2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

3 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

I think Boban was an absolutely perfect pickup for this team.  Dude is funny as shit, but he gets it done too.  He is one of the most efficient players in the league for his time on the floor, and he’s mature enough that he can help keep these two young euros on a narrow path.  

• Like 1

I was listening to the Simmons Stein podcast. I agree with Stein when he says this year needs to be about figuring how to get KP and Luka working seamlessly. Right now that's not the case. Get that dynamic sorted and then look to add the 3rd piece. I also like the comment about this Mavs team being built around Luka and his generational talents similar how to the Ravens have gone all in on building a team around Lamar Jackson.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This is what I like to see. Destroying shit teams like the shit teams they are. 

Those Knicks games were an aberration. 

Gonna hurt Luka’s stats though. ;) Seriously, good to have everyone well rested going into the next 2 games.  Should be a good measuring stick for us. 

3 fast facts:

1. The Mavs have won by a combined 90 points in their last 2 games. 
2. The Mavs scored their 4th and 5th highest single game (regulation) point totals in franchise history the last 2 games. 
3. Luka hasn’t played in the 4th quarter of either game. 
I am really surprised by #2. Is it just as simple as Luka is the straw that stirs the drink? They are getting good production up and down the roster.

1 minute ago, Dr Fear said:
9 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:
3 fast facts:

1. The Mavs have won by a combined 90 points in their last 2 games. 
2. The Mavs scored their 4th and 5th highest single game (regulation) point totals in franchise history the last 2 games. 
3. Luka hasn’t played in the 4th quarter of either game. 

Read more  

I am really surprised by #2. Is it just as simple as Luka is the straw that stirs the drink? They are getting good production up and down the roster.

I don’t pretend to be an NBA expert but I think it is a few factors:

Pace/scoring is way up the last couple of years. So far in 2019 the Rockets have the 2nd most efficient offense in NBA history the Mavs are 4th best ever and the NETS!!!! are 5th. 

Also, both opponents suck ass. The warriors only had 8 healthy players and 4 of them were more g-league quality than NBA.