4th Democratic Debate - Ohio - CNN

Hugo Stiglitz

46 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

We should elect progressively more soup-brained presidents until we eventually just elect an actual bowl of soup.

I mean, look at this. I'd vote for it.

5300934-soup-png-bowl-of-soup-png-free-t

Yeah, I was listening to this on the way home from work, and although I didn't understand the "pirate" part, the "coupon cutter vs. school teacher" comparison stopped me down pretty hard. 

6 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Steyer brought up climate change.

Does Steyer work out or is he just skinny and a bit leathery?

Maybe he’s leathery from the GLOBAL WARMING. 

Sorry I should have specified REAL candidates. Tulsi Gal-assad and the rich billionaire vanity project don’t count. 

This was the debate Warren needed.  Everyone coming after her with the Republican talking points.  She held her own, didn’t get rattled, and stayed on message.  It wasn’t her best performance but she established herself as the one to beat. 

Pete was playing to low information voters with focus group tested horse shit most of the night.  It probably worked for him but he lost any real progressive base he once had. 

Bernie probably had the strongest performance of the night considering he had a heart attack two weeks ago. This was the night for angry man Bernie to bern. 

This debate might have hurt Biden the most because he seemed irrelevant most of the night and you could tell he was feeling it by the end when he melted down on Warren, which backfired.

Kamala had some good moments and bad moments.  The shot at Warren over Trump’s twitter account was a big swing and a miss.

Amy Klobuchar played the only hand she had by going full bitch and it probably got her into the next debate. She had the best night among the lower tier candidates. 

I love Beto’s passion but he seemed out of his element in this one and never really had much of a defining moment. 

Castro and Booker were there positioning for a VP nod. 

Tom Steyer sounded just like his commercials.

Tulsi dressed and acted like a cult leader as usual. 

Yang was there. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

The people who hated/don’t understand Harris’ twitter beef are pretty much comfortable White People who aren’t the target of Trump’s twitter rants that inspire mass shootings against people of color. 

It absolutely matters. You can’t take one social media to task for spreading fake news and conspiracy theories As long as you get paid and not the other that allows a psychopath to basically tweet out a manifesto template for racists with guns AND push fake news and conspiracy theories. People have had their accounts suspended for way less than inspiring a mass shooter. 

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Didn’t you hear?

Abortion discussion is a waste of time and not a real issue.

Oh sorry I was asking the Democrats in the room, not the President of the Both Sides party who doesn’t understand or care that women’s reproductive rights are under attack at the state level and will be Relitigated by SCOTUS soon enough. 

fuck that dude, in his both sides 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

The people who hated/don’t understand Harris’ twitter beef are pretty much comfortable White People who aren’t the target of Trump’s twitter rants that inspire mass shootings against people of color. 

It absolutely matters. You can’t take one social media to task for spreading fake news and conspiracy theories As long as you get paid and not the other that allows a psychopath to basically tweet out a manifesto template for racists with guns AND push fake news and conspiracy theories. People have had their accounts suspended for way less than inspiring a mass shooter. 

Trump is the president of the United States.  Kicking him off Twitter isn’t going to do a damn thing to stop him from spreading his hate, it could actually make things worse.  I agree Trump should be suspended from Twitter but to go after Warren for her not holding Twitter accountable over Trump’s account is missing the forest for the trees.  Trump being POTUS is the real problem.  Twitter platforming a racist violence inspiring maniac is awful but de-platforming the President of the United States is worse.  

Trump is the problem, not twitter. 

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This was the debate Warren needed.  Everyone coming after her with the Republican talking points.  She held her own, didn’t get rattled, and stayed on message.  It wasn’t her best performance but she established herself as the one to beat. 

Pete was playing to low information voters with focus group tested horse shit most of the night.  It probably worked for him but he lost any real progressive base he once had. 

Bernie probably had the strongest performance of the night considering he had a heart attack two weeks ago. This was the night for angry man Bernie to bern. 

This debate might have hurt Biden the most because he seemed irrelevant most of the night and you could tell he was feeling it by the end when he melted down on Warren, which backfired.

Kamala had some good moments and bad moments.  The shot at Warren over Trump’s twitter account was a big swing and a miss.

Amy Klobuchar played the only hand she had by going full bitch and it probably got her into the next debate. She had the best night among the lower tier candidates. 

I love Beto’s passion but he seemed out of his element in this one and never really had much of a defining moment. 

