What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Seriously?

-- Trump blocks aid that was on the way

-- Trump says you know, we do a lot for you financially.  I'm not saying it has to be reciprocal, but... I do have a favor to ask 

-- Trump says, it would be great if you investigated the server and Biden's involvement in the investigation.  Will you talk to Barr and Rudy? 

-- Zelensky says yes

-- Trump says great, I have a feeling your economy will be improving very soon. 

That's about as clear cut as it gets.  And that's just from a sanitized transcript of one call in a series of transactions reportedly detailed in the whistleblower complaint. 

Trump is not allowed to ask foreign governments for anything that is for his own personal gain.  I have no doubt that the aid money was the carrot, but it doesn't matter.  He asked them to investigate Biden's son.  That broke the law.  Don't let anyone try to equivocate on it.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

That's about as clear cut as it gets.  And that's just from a sanitized transcript of one call in a series of transactions reportedly detailed in the whistleblower complaint. 

I wouldn't characterize that exchange as a "promise", but that's just my interpretation.  Agree, that we need to see the full WB complaint. 

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Trump is not allowed to ask foreign governments for anything that is for his own personal gain.  I have no doubt that the aid money was the carrot, but it doesn't matter.  He asked them to investigate Biden's son.  That broke the law.  Don't let anyone try to equivocate on it.

No question.   This is almost overboard as to how bad it is.   Just one or two elements is impeachable.  Let alone the whole combination of events. 

• Like 1

Notice Zelenskiy asks about the need stricter enforcement of sanctions against Russia, and makes a request for more Javelins in their hot war with Russia.  The very next thing Trump does is start his corrupt requests of Zelenskiy.

fwiw, Z appears to be on the up n up.  Z's comments on sanctions against Russia, Javelin request, and sidestepping the prosecutor issue Trump pressed him on support that.

5 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Reality is what they say it is.  The hurricane is going to hit Alabama.  Biggest crowds ever at the inauguration.  The transcript completely exonerates trump and shows a perfect, beautiful conversation.  The sky is purple. Whatever.   What it actually says makes no difference anymore.

This guy gets it.

The "transcript" (it's not even that) isn't enough.  Not even close.  The bar has been raised impossibly high.  We don't just need a smoking gun -- we need video, from 27 angles, showing Trump firing the gun, slow-motion breakdown of the bullet, Matrix-style, hitting the victim in the face in the middle of 5th avenue, Trump walking up to the camera afterwards saying "I did that, me, Donald Trump!" and then showing his passport to prove it......and he'd still walk.  Because GOP Senate.

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

That "transcript" reads like the dotard dictated it.  They both speak the exact same way.  It's like the dotard is talking to himself.

I thought the same thing but figured anyone with an average IQ knows how to manipulate Trump by parroting his nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Whats the thing about Ukraine, the server and Crowdstrike?  Where the fuck did that come from?

Sounds like it has something to do with the Russia investigation.

Quote from "transcript":

I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible. 

I only vaguely recall mention of Crowdstrike. According to Wiki:

CrowdStrike was co-founded by George Kurtz (CEO),[5][6] Dmitri Alperovitch (CTO),[7] and Gregg Marston (CFO, retired) in 2011.[8][9] In 2012, Shawn Henry, a former Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) executive who led both the FBI's criminal and cyber divisions, was hired to lead sister company CrowdStrike Services, Inc., which focused on proactive and incident response services.[10] In June 2013, the company launched its first product, CrowdStrike Falcon.[11] The company became known for providing threat intelligence and attribution to nation state actors[12] that are conducting economic espionage and IP theft.[13]

CrowdStrike helped investigate the Democratic National Committee cyber attacks and connected those attacks to Russian intelligence services. On March 20, 2017 during testimony before congress, James Comey stated "CrowdStrike, Mandiant, and ThreatConnect review[ed] the evidence of the hack and conclude[d] with high certainty that it was the work of APT 28 and APT 29 who are known to be Russian intelligence services."[48]

So, is he asking the Ukrainian president to investigate Crowdstrike due to its participation in the earlier Russia hacking investigation? He clearly has the "collusion" investigation top of mind since he mentions Mueller.

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

Quid pro quo doesn't matter in this case.  It is illegal for the President to ask another foreign leader to investigate his political rival.

Hell, it's wrong for a president to do to any American citizen.  Wtf is the US president doing throwing a citizen to the wolves in Ukraine?? 

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

Notice Zelenskiy asks about the need stricter enforcement of sanctions against Russia, and makes a request for more Javelins in their hot war with Russia.  The very next thing Trump does is start his corrupt requests of Zelenskiy.

fwiw, Z appears to be on the up n up.  Z's comments on sanctions against Russia, Javelin request, and sidestepping the prosecutor issue Trump pressed him on support that.

EVERYONE appears "on the up and up" compared with Trump.  That bar is really fucking low.  But I agree, Z was clean at least on this call.  Shit, because even if he IS crooked, he knows not to fucking lay out the plan on a phone call that a jillion people are listening in on.....

tenor.gif?itemid=13565417

• Like 7

Let's assume for a moment Bill Barr was given a heads up prior to the call.

How would you, Bill Barr, like the idea of the President tossing your name to a foreign dignitary and casually asking that person to reach out to the AG to handle an investigation of a potential political rival?

