What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

31 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Whats the thing about Ukraine, the server and Crowdstrike?  Where the fuck did that come from?

Probably related to their previous DFIR work on the Russian hacking investigations. Seems like POTUS was targeting the company. I was recruited by CrowdStrike a few months ago so this hits a little close to home. Seriously though, having been involved in digital forensic investigations that put me at odds with people a lot more powerful than myself really makes the Crowdstrike situation hit close to home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW Hayduke said:

Lulz do you have any other takes on any other thing or is this all you have?

Until I see proof otherwise, yep.  This will end in "ah well, nevertheless".  

Hey, if I'm wrong, it'll be the best plate of crow I've ever had....but, I'm pretty sure the Republicans and AG will absolutely stonewall and deflect their way to victory.  Our checks and balances have failed us miserably. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Whether they have to turn over the complaint is going to end up in front of the Supreme Court.  It's Nixon's tapes all over again.

They need to turn it over ASAP.  Who the fuck knows what the Supreme Court is going to do.  There's a GOP installed majority who will likely ok anything trump does.  The IG needs to hand this to Schiff and his GOP counterpart (is it still Nunes?) right away.  The IG can then resign if this is considered illegal.

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Whether they have to turn over the complaint is going to end up in front of the Supreme Court.  It's Nixon's tapes all over again.

You mean the Supreme Court that Trump and McConnell have packed with their people?  That Supreme Court?  That should go well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Lulz do you have any other takes on any other thing or is this all you have?

Well, when nobody seems to notice the plane flying into the mountain, and they keep wanting to talk about the service in business class, and the training of the pilots and how surely they'll get things right, and how the beverages seem watered down, yes.....I'm going to point out that everyone seems to be ignoring the only important fact.

The only thing that matters is that the plane is crashing into the mountain, and we're still careening on that same collision course.  Everything else is hope, folly, and distraction.  So, yeah....it seems to be the only relevant take.

I mean, I also have very strong takes on people who serve cobbler without ice cream, proper red beans and rice, consistent special teams failures, and the merits of curvaceous middle-aged women, but those aren't on this particular forum.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Well, when nobody seems to notice the plane flying into the mountain, and they keep wanting to talk about the service in business class, and the training of the pilots and how surely they'll get things right, and how the beverages seem watered down, yes.....I'm going to point out that everyone seems to be ignoring the only important fact.

The only thing that matters is that the plane is crashing into the mountain, and we're still careening on that same collision course.  Everything else is hope, folly, and distraction.  So, yeah....it seems to be the only relevant take.

I mean, I also have very strong takes on people who serve cobbler without ice cream, proper red beans and rice, consistent special teams failures, and the merits of curvaceous middle-aged women, but those aren't on this particular forum.

Buddy, even if the Senate doesn’t convict it does not mean this exercise is a failure. It’s important for the electorate voting in 2020 to see where their elected representatives stand, and it’s important to inform the public regarding the severity of corruption in this administration. Can we let the inquiry and journalists continue to develop facts without the constant “NOTHING MATTERS” refrain?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Buddy, even if the Senate doesn’t convict it does not mean this exercise is a failure. It’s important for the electorate voting in 2020 to see where their elected representatives stand, and it’s important to inform the public regarding the severity of corruption in this administration. Can we let the inquiry and journalists continue to develop facts without the constant “NOTHING MATTERS” refrain?

I KNOW you're not crapping Freddie Mercury, man....

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

hm.  looks like 8-0 because rehnquist recused himself.

Isn't that the same court that decided Roe v Wade 7-2?  Times have changed.  

But I agree with kevwun...Roberts would likely be the deciding vote, and I think he would side with the Dems...aka the Law

20 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Until I see proof otherwise, yep.  This will end in "ah well, nevertheless".  

Hey, if I'm wrong, it'll be the best plate of crow I've ever had....but, I'm pretty sure the Republicans and AG will absolutely stonewall and deflect their way to victory.  Our checks and balances have failed us miserably. 

Wait! Are you under the impression that Trump might be removed from office by the Senate and Mitch? Where have you been? The only thing that matters, the only thing that has ever mattered is the 2020 election. Get with the program. Trump will only be checked by losing the 2020 election

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jester said:

lol.  So, question.  Mueller report didn't charge Trump with receiving/asking help from Russians because he 1. didn't act 'knowingly and willfully' and 2. proving the value of the information sought would be too difficult.  In other words, he didn't realize his actions were unlawful so he couldn't be charged and the 'value' of that information would be hard to prove up to meet the monetary threshhold.

Fast forward to this.  Admitted to asking another foreign country for help.  Check 1 off the list.  He knows his conduct is unlawful now.  Question seems to be how do you prove up the value of an investigation?  Do you bank on the 361mm foreign aid as the 'value'?  Seems logical.

All of that being said, I realize I'm asking about the orange goblin being indicted.  Conduct is definitely impeachable.  But he needs to rot.

Fingers crossed that Guliani gets his ass indicted and we get a road map.

We might need an Ukraine indictment thread.

He's not going to rot for this. Worst case scenario for him is he ends up being removed from office and Pence pardons him.

This (one) call between Trump and Z was the day after Mueller public testimony and invokes AG Barr.  This is a prosecutor proving murder, dead to rights, and having the Judge spring the murderer on a technicality.  The very next day said murderer attempts it again, is caught red handed, and it turns out the Judge is a friend of the murderer helping to coordinate the next kill.

Bill fucking Barr.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just accept that the only check to trump is the 2020 election and all your negativity crumbles. Mitch and the Senate were never going to remove trump. Why would you pretend otherwise? This isn’t hard and it isn’t terribly complicated

1 minute ago, GW Hayduke said:

Just accept that the only check to trump is the 2020 election and all your negativity crumbles. Mitch and the Senate were never going to remove trump. Why would you pretend otherwise? This isn’t hard and it isn’t terribly complicated

Do you think there won't be massive and unfettered interference in the 2020 election, along with coordinated and relentless disenfranchisement efforts by the GOP?  Just checking.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

Wait! Are you under the impression that Trump might be removed from office by the Senate and Mitch? Where have you been? The only thing that matters, the only thing that has ever mattered is the 2020 election. Get with the program. Trump will only be checked by losing the 2020 election

No, I know the Republican senate would never convict and I do want them on record for being anti-American. 

I'm afraid the Dems will fuck up the election.  It seems like the only time a Dem can win POTUS is when they have an incredibly charismatic candidate like Bill or Obama.  I don't see that in this field but I'll vote for whoever the Dems nominate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Do you think there won't be massive and unfettered interference in the 2020 election, along with coordinated and relentless disenfranchisement efforts by the GOP?  Just checking.

Yeah but it's somewhat reassuring they still have to commit international crimes with foreign governments to be competitive. 

It means they believe there's a real possibility they could lose and it's not completely rigged. 

(pours gasoline all over body, lights match)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Of course! That is an irrelevant take. 

The 2020 election is the check on trump. Get with the program. It isn’t complicated

11 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

No, I know the Republican senate would never convict and I do want them on record for being anti-American. 

I'm afraid the Dems will fuck up the election.  It seems like the only time a Dem can win POTUS is when they have an incredibly charismatic candidate like Bill or Obama.  I don't see that in this field but I'll vote for whoever the Dems nominate. 

So dump the doom and gloom stuff. 2020 is the check on trump. 

Everything that is happening, impeachment inquiry, WB reports, congressional testimonies, investigations only matter in how they increase the potential of trump losing in 2020. 

Edited by GW Hayduke