Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Harsh reality is Herman is the best option after Urban. Luke Fickel??? Come on

So how many coaches do you think can lead UT to the promised land in the next 5 or so years if they were hired by year end?  Urban. Saban, Dabo, Riley, Day, Mullen.  Kelly?  Anyone else? 

Sure, a certain number of coaches won't leave their current jobs for UT, but that list has to be pretty short I'd imagine.  If there are truly less than 10-15 coaches in the country that can win us a national championship given all of the resources (if utilized correctly) we have available at Texas, then we're doomed.  

It sucks Urban hasn't accepted our overtures yet, but I can't fathom Tom is the best option for us next year if we can't land Meyer.  I agree that hiring someone else, Campbell, Fickell, insert name here, is no guarantee.  But it gives us a chance.  And a fresh face and hopefully some sort of shot in the arm for recruiting.  I literally have zero hope of Herman getting us to where we need to be at this point.  And in the meantime, he is actively damaging the program every single day that he stays the head coach because of his lame duck status and inability to recruit right now.  If he couldn't win with the roster this year, good luck in a few years after we have a few more offensive classes like we're about to sign this year.  This is a huge offseason, especially with the transfer portal freebie coming up and the loaded 2022 recruiting class.  And I can't see any reason why Herman should be the one to lead us through it.

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Fuck them.  And fuck you if you believe that. 

They're confusing "best my dumb ass can come up with" with "best remaining option." Just because "you" can't think of anything better, doesn't mean someone else can't. CDC's paid to do it. Do it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Welp, since this glorious thread, and our related hopes & dreams re Urb, will clearly not die...

let's include some new/necessary sidetrack of this bad boy with discussion of one or more of the following:

Filet-O-Fish

Favorite HSB golf course

Chick-Fil-A - spicy v. reg sandwich/pickles or no pickles

DQ Dude

Best hard seltzer...ducks

Best Regards,

Day Crew

• Hook 'Em 1

One more thing to consider.  Urban could come here and if we win, he could hand the fuckkng keys to his son-in-law.
Too much of this makes sense for him to say no.

I don’t know about the son-in-law thing but I keep landing on your last sentence for why I was certain this was going to happen, and still hold out hope.

13 minutes ago, Caddox said:

In T minus 2 hours I will be consuming a McRib to offset the day crew's negativity. Then Im gonna go upper deck an In N Out. 

Hey now the day crew are the sleuths that track flights and are on media cancelation watch. There is no positivity to reap without the day crew. They walked so you could fly!

• Hook 'Em 1

I am choosing to remain optimistic re: Meyer as nothing official has happened. I unfortunately see this dragging out after NSD 1 and going into new calendar year before Herman is let go/new coach named.

I can see where Herman is let go and Ash or someone else coaches bowl game potentially though.

We will see. At the end of the day I would rather try a no head coaching model next year and let Yurchich and Ash run their respective sides of house vs keeping Herman in the role.

29 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

I’m in the camp that Urban has pretty much said yes. He just doesn’t want to disrupt anything dealing with ohio st since they are still in the hunt.

if he was coming here, his attitude towards disrupting Ohio State would be "tough shit". 

His loyalty and deference to Ohio State would end the minute he became responsible for the success of Texas' football program. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I am choosing to remain optimistic re: Meyer as nothing official has happened. I unfortunately see this dragging out after NSD 1 and going into new calendar year before Herman is let go/new coach named.

I can see where Herman is let go and Ash or someone else coaches bowl game potentially though.

We will see. At the end of the day I would rather try a no head coaching model next year and let Yurchich and Ash run their respective sides of house vs keeping Herman in the role.

Herman is done when we hear a Yes from someone. I dont expect to hear a yes from anyone till after 12/19 at the earliest 

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

if he was coming here, his attitude towards disrupting Ohio State would be "tough shit". 

His loyalty and deference to Ohio State would end the minute he became responsible for the success of Texas' football program. 

Yeah disrupting OSU is kind of a big thing he is going to have to accomplish. 

Tom makes mistakes that come back to haunt him at the end.

Urban taking his job would complete the circle.

Tom’s sneaky move of leaking the Zach Smith story cost Urban his job at OSU.

But now that Urban is available, Tom’s job is more in danger than ever.

Poetic justice if Urban comes here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

At the end of the day I would rather try a no head coaching model next year and let Yurchich and Ash run their respective sides of house vs keeping Herman in the role.

Let's have Carrington be head coach and give him Herman's double secret decision binder and simply have him do the opposite of everything that it says to do.spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

True. My bad. I mean that the guys coming with urban do not want to disrupt what’s going on and have told urban they don’t want to disrupt but to wait until after the season. Urban agreed. That’s just a take tho. Tin foil thinking. Ha ha. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah disrupting OSU is kind of a big thing he is going to have to accomplish. 

Sure.  On the field and in recruiting.  But he has a legacy and relationships there that are worth protecting there.  If he were to derail an ongoing National Championship run by creating distractions and poaching assistants, he would significantly damage that relationship and legacy.  I think it’s perfectly reasonable that he would be sensitive to that until after the season plays out.

• Hook 'Em 4

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic