What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Maybe the Republicans WILL save us!

My take: this is because some swing state Dems are saying the refusal to release the report necessitates an impeachment inquiry. McConnell doesn’t want the ultimate impeachment vote in the house to have unanimous Dem support 

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

McConnell sees the writing on the wall. He's getting ahead of this as much as he possibly can + try to get some daylight between he and Trump.

I'd say at this point, he's looking more at covering his ass for November 2020 and hopefully keeping the Senate with the GOP rather than running interference for Trump.

Disagree.  It's pacifying subterfuge though I can't yet tell you what flavor.  Mitch is all in with Trump.  

1 minute ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Disagree.  It's pacifying subterfuge though I can't yet tell you what flavor.  Mitch is all in with Trump.  

Mitch is a pure politician.  Trump isn't.  Mitch will sacrifice Trump in an attempt to cover his ass.

Don't forget; these fuckers all are only interested in the next election.  If this thing gets uber-ugly for Trump, Mitch sure as hell doesn't want voters to be reminded of their alliance in the good days.  

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Mitch is a pure politician.  Trump isn't.  Mitch will sacrifice Trump in an attempt to cover his ass.

Don't forget; these fuckers all are only interested in the next election.  If this thing gets uber-ugly for Trump, Mitch sure as hell doesn't want voters to be reminded of their alliance in the good days.  

Usually I'd agree but Trump laid out a unique buffet of lawlessness and opportunity.  GOP leaders filled themselves at the trough.  They've been operating like there's no tomorrow, not like pols who will one day be accountable to voters.  

• Like 1

Usually I'd agree but Trump laid out a unique buffet of lawlessness and opportunity.  GOP leaders filled themselves at the trough.  They've been operating like there's no tomorrow, not like pols who will one day be accountable to voters.  

You might be right.

I'm still of the opinion Mitch will make some kind of futile effort in order to get on the right side of history here.   

Also I don't see a way the Turtle keeps any kind of power without Trump's base. Many many people in his base hate Mitch and would happily side with Trump no matter what. 

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You might be right.

I'm still of the opinion Mitch will make some kind of futile effort in order to get on the right side of history here.   

If so, it was impressively fast.  I think that takes the denial, anger, bargaining, whatever, whatever, acceptance thing, which would have taken more time.  Acting this fast sounds like he is still working for his team, and not working on something that looks like he is on the other side as his team.  

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

While that would be cool, just operating a flame thrower in lieu of a guitar-flame thrower combo would be good enough.

you don't get it. I'm a pacifist. not that I wouldn't kill a motherfucker if it came down to it - and there are plenty of times the thought has risen - there's just better uses of my time

15 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

kilgore trout though thinking you might be right.

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you don't get it. I'm a pacifist. not that I wouldn't kill a motherfucker if it came down to it - and there are plenty of times the thought has risen - there's just better uses of my time

Plus, even post-apocalyptic chicks will dig musicians.

Charlize is mine, though.

Wonder what new bombshells will come out in the coming days, since a bunch of shit is happening at warp speed now?

Barely 10 days ago, no one had any idea of this coming down the pike. Odds are someone or some group is going to get emboldened enough to leak out something that makes this Ukraine stuff seem quaint.

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Wonder what new bombshells will come out in the coming days, since a bunch of shit is happening at warp speed now?

Barely 10 days ago, no one had any idea of this coming down the pike. Odds are someone or some group is going to get emboldened enough to leak out something that makes this Ukraine stuff seem quaint.

Yeah, if anyone's got anything, now's the time to bring it out. 

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

yep.  aged powder. extra dry.  packs a punch.

Today has been a long month.
  • Like 1

I'd say the whole Senate bill deal means one of two things:

1) The whistleblower complaint does not have legs to it and Mitch knows that and this will embarrass the media and Democrats. 

2) Trump is fucked. 

If I know Mitch like I think I know him, I'd have to think it would be closer to 1. 

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What this tells me....is that the WB complaint is a nothing.

The GOP wouldn't vote to release something harmful.  And rest assured, the GOP leadership has all seen it already.

Similar train of thought......

The WB complaint is something and it was all going to come out Thursday regardless one way or the other.  So when Schumer suggests this measure, go along with it because then you can say - I've now read the WB complaint - Nothing burger - he shouldn't be impeached.  I thought there would be more/etc.  (Maybe even WB didn't have first hand knowledge - what a political hit job)

I think it's unlikely Trump said on the "public" recordings already approved congressional aid for investigation.  He likely just said - stamp out corruption - look into Biden, etc.  Then he tasked Rudy to go there and deliver the Aid for investigation demand in person.  Why else is he dispatching Rudy?  Everyone will 100% excuse and ignore and justify the fact that Trump released the aid last week when this story started gaining traction though.

So IMHO - they think they can win the argument.  They think they have the American public on the proposition that it's OK for the President to ask a foreign government to open an investigation of a political opponent or their family.  They think they can defend the timing of the aid being provided last week and make the story about Biden attempts to influence Ukraine when he was VP to not investigate.

Anyone thinking Mitch grew a spine or grew a heart or is somehow doing the right thing for 'Merica has not been paying attention.  He knows he wins the argument if he lets it all play out.  Either because the WB complaint is nothing or because they think they win the debate/argument or maybe because Trump is dead in the water and its worse than anyone knows so best to jump ship now.  So yeah, put me down in the they think they win the argument column.

Edited by deech

4 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I'd say the whole Senate bill deal means one of two things:

1) The whistleblower complaint does not have legs to it and Mitch knows that and this will embarrass the media and Democrats. 

2) Trump is fucked. 

If I know Mitch like I think I know him, I'd have to think it would be closer to 1. 

Have we seen a Twitter tantrum from Trump?  The latest never that takes rather more 1 seems likely. 

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What this tells me....is that the WB complaint is a nothing.

The GOP wouldn't vote to release something harmful.  And rest assured, the GOP leadership has all seen it already.

It's a win/win. Either it is nothing and impeachment goes nowhere... Or it is devastating and they can say that they were an integral part to getting this massive violation to Congress for action.