Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

So far we've covered condiments, burgers and butts on this page alone. Just need to discuss barbeque and worst TX towns for bingo. 

How about best barbeque in the worst towns? I learned all my BBQ skills while working at Bar B Que Depot in Vidor, TX my junior year of high school. We made some damn good que back then. I'm sure it's still good but I haven't been in 15 years.

Edited by Hmbre97
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Sleep off ugly said:

I’ve been following this ridiculous thread for days. Fuck it. Team night crew. I think Thujone may be correct. Something is stirring.

anyway here’s some tits-bae titty gun GIF

No offense to Thujone, but if you've been following for days, you know we've been saying something is stirring since Monday, and catching all kinds of shit for it. Chip's story never made sense.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, wood said:

No offense to Thujone, but if you've been following for days, you know we've been saying something is stirring since Monday, and catching all kinds of shit for it. Chip's story never made sense.

Here's the deal. It may very well not be Urbs. But *something* is going on in our football program. Here's to wait and see.

4 minutes ago, wood said:

Agreed especially with the silence that has followed since...throw in no press conference or rewind for Herman and there is definitely SOMETHING...

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

@alphahorn and whoever else thinks they know things, is there any reason for tom herman to not be fired this weekend?  And is there any reason to not have a new coach before early signing day?

I don't know shit, but speculation is Urban, if he were to accept the job, wouldn't do so until (at earliest) the weekend of the 19th after conference championship games are played and his Fox contract expires or (at latest) after tOSU has wrapped up any playoff run, which could extent to the CFP final on January 11th. 

Assuming one agrees with that, question is really whether you have Herman or no head coach in place come NSD 1. 

Edited by derpyhorndog
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

@alphahorn and whoever else thinks they know things, is there any reason for tom herman to not be fired this weekend?  And is there any reason to not have a new coach before early signing day?

I dont know shit,  but I don't think ESD means shit to urban. He's going to get whatever he needs whenever he wants. And I honestly don't think urban will take the job before osu is eliminated from the playoffs. 

If Tommy boy isn't fired Saturday or Sunday I think that means either urban is locked up or Herman will be back in 2021. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

I don't know shit, but speculation is Urban, if he were to accept the job, wouldn't do so until (at earliest) the weekend of the 19th after conference championship games are played and his Fox contract expires or (at latest) after tOSU has wrapped up any playoff run, which could extent to the CFP final on January 11th. 

Assuming one agrees with that, question is really whether you have Herman or no head coach in place come NSD 1. 

Glad to see you survived your DM encounter with CTJ.

Nightshift GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

So far we've covered condiments, burgers and butts on this page alone. Just need to discuss barbeque and worst TX towns for bingo. 

Personally, I don't think we have covered the great mystery of Texas Kolaches. I am sure the Meyers would appreciate pages and pages of information on this under-appreciated old-world transplant to the great state of Texas.

i will start by offering this lob for conversational fodder: https://www.wideopencountry.com/10-best-places-get-incredible-texas-kolaches/

OIP.jpeg

3af31d2730b743c7085d7411b4041a70.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pops said:

Don't disagree. It can never live up to the hype. And the secret menu is retarded. But once you know a few add ons it is a serviceable fast food burger with the freshest toppings around. But the fries. Geezus. It's like they are just fucking with the customers with those fries. 

Every time I ask an Innout fan what so great about it, the go-to response is always about the fresh ingredients, which is weird because many good burger places do the same and make as good or far better burgers.

11 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

Personally, I don't think we have covered the great mystery of Texas Kolaches. I am sure the Meyers would appreciate pages and pages of information on this under-appreciated old-world transplant to the great state of Texas.

i will start by offering this lob for conversational fodder: https://www.wideopencountry.com/10-best-places-get-incredible-texas-kolaches/

OIP.jpeg

Can we call some of these by their proper name, please?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

Pigs in a blanket have a name? Awesome. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Here's the deal. It may very well not be Urbs. But *something* is going on in our football program. Here's to wait and see.

Oh, I'm def in 'wait n see' mode. I think it's gonna be 10 days or more.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

OIP.jpeg

Now you're speaking my language! Being from West, you're fucking up by not going to Village Bakery over Czech Stop. I get it's right off I-35, but Czech Stop is highly overrated.

Edited by Happy Gilmore

14 minutes ago, TexMexBuddha said:

OIP.jpeg

Going solely off of places I've actually had them: Czech Stop > Kolache Shoppe > Hruska's              > Kolache Factory   > Shipley's 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, wood said:

Every time I ask an Innout fan what so great about it, the go-to response is always about the fresh ingredients, which is weird because many good burger places do the same and make as good or far better burgers.

It’s got electrolytes 

12 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Now you're speaking my language! Being from West, you're fucking up by not going to Village Bakery over Czech Stop. I get it's right off I-35, but Czech Stop is highly overrated.

Never been to Village Bakery, but I have heard others talk about it. Kolache Village on Burnet Road, right behind the Dallas Nightclub, had great kolaches and the best day-old deals we would buy on the cheap as kids. Chappell Hill Bakery is good and convenient for my trips to Houston, but I'm not really impressed with anything in Austin now.

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I like Gerik’s, but I’m not from West. 

Gerik's and Village are 1a/1b for me. Hell the Cefco, has some better Kolaches than Czech Stop. The Jalopeno, Cream Chese with Ground Sausage is pretty damn good. West has a pretty good unknown breakfast burrito too but that's a topic for another day. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic