Below Deck

RPM

I have a buddy who has a skippers license and is in and out of the charter business, doing mostly 100 ft boats that are doing weekend charters out of San Diego or Long Beach, maybe to Catalina. Does a lot of boat parade/party type stuff. He prefers doing big fishing charters on fancy sport fisherman boats. Or transport business where an owner wants a boat moved from San Diego to Miami and he’ll work that detail as they eat great and stay in the suites.

He says now that he’s in his 40’s he can’t live that life anymore. He’s done yachting in the Caribbean, Cali, Mexico, and Hawaii and he says it can be really wild like the show as the girls are hot and wild. But the difference he says is that there’s little drama and that everyone is a pro at their job.

On 2/6/2024 at 11:49 AM, Deej said:

It's a permanent part of the Below Deck script now. Hire someone completely incompetent at a position so you can fire someone in the first few episodes.

This.  Bosun is gone within 3 episodes I'm betting.  Convenient Ben is just sitting there waiting to slide into his position.

Edited by Biff Tannen

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 1:47 PM, Deej said:

My understanding is it's becoming harder and harder to find experienced yacht crew who want to be on the show, so they have to hire people with little to no experience. 

They pay absolute shit, according to Eddie. 

6 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

But that's basically it, while they are printing cash for Andy Cohen. 

and exposure which if parlayed correct can lead to a lot of money, just like all the other reality stars. That's why these crew members agree to be on this show, to become influencers/reality stars

23 minutes ago, Smax said:

and exposure which if parlayed correct can lead to a lot of money, just like all the other reality stars. That's why these crew members agree to be on this show, to become influencers/reality stars

Or OF participants 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Damn, googled it.  Bravo evidently gives them 5-6k a month only for being on the show.  The camera crew probably makes more than the cast but of course they don’t get tips.  Definitely the cheapest Bravo show they make I’d bet. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deej said:

It's time to cancel the franchise. It's played out. 

i still like BDSY, but the rest? yes.

they should have kept the name and moved it elsewhere with the new captain and co

It’s all the same show each season. They used to have mostly new crew with just Lee, Kate, and the Brit chef guy as constants. Now it’s all interior drama, charters are just background, and drunken dinners and fucking in the hot tub.

6 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Only thing that was worse than her behavior was her accent 

She’s a bitter woman who can’t handle the fact she was fired from The Real Housewives of NY. My wife was into this show in the late 2000s and I am ashamed of how much I know about her because of all the hours I had to sit through the housewives show in order to get laid. She was terrible then and she’s still terrible now. 

He was delusional and a rotten chef. Lots of good cooks but he was a train wreck in the other tasks: no organization, indifferent to clients wants, awful menu planning and planning. And then he’s shocked anyone actually thinks his performance is lacking. Fried chicken Caesar progressing to grilled chicken then to a chocolate molten cake. It was like a meal at Applebee’s.