgart Templeton Orgeron III is also an admitted woman beater. He beat a woman around so regularly while in Miami that she had to get a restraining order on his shitty fucking ass. So, again, it's been a glorious career for this fucking shitbag. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Let me translate since I married into a family of swamp running coonasses, jackasses and shrimpin’ Chinks.

A baw is your basic jackass who is equal parts bro, wannabe country boy and pretentious football fan who wears his designer sunglasses, blue jeans and red wings as an extension of his personality. A baw tries to compensate for the fact that he can’t afford the payments on his jacked up F-250 by strutting around in cammo gear as though he just spent the week filling in as a stuntman in First Blood when the only thing he actually hunted was some Cane’s chicken fingers. He’s the asshole who shows up at the wedding in full LSU tiger gear with a case in back for the reception...as a groomsman.

Take away conversations about duck hunting, his latest truck accoutrements or his football team of choice and you’re left with a near vacuous mute that communicates like Sloth with Chunk. Imagine a die hard Tide fine from South Alabama, and then take away any sense of self awareness. Basically, an idiots attempt at being a flashy good old boy.

They’ll litter Austin with refuse and general jackassery, but on the bright side most of the city’s road kill will be cleaned from the shoulders and served at their tailgates. 

This was nice.

Just now, Dr Grind said:

Always need a few bodies on the bench

That’s pretty big talk from a team running Lanard Fournette in their 2 deep. His google result is “Leonard Fournette’s brother” for a reason. I’d say we could use him at RB, but we’re better off with a converted LB for depth.

32 minutes ago, Dr Grind said:

Let's talk about the actual game baws.  How many times is Sam going to have to throw it since ya'll don't have a running back?  I find it funny that I saw LSU having 5 running backs as a weakness

You have to understand UT logic.  LSU rotating 5 talented RBs is a weakness and UT having one legit RB starter and a converted LB and QB to RB as backups is a strength. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, GumboPot said:

You have to understand UT logic.  LSU rotating 5 talented RBs is a weakness and UT having one legit RB starter and a converted LB and QB to RB as backups is a strength. 

You fucking morons.  There are half a dozen threads on this board for serious analysis of the game and the teams' relative strengths, etc.  This is a mudhole post.  Talk shit or GTFO.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GumboPot said:

Nobody has said our rb depth is a strength, at least not seriously. 

Your 5 rbs combined for 3.8 ypc against Georgia community college and tire repair. Does that mean they all suck, only some, or your line sucks?  In no way does it show strength. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

You fucking morons.  There are half a dozen threads on this board for serious analysis of the game and the teams' relative strengths, etc.  This is a mudhole post.  Talk shit or GTFO.

Exactly!

And your fucking gumbo sucks! Just like your poboys and cajun catfish with dirty rice!

Now I'm hungry. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nobody has said our rb depth is a strength, at least not seriously. 

Your 5 rbs combined for 3.8 ypc against Georgia community college and tire repair. Does that mean they all suck, only some, or your line sucks?  In no way does it show strength. 

I love the problem of abundance of riches. But focus on the 3.8 ypc stat and totally ignore the 8.8 yard per reception for the RBs (which are essentially <5 yard hand-offs). 

• Fuck You 4

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Enjoyed the post. One thing this reminded me of, which I fucking forgot to include in the original post, is that Marquis Edgart Templeton Orgeron III is also an admitted woman beater. He beat a woman around so regularly while in Miami that she had to get a restraining order on his shitty fucking ass. So, again, it's been a glorious career for this fucking shitbag. 

Welp. This needs it’s own thread...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GumboPot said:

There is a lot of BS in your post and little substance.  How do you feel about match-ups?

LSU O-Line versus UT D-Line?

Will UT's backup RBs have the smarts to recognize and pick up Dave Aranda's blitz packages?

You know that 2nd TD pass in the LaTech game by Ehlinger gets picked off by LSU DBs, right?

How do you feel about UT DBs matching up with LSU WRs?

I hope Herman's game plan it to test our freshman corner Stingley.  Do you realize Stingley played on the 7 versus 7 circuit since eight grade against your wide receivers?  The point is, he knows them already. Oh, and please kick to Stingley on punts. 

How to feel about our DL matched up against your OL?  Do you realize that our NT Tyler Shelvin is playing himself into a 1st round pick in a couple of years and he is backed up by two very talented freshman in Ika and Evans. Furthermore the depth at NT has allowed Fehoko to move to DE in Aranda's 3-4.

I also don't think you realize the depth LSU has at LB.  You will know the name "Jacoby Stevens" by the end of the game.  

Your entire post just proved his point about false, SEC SEC SEC bravado. 

Let me translate since I married into a family of swamp running coonasses, jackasses and shrimpin’ Chinks.
A baw is your basic jackass who is equal parts bro, wannabe country boy and pretentious football fan who wears his designer sunglasses, blue jeans and red wings as an extension of his personality. A baw tries to compensate for the fact that he can’t afford the payments on his jacked up F-250 by strutting around in cammo gear as though he just spent the week filling in as a stuntman in First Blood when the only thing he actually hunted was some Cane’s chicken fingers. He’s the asshole who shows up at the wedding in full LSU tiger gear with a case in back for the reception...as a groomsman.
Take away conversations about duck hunting, his latest truck accoutrements or his football team of choice and you’re left with a near vacuous mute that communicates like Sloth with Chunk. Imagine a die hard Tide fine from South Alabama, and then take away any sense of self awareness. Basically, an idiots attempt at being a flashy good old boy.
They’ll litter Austin with refuse and general jackassery, but on the bright side most of the city’s road kill will be cleaned from the shoulders and served at their tailgates. 

So baw = aggy

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GumboPot said:

More accurately: it don't make a shit.

Texas has a HC that produced a NC winning offense with a 3rd string QB.  Lack of depth is hardly a deal breaker in Tom Herman's world.

• Like 1