The Rock is an awesome movie

Baboontyme

My wife has the entire movie memorized.  We were in Munich for Oktoberfest and had a couple channels at the hotel.  One was showing The Rock, dubbed in German.  She translated it for a good 20 minutes with decent accents. Was fantastic.

1 hour ago, Wild Bill said:

I'll take pleasure in guttin' you, boy!

"I'd take pleasure in guttin' you ... BOY."

"I'll take pleasure in guttin' you ... BOY."

What is wrong with these people, huh? Mason? Don't you think there's a lot of, uh, a lot of anger flowing around this island? Kind of a pubescent volatility? Don't you think? A lotta angst, a lot of "um ... I'm sixteen, I'm angry at my father" syndrome? I mean grow up! We're stuck on an island with a bunch of violence-for-pleasure-seeking psycophatic marines. SHAME! ON! THEM!

Listen, I think we got started off on the wrong foot. Stan Goodspeed, FBl. Uh - Let's talk music. Do you like the Elton John song, "Rocket Man"?

I don't like soft-ass shit.

Oh, you - Oh, oh. Oh. Well, I only bring it up because, uh, it's you. You're the Rocket Man.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

My wife has the entire movie memorized.  We were in Munich for Oktoberfest and had a couple channels at the hotel.  One was showing The Rock, dubbed in German.  She translated it for a good 20 minutes with decent accents. Was fantastic.

You chose...wisely.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

That's awesome.  On our honeymoon in Munich we caught Independence Day at the hotel in German.  That was funny!

The car chase is so much fun! Hans Zimmer did a great job with the soundtrack, but parts of it sound like they were borrowed for the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack (also Hans but a few years later).  I love how they make everything so ridiculous, and use of the city of San Francisco so well. Incorporating the trolley, the wheelchair basketball guys, hitting the water jug truck, ending at the Exploratorium, it's all great. The characters are generally caricatures, but it works well. Gay barber guy, German Jay Leno, surfer dude on a bike, all the FBI agents eating food while their boss is hanging from the side of the building, and Nic Cage being Nic Cage. This movie never gets old for me. 

22 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

The car chase is so much fun! Hans Zimmer did a great job with the soundtrack, but parts of it sound like they were borrowed for the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack (also Hans but a few years later).  I love how they make everything so ridiculous, and use of the city of San Francisco so well. Incorporating the trolley, the wheelchair basketball guys, hitting the water jug truck, ending at the Exploratorium, it's all great. The characters are generally caricatures, but it works well. Gay barber guy, German Jay Leno, surfer dude on a bike, all the FBI agents eating food while their boss is hanging from the side of the building, and Nic Cage being Nic Cage. This movie never gets old for me. 

Having never used a cel phone, how did he know how to call information?  How did he know his way around SF so well?

• 2 weeks later...