austin radio stuff

hayden_horn

26 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Tremendous!

I had no idea that guy was still around.

I mean, I don't think I've heard a second of him since he was last on the Austin airwaves what....5 years ago? Ten? If he's still regurgitating the same schtick then I guess give the dude his props for making a living saying absolutely nothing while repeating the same old tired tropes for the past 25 years. Good work if you can get it.

22 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
22 hours ago, Deej said:
Jim Rome is almost 60 and still acts like that.

Don't you clones come in with your weak takes. No one wants to hear your lame "ARRSEE". Come strong, clones, and you may make it to the Smack Off. Rack him

Duke is Duke…. They’re on tv… more than… Leave It to Beavahhh…. Reruns! (Seriously been 20 years since I listened to Romey)

On 8/19/2023 at 4:55 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I had Hogan and Babers on in the office on Wednesday.  I got distracted by work and didn't realize it was 11 AM and their show was over.  All of a sudden I had Iggy Pop and Jim Rome's dumb ass blaring at me -- holy smokes, I had forgotten how utterly banal and annoying that guy is.  

Rod Babers was on "On Texas Football" livestream tonight (Sunday) on YouTube.  On Texas Football is gonna do other shows with Babers during the football season. 

Rod is gonna do the YouTube livestream show with Bobby Burton immediately after Texas football games again this season.

They mentioned Babers radio show on HornFM 101.9 in the mornings, but did talk about Rod's afternoon gig with Orangebloods ("Rodcast" YouTube).

I'm wondering if Babers has quit the Orangebloods gig ?? 🤔

On 8/19/2023 at 6:07 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:
On 8/19/2023 at 5:24 PM, Deej said:
Jim Rome is almost 60 and still acts like that.

Don't you clones come in with your weak takes. No one wants to hear your lame "ARRSEE". Come strong, clones, and you may make it to the Smack Off. Rack him

You aren't Terrence in Sierra Madre.  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Rod Babers was on "On Texas Football" livestream tonight (Sunday) on YouTube.  On Texas Football is gonna do other shows with Babers during the football season. 

Rod is gonna do the YouTube livestream show with Bobby Burton immediately after Texas football games again this season.

They mentioned Babers radio show on HornFM 101.9 in the mornings, but did talk about Rod's afternoon gig with Orangebloods ("Rodcast" YouTube).

I'm wondering if Babers has quit the Orangebloods gig ?? 🤔

Rod isn't on the show today, you might be right.

29 minutes ago, Topper13 said:

Rod isn't on the show today, you might be right.

Makes sense... On this morning's livestream, Bobby Burton really promoted 3 or 4 different things that Babers will be doing with "On Texas Football" youtube going forward. 

5 hours on live morning radio HornFM, and then 2-3 hours live afternoon for Orangebloods just did not make sense for Babers.

Babers and his wife are expecting a baby in early October too.  

Edited by LTtxfan

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is Chip Brown already off ESPN?

Yes, he does a show with Isaiah Collier on the Texas Sports Unfiltered.  And starting next week, they also have a one hour show with Mike Hardge!  So basically everybody fired from or left the horn in the last couple of years are part of that thing.  Bold strategy...

Edit to add: Chip was replaced by Jason Dick on ESPN (102.7)

Edited by PantsTent

1 hour ago, Deej said:

101.9 only comes in from Pflugerville and North. Tower must be in Jarrell. Next tornado takes them out. 

That’s one reason the BK network on Youtube might have a shot. It’s decent quality Austin sports talk with dudes who are good at it- plus a couple of annoying tools.

If enough of the olds figure out the subscribe button and their bluetooth settings, the Texas Sports Unfiltered thing could catch on. BK, Bucky and Kevin Dunn are solid on air.

If they can pick up their subscriber #s and keep adding sponsors through football season, who knows what they can turn it into? There’s literally nothing on the traditional radio signals to listen to in Austin. 

17 hours ago, Deej said:

You lost me at Bucky is solid on air. 

Bucky as the second banana is fine. Seems odd to hack on a guy who only stays in radio so he can have a platform to raise $$$$$ to help the abused girls home with his golf tournament, but we all have our tastes and non-negotiables. He’s funny enough on-air, imo.

Listened to the KLBJ post game yesterday. With Ed Clements…and his son Ben. A real all-star lineup.
At one point, they’re talking about this week’s UH uniforms, with Columbia blue, and Ben keeps referring to them as “a montage to the Houston Oilers.”
I was confused for a good 10 minutes until it clicked that he was trying to say “homage,” but he didn’t have the vocabulary. It was a truly worthless listen my whole drive home from the game (till I switched over to play some Tom Petty, which I enjoyed).

• Haha 3

On 9/2/2023 at 7:26 PM, Lou Loomis said:

That’s one reason the BK network on Youtube might have a shot. It’s decent quality Austin sports talk with dudes who are good at it- plus a couple of annoying tools.

If enough of the olds figure out the subscribe button and their bluetooth settings, the Texas Sports Unfiltered thing could catch on. BK, Bucky and Kevin Dunn are solid on air.

If they can pick up their subscriber #s and keep adding sponsors through football season, who knows what they can turn it into? There’s literally nothing on the traditional radio signals to listen to in Austin. 

There's enough people who have made the switch from drive time radio to podcasts, but they won't be olds. It will be 30s-40s people who want to hear sports talk radio focused on Texas athletics.

man,  I never realized how much I actually paid attention to the after-shows, and the local radio after-action reports. 

I slept in and missed pretty much all of Erin and Rob this morning.  in the past, I would just listen to the rest of the local radio.... not an option unless I download the podcasts later. and I sure as fuck am not listening to the late drive guy 

Im just a fucking dinosaur now