Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Every ounce of my being recoils at the thought of my AC being set to 60.

The progressive commercial is so spot on. I’ve officially become my father.

You know who else reads books about submarines?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

So according to FCB, UT is leaning towards keeping Herman. Urban is leaning towards not coaching. He’s leaning away from Texas.

I’m leaning towards pm’ing my nude album of awesomeness.  

Which of these statements is true? Which is false? Is there even a barometer here? 

Until there is an unequivocal No from UM I tend to believe in all the smoke. And until CDC says “Hey guys! Burn your season tickets! I’m keeping Herman for 2021! Gotta give his new staff a chance to gel. Covid is a rough year to do this!” I will continue to hold out hope that we still have a shot with UM. 

Shame on you, day crew! Shame! Bringing me down man! 

There's only right answer here.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

To add this level of creepiness, she had replies on 10/10 indicating she was shopping at Trader Joe's in Dublin, OH, so she would've flown to Siesta keys sometime between 10/10 and the time of that tweet on10/12, likely 10/11. 

0981ca07d7dcb0e13e99a9c396e73211.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

To add this level of creepiness, she had replies on 10/10 indicating she was shopping at Trader Joe's in Dublin, OH, so she would've flown to Siesta keys sometime between 10/10 and the time of that tweet on10/12, likely 10/11. 

odd, here she is on the 9th talking about Florida, I assuming she's there since she says she "knows" it's not a rule in Florida, I assume because she's there and wearing white like other people

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One thing to remember about the "He loves Ohio State" narrative - it's false. He still has close relationships with the coaches and support staff, and there are some players he likes, but the administration of the school made him the scapegoat to end the Zach Smith scandal, removed him from his role as HC, and did nothing ultimately to shield him from the embarrassment that transpired. I'm not apologizing for the guy, given that I think he was a piece of shit for lying about Smith in the first place, but anyone thinking he's got some sort of lasting affinity for the school, that's bullshit. That's why it's hilarious watching all of the OSU honks talk about how much he loves and respects the school.

Yea I don't think he gives a crap about them.  I think he would take those assistants now if they would go.  I think ohio st adores the guy.  Not urban loving them.  

1 minute ago, Viper said:

odd, here she is on the 9th talking about Florida, I assuming she's there since she says she "knows" it's not a rule in Florida, I assume because she's there and wearing white like other people

I take this to mean she's probably still in Ohio. Per her tweet, wearing white wouldn't be a problem in Florida, so why tweet about it unless she's in Ohio?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Keef said:

You know who else reads books about submarines?

The plumber scene kills me.

’Don’t forget you’re not assisting him. You hired him.’

When my wife and I watched this commercial, she just turned to me and stared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So between 10/09-10/12/2020 Spinner was without Urbs? That’s what I am seeing from the tweets.

I also concur with CtoJ’s opinion about the OSU fandom regarding UM. He’s supposed to sell them his soul? Buy a burial plot on campus? 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

If CDC is as cunning as we hope, he knew last year that at some point he was going to have to fire Tom.  He either lined up a few BMDs to be able to handle the buyout (I'd guess max 3 knew about this plan....and yes, if you are a billionaire you can stake your AD for $10mm so he knows he's got it if needed) or he started building the file to fire Tom for cause/negotiate down the buyout.  Anyone that has worked at a public company knows firing someone takes lots of data points of failure.  I'm going to guess CDC probably started building that file in 2019 (drunken behavior at ACC, dickin' a jewelry maker, blow, etc).  First official reach out to Urban happened the day after the Tech debacle and terms were agreed to in October.  

You're reaching here - CDC let Herman hand out multi year contracts to the new assistants with blind hope that he would turn it around. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

So between 10/09-10/12/2020 Spinner was without Urbs? That’s what I am seeing from the tweets.

I also concur with CtoJ’s opinion about the OSU fandom regarding UM. He’s supposed to sell them his soul? But a burial plot of campus? 

Seems like Shelley is in Siesta Key everytime Urban is negotiating with Texas.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Why does he have to choose?  

That is the hypothetical. I think this whole thing is hypothetical. It goes back to your conjecture that we've got him and he's just biding his time so as not to upset Ohio State's applecart. I mean, I can't prove that's not true, and I hope it is. I just don't think it follows that silence and/or lack of action can be explained away as "he loves Ohio State too much to hurt them" or any variation on that.

Or to say it another way, I don't think that Urban's deep and abiding love for all things Ohio is the most likely explanation for the silence/lack of action. Right now there's no job opening at Texas, so that to me explains it. When there's a job opening here, I would expect a firm answer from Meyer within 48 hours even if that answer is a total lie. Once we have an answer, IF that answer is "he's coming" AND he wants to fill his staff with current Ohio State people, THEN I think his attitude towards Ohio State will be "tough shit". His own offensive coordinator was Houston-bound during the 2014 National Title game. That's just the way the game is played. He's not going to do Ohio State any favors-- they're going to be one of his biggest targets if he takes the job here. He can't afford to be sentimental towards them.

And again, this is Urban Meyer. I'm surprised I even have to opine that sentimentality won't cloud his killer instinct. 

it's all moot anyway, he's not coming.

