Nine years ago today

Sbbruin

Interesting note. The Wednesday prior to this game, we announced the home and home with Maryland for 2017-2018. 
https://texassports.com/news/2010/9/22/092210aad_810.aspx
Then UCLA happened following shit season after shit season. Since the last Maryland game, we seem to have turned a corner.  
TL;DR: DONT FUCKING SCHEDULE MARYLAND.
e0057eedb0e5d5768f6c731c6fc709a8.jpg

Got kicked out bc some old cunt saw me and a buddy passing a flask back and forth. Also probably had something to do with the 100s of “God fucking dammits” that I screamed at the top of my lungs during the first half (I think maybe there were some Mormons seated nearby).  

Honestly not a bad game to get booted from. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Got kicked out bc some old cunt saw me and a buddy passing a flask back and forth. Also probably had something to do with the 100s of “God fucking dammits” that I screamed at the top of my lungs during the first half (I think maybe there were some Mormons seated nearby).  

Honestly not a bad game to get booted from. 

spacer.png

but man, that day was definitely clawing off the bandages and revealing Mack Brown Texas Football for what it had become-- it wasn't hard to see that 3-0 start for the mirage it was, but it was hard to believe we'd already won 60% of the games we were going to win all year

jesus man TMI! TMI! TMI!

we don't fucking care what kind of weird ass shit makes your tiny aggy hampsterpenis get flaccid or erect.

"it wasn't hard"

"it was hard"

WE DON'T GIVE A RATS ASS ABOUT YOUR tiny aggy wang.

keep that shit in the MSC glory holes where it belongs.

aa6d70c7bf01cb5f67948478a322758c.gifb669c424ac0b92d64da9c9fba14cce67.gif

I know the whole realignment/joining the Pac isn't of much interest to many Longhorns, but you gotta admit, at least with the LA schools, we have some interesting history with them. I wouldn't mind playing UCLA and USC frequently (preferably every year if we're talking about being in the same conference-- I hate that A&M/Georgia type shit). 

It also has to be a little baffling to BYU anytime they're an underdog against us. They absolutely boatraced us twice in the 80s and then twice in the 2010s and we got them by a point, once. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I know the whole realignment/joining the Pac isn't of much interest to many Longhorns, but you gotta admit, at least with the LA schools, we have some interesting history with them. I wouldn't mind playing UCLA and USC frequently (preferably every year if we're talking about being in the same conference-- I hate that A&M/Georgia type shit). 

Take that shit to the realignment thread . . . actually . . . I agree with you.

I had bought a UCLA t-shirt while on their campus the prior spring. Day of the game, I got ready to meet my buddies at the sports bar for the game. Decided to fuck with them and wore the UCLA shirt. I show up, we all talk shit and then start watching the game.

As the futility ensues, we all start mocking the stupid GD/Mack Brown shit on the field. Some UT fan a few tables away from us, perhaps @Mach 1 , according to this thread, takes exception to what he perceives to be my UCLA arrogance and starts cussing and shouting at me across the restaurant. I was stunned, my buddies start laughing, and then I shouted “scoreboard, motherfucker!” as I pointed to the screens. Dude sits back down and then comes over after the game to apologize for getting mad. @SydneyCarton and others shake their heads in disbelief. 

Anyway, that’s my silver lining. We fucking flew a banner later that season and the UCLA t-shirt absurdity may be my favorite troll from that year. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I had bought a UCLA t-shirt while on their campus the prior spring. Day of the game, I got ready to meet my buddies at the sports bar for the game. Decided to fuck with them and wore the UCLA shirt. I show up, we all talk shit and then start watching the game.

As the futility ensues, we all start mocking the stupid GD/Mack Brown shit on the field. Some UT fan a few tables away from us, perhaps @Mach 1 , according to this thread, takes exception to what he perceives to be my UCLA arrogance and starts cussing and shouting at me across the restaurant. I was stunned, my buddies start laughing, and then I shouted “scoreboard, motherfucker!” as I pointed to the screens. Dude sits back down and then comes over after the game to apologize for getting mad. @SydneyCarton and others shake their heads in disbelief. 

Anyway, that’s my silver lining. We fucking flew a banner later that season and the UCLA t-shirt absurdity may be my favorite troll from that year. 

Jesus that was fucking unbelievable. And then you attempted to explain to him when he sheepishly came over later to apologize for his behavior and he wasn’t having any of it. 

I wish I had a picture of it, but I was one of the "sad fans" the TV camera zoomed in on that day. I was leaning against the rail in front of my seat (Yea, front row humble brag) with a disgusted look on my face, and all of a sudden my phone started literally blowing up with "DUDE you were just on TV for like 30 seconds" text messages. Then on Monday, I had people in my classes whom I'd never spoken to before saying "Hey I saw you on TV Saturday!". Good times.  

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Well it helps when your offensive line is garbage and you try to implement a power running scheme.

I may be in the minority, but I think that if Mack just sleepwalked through the 2010 season and let Greg Davis run the same offense he had in the several years prior, we probably would've eked out 7-9 wins. 

8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I may be in the minority, but I think that if Mack just sleepwalked through the 2010 season and let Greg Davis run the same offense he had in the several years prior, we probably would've eked out 7-9 wins. 

I agree. Gilbert's skill set was executing that offense. 

Edited by Valmy77

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That's pretty funny.  The guys I yelled at were also wearing jerseys, but it couldn't have been me as I didn't apologize for anything.  I just exited stage left like lunatic.

Embarrassing in retrospect.  I guess the game was a shock to my system after getting used to kicking ass in the preceding years.  Turns out the game was the canary in the coal mine.