Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, clapclapclap said:

Paraphrasing:  "That itch to coach comes back all the time.  It will when you did it this long...it would have to be the perfect situation, where I knew it wouldn't affect my health...I think I'm done.  I think I'm done, but I can't say never."

He said he'd need to be able to control his health... Give him a huge staff and don't make him do anything on LHN.

1 minute ago, B00M said:

He said he'd need to be able to control his health... Give him a huge staff and don't make him do anything on LHN.

Texas has some of the best medical care in the nation. (Houston and Dallas—-plus we are breaking all sorts of ground for UT on that score). That would help. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

TFB who also knows nothing

