What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

Everyone was so excited to read it that they glossed right over the header: "Memorandum of Telephone Conversation." Even the headline of CNN is calling it a transcript. This document is useless.

I really wish everyone would stop using transcript.  It's just notes from people protecting Trump.

18 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

trump reminds me so often of the buffoon president from "clear and present danger".  there's a part where he's on the phone with jack ryan when he's down in colombia, and he's like, "oh, johnson went to school with someone in their government, johnson's coming down." (paraphrasing from memory).  and johnson is just sitting there like, ok, i guess i'm going to another country to do a job i'm not trained or qualified for, sure, sounds good.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Until I see proof otherwise, yep.  This will end in "ah well, nevertheless".  

Hey, if I'm wrong, it'll be the best plate of crow I've ever had....but, I'm pretty sure the Republicans and AG will absolutely stonewall and deflect their way to victory.  Our checks and balances have failed us miserably. 

this is correct.  in a few weeks, this whistleblower complaint will be in everyone's rear view mirror, with nothing of consequence having been done about it.  everyone will then be hyper-focused on Trump's next act (or acts) of treason, which will have the full support of 100% of Republicans, and which will have no meaningful consequences.   folks just need to prepare themselves for that reality.   this will be stonewalled, covered up, and nothing will come of this.  

• Like 2

this is correct.  in a few weeks, this whistleblower complaint will be in everyone's rear view mirror, with nothing of consequence having been done about it.  everyone will then be hyper-focused on Trump's next act (or acts) of treason, which will have the full support of 100% of Republicans, and which will have no meaningful consequences.   folks just need to prepare themselves for that reality.   this will be stonewalled, covered up, and nothing will come of this.  

QFT.

3 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Of course. The election isn’t until November 3, 2020. That is the only possible check on trump. I hope people aren’t surprised by that reality. That has always been the case. 

The only positive that can come from this WB report is that it damages trump and the GOP enough that it decreases their 2020 chances 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Is the whistleblower attractive?  I think whether or not majority of the country would or wouldn't bang the whistleblower will be pivotal.  History will frown on a gross whistleblower.

Your point stands, but didn't Trump call the whistleblower "he" or "him"?

Kinda unprofessional of Barr to respond to the IG report with "I have a whistle your mom can blow."  That regrettable level of discourse is concerning.  We need to forget about all of this crazy Ukraine stuff and just focus on civility.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Good on the Trump appointed IG Atkinson.  DOJ determining NOT to open an investigation is an act in and of itself.  

Recall the AAG and head of the DOJ Criminal Div is Brian A. Benczkowski.  He's the guy whose nomination raised eyebrows on account he was actively representing Russia's Alfa Bank as recently as early 2017 after Trump took office.