Edited by Francisco 2.0

In July, Trump orders withholding ~$400m in military aid to Ukraine.  Then a few days later in a call with that President, that isn't mentioned.  Instead Trump mentions how happy he is that the President recently had a victory in their parliament elections, and that a new prosecutor is needed to investigate Biden's son.  

Why in the world would the Ukraine president even believe for a second that making Trump happy would lead to the release of those funds?

Trump doesn't come from a world where you spell out do this illegal thing and I will do this in return. Or at the very least, you don't do that while others are listening. However the people listening to Trump now are extremely smart and whose world revolves around understanding the hidden meaning of every conversation. For them, Trump was offering a quid pro quo

Apparently, Barr had no idea Trump name-dropped him in the phone call:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/25/us/politics/ukraine-transcript-trump.html

The Justice Department said Wednesday that Mr. Barr was unaware that Mr. Trump had told Mr. Zelensky that he would contact him. The department said that Mr. Barr has never spoken with Mr. Trump about working with Ukraine to investigate anything related to the Bidens and that he has never spoken with Mr. Giuliani about “anything related to Ukraine.”

18 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Reality is what they say it is.  The hurricane is going to hit Alabama.  Biggest crowds ever at the inauguration.  The transcript completely exonerates trump and shows a perfect, beautiful conversation.  The sky is purple. Whatever.   What it actually says makes no difference anymore.

11 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

So Barr has to be impeached and also indicted along with Rudy, right?  Oh, I forgot, nothing matters anymore.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Sounds like it has something to do with the Russia investigation.

Quote from "transcript":

I only vaguely recall mention of Crowdstrike. According to Wiki:

So, is he asking the Ukrainian president to investigate Crowdstrike due to its participation in the earlier Russia hacking investigation? He clearly has the "collusion" investigation top of mind since he mentions Mueller.

Yeah, I am aware of CS's role in the forensics on the DNC server.  What I am unaware of is that there was a link to Ukraine and that the President thinks that the server is under the control of the Ukrainians. 

Strange how Giuliani has turned from a US attorney and later mayor to basically a fixer for a criminal. I suppose he got too close to the extremely rich life and he has to keep finding methods to earn big bucks.

He looks to be someone that will eventually fall (or has fallen) into the trap of breaking the law and spending some time in prison. I don't think his mind is able to avoid traps like it probably once was able.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Strange how Giuliani has turned from a US attorney and later mayor to basically a fixer for a criminal. I suppose he got too close to the extremely rich life and he has to keep finding methods to earn big bucks.

He looks to be someone that will eventually fall (or has fallen) into the trap of breaking the law and spending some time in prison. I don't think his mind is able to avoid traps like it probably once was able.

Giuliani is being perfectly set up as the fall guy.  It's kind of sad that he doesn't realize it yet.  LOL jk, fuck him.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Gee, imagine that:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/office-legal-counsel-dni-whistleblower-complaint-not-release-congress

In a new opinion, the Department of Justice’s Office of Legal Counsel declared the director of national intelligence does not have to release the contents of whistleblower complaint that centers on President Trump’s call with Ukraine to Congress.

The OLC argues that the conduct described in the complaint does not involve an “urgent concern” as the intelligence community inspector general described it. The OLC said it made that determination because it “does not relate to ‘the funding administration, or operation of an intelligence activity’ under the authority of the Director of National Intelligence.”

“As a result, the statute does not require the Director to transmit the complaint to the congressional intelligence committees,” the opinion reads.

The content of the whistleblower complaint has fueled an explosive tug-of-war between the House Intelligence Committee and the White House in recent days. The complaint reportedly focuses on Trump’s alleged efforts to get the Ukrainian government to dig up dirt on his political opponent — former Vice President Joe Biden. Trump reportedly withheld nearly $400 million from Ukraine in the week leading up to the phone call with the Ukrainian president.

The complaint and the call with Ukrainian President Volodymr Zelensky are now at the center of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry. The director of national intelligence is set to testify before the House Intelligence Committee on Thursday. The White House released its version of the call between Trump and Zelensky on Wednesday morning.

Is this how military coups happen in third world countries? Leader is corrupt and commits treason, his majority party refuses to hold him accountable, so the people who are in physical possession of the weapons say, "fuck you traitor, I'm the captain now"?

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, I am aware of CS's role in the forensics on the DNC server.  What I am unaware of is that there was a link to Ukraine and that the President thinks that the server is under the control of the Ukrainians. 

Yeah, I have no idea and was just trying to be helpful because I didn't understand the reference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Do we know where the DNC server was physically located?

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Is this how military coups happen in third world countries? Leader is corrupt and commits treason, his majority party refuses to hold him accountable, so the people who are in physical possession of the weapons say, "fuck you traitor, I'm the captain now"?

Except the military has by and large drunk the kool aid here.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Do we know where the DNC server was physically located?

Not too many can grasp the idea the "server" may have been in multiple countries simultaneously (thanks cloud!).  Someone probably said Ukraine at one time, and in the minds of the Infowars crowd/modern day GOP/MAGA mindspeak, that's all that was needed.

I seriously doubt the DNC housed their stuff in Ukraine.

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Giuliani is and always has been nothing but a self-aggrandizing fuckwit.  

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Told you fuckers.  Just.  Stop.  Hoping.  The Rule of Law is over.  Hail to the hereditary reign of Il Douche!

The whistleblower has the complaint.  It would be an extraordinarily unselfish act to turn it over, but sometimes these things happen.