Castro and Booker were there positioning for a VP nod. 

Tom Steyer sounded just like his commercials.

Tulsi dressed and acted like a cult leader as usual. 

Yang was there. 

Yang had some very good moments. Is he going to win? No, but he continues to prove he is a smart man with good idea and has a future. 

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yang had some very good moments. Is he going to win? No, but he continues to prove he is a smart man with good idea and has a future. 

I dunno, to me he comes off as an opportunistic con man but there’s plenty of evidence to indicate his shtick plays well with voters.  I’ll give you that he’s smart guy with some ideas.  I’m not so sure on his ideas are good tho.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Still all in on Warren. But I did like Booker and Pete’s unity messaging. They were different messages, but both really important to keep in mind.

Thought Beto had his best all-around debate, but he’s still not anywhere close to being a top-tier candidate.

Kamala continues to be a love/hate for me. I really want to like her, but she’s the only one that gives me the gut feeling that I shouldn’t trust her.

Bernie is exactly who he says he is. I like a lot of his ideas, I just don’t think his personality will allow him to accomplish those things.

Biden needs to go. Tulsi needs to be gone months ago. Steyer is a waste of time, as is Yang, Klob, and I guess whoever else I haven’t mentioned

Just now, SquishMitten said:

Still all in on Warren. But I did like Booker and Pete’s unity messaging. They were different messages, but both really important to keep in mind.

Thought Beto had his best all-around debate, but he’s still not anywhere close to being a top-tier candidate.

Kamala continues to be a love/hate for me. I really want to like her, but she’s the only one that gives me the gut feeling that I shouldn’t trust her.

Bernie is exactly who he says he is. I like a lot of his ideas, I just don’t think his personality will allow him to accomplish those things.

Biden needs to go. Tulsi needs to be gone months ago. Steyer is a waste of time, as is Yang, Klob, and I guess whoever else I haven’t mentioned

Well good news - Steyer qualifies for November already!!! 

2 hours ago, Message Board User said:

First comment.  Accurate.

Tony PosnanskiVerified account @tonyposnanski 3h3 hours ago

Replying to @marcorubio

You’re a fucking sack of shit. Last night reminded me that Trump will be voted out by a compassionate candidate who gives a fuck about Americans. Fuck you. You don’t even deserve a bible verse.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yang should get a future administration position dealing with Tech. I really appreciate his position on data privacy which is something that is severely lacking and doesn't get much attention.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Js1 said:

What is the contradiction?   She hasn't called on Facebook to ban Trump's Facebook account either.  Warren's critique concerns paid political campaign advertisements on Facebook, for which the involvement of a Senator and candidate for president is entirely appropriate.    Harris's call for a private website to enforce its terms and conditions to censor particular hateful speech is just a lame political stunt that doesn't have any policy substance.  That's for the company and its consumers and clients to hash out, and presidential candidates have no more relevance to that process than any other citizen. 

A really big mistake made by too many candidates/campaigns is getting caught up in the Twitter-sphere.  This particular corner of social media is not the general Democrat electorate.

Letting Twitter, even subconsciously, dictate any of your primary strategy is amateur hour.  Getting in a sick burn, subtweeting other campaigns, or desperately seeking a viral moment doesn't really help.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

campaigns is getting caught up in the Twitter-sphere. 

We can pretend this shit doesn’t matter much but Trump and Putin kinda proved it actually makes a significant difference when it comes to perception manipulation and shifting public opinion. 

In my opinion, Biden’s lack of a strong digital game is among his biggest liabilities and Bernie/Warren’s strong cyber campaigning is among their biggest assets.  

The game has changed, many voters live online now.  You either connect with them there or someone else will.  

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We can pretend this shit doesn’t matter much but Trump and Putin kinda proved it actually makes a significant difference when it comes to perception manipulation and shifting public opinion. 

In my opinion, Biden’s lack of a strong digital game is among his biggest liabilities and Bernie/Warren’s strong cyber campaigning is among their biggest assets.  

The game has changed, many voters live online now.  You either connect with them there or someone else will.  

You can connect with them, but candidates are literally crafting political strategy based on the echo chamber of Twitter. 

Warren, to her credit, has probably been the best in regards to using Twitter effectively but not getting caught up in the daily shit. 

I saw this morning about Kamala wanting to ban Trump from Twitter and trying to confront Warren. Huge facepalm. You bring that shit up at a primary debate?