29 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Recall that  one of the reasons Herman and Urban had a falling out was when Herman was trotting around in Cougar jacket during National Champioship trophy ceremony.  He was already busy putting together his staff and recruiting before the final was even played. This did not sit well with Urban. 

This tells me UM is big on protocols and optics and doing things "the right way". He may not want to be seen  publicly as negotiating for a job that is not even open and may have  asked the UT side to put a lid on any news getting out regarding the negotiations happening. 

This is all conjecture and connecting the dots, but not entirely impossible given what we know.

Not sure about this story above, but the original falling out was also in part due to Herman visiting Saban and Bama after taking the Houston job and explaining their strategy for beating Bama, and telling Kirby that he should get smaller and faster on defense to help stop spread offenses. Urban viewed it as a betrayal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust [DAY CREW GET WOKE]
8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

One thing to remember about the "He loves Ohio State" narrative - it's false. He still has close relationships with the coaches and support staff, and there are some players he likes, but the administration of the school made him the scapegoat to end the Zach Smith scandal, removed him from his role as HC, and did nothing ultimately to shield him from the embarrassment that transpired. I'm not apologizing for the guy, given that I think he was a piece of shit for lying about Smith in the first place, but anyone thinking he's got some sort of lasting affinity for the school, that's bullshit. That's why it's hilarious watching all of the OSU honks talk about how much he loves and respects the school.

Hypothetically speaking, the game scheduled for August 30, 2025 could be fairly intriguing for someone looking for some payback.

37 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Brian Jones on the Ticket this morning indicated he heard Tuesday the Urban Meyer situation is not dead yet.

It never was dead. FCB literally said that Urban "indicated" to Texas that he's "leaning" somewhere. Fuck what Brian Jones is saying, I've been telling you guys this shit for two days since it hit me. 

Maybe Urban kills it on that podcast he's gunna be on today, but until then, this thing was never (publicly) over. 

Edited by UncleBuck

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

I took that she’s asking if it’s a rule in Ohio. Not sure why she’d ask that if she was in Florida since she knows it’s not a rule there. 

It never was dead. FCB literally said that Urban "indicated" to Texas that he's "leaning" somewhere. Fuck what Brian Jones is saying, I've been telling you guys this shit for two days since it hit me. 
Maybe Urban kills it on that podcast he's gunna be on today, but until then, this thing was never (publicly) over. 

Urban isn’t going to say anything on that podcast. He isn’t going to shut the door on an $80 million dollar deal via McTaserface’s podcast.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

Urban isn’t going to say anything on that podcast. He isn’t going to shut the door on an $80 million dollar deal via McTaserface’s podcast.

There's no way this whole ordeal is dead.  There's too much smoke from Belmont, not enough discussions of new coaches via the 9.95ers...it's all head scratching at this point.  We'll find out when the season is over next week some time.

I'm 111% certain that cyber stalking the wife of the coach that has turned us down twice won't at all negatively influence further attempts to change his mind.   Reconstructing several days in her life from months ago and posting it on the web so anyone in the world can see surely can't be creepy and make one wonder what they will do every time coach loses a game...

Is revealing all secrets squirrely?  Or should we go with a No Secrets At All approach?

2 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

Isn’t that the craziest thing. Look I know urban is loaded but 80 mil and a chance at a title at three schools?  Do we smell that bad or is he waiting for Kelly to be caught in a scandal?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

But he wears their shirts...on video!

Just now, clapclapclap said:

I'm 111% certain that cyber stalking the wife of the coach that has turned us down twice won't at all negatively influence further attempts to change his mind.   Reconstructing several days in her life from months ago and posting it on the web so anyone in the world can see surely can't be creepy and make one wonder what they will do every time coach loses a game...

Is revealing all secrets squirrely?  Or should we go with a No Secrets At All approach?

Haha no

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

He and Shelly BOTH lied about the deal with Ohio State in the week leading up to the announcement so at this point a denial on a podcast would mean we're in the final stage. 

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

It is called concerned surveillance 

2 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

I’m fully in this camp.

Gerik's and Village are 1a/1b for me. Hell the Cefco, has some better Kolaches than Czech Stop. The Jalopeno, Cream Chese with Ground Sausage is pretty damn good. West has a pretty good unknown breakfast burrito too but that's a topic for another day. 

First off, I’m 100% Czech so I know what I’m talking about. These are NOT kolaches. Kolaches are FRUIT filled pastries. I’m not saying that I don’t like klobasnikis (meat filled versions), but let’s get the nomenclature correct.
I will agree that The Czech Stop is grossly overrated, but I’m just comparing them to my mom’s, which are the best, hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You're not wrong, but just to play devil's advocate, they still have him onboard as an assistant AD so there's still some relationship there between him and the administration (I have no idea how much he actually does in that role)

9 minutes ago, BrewmanTX said:

First off, I’m 100% Czech so I know what I’m talking about. These are NOT kolaches. Kolaches are FRUIT filled pastries. I’m not saying that I don’t like klobasnikis (meat filled versions), but let’s get the nomenclature correct.
I will agree that The Czech Stop is grossly overrated, but I’m just comparing them to my mom’s, which are the best, hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Surly. This argument (kolaches vs klobasnikis)  comes up 3 or 4 times a year.  Most people are on your side for what it's worth.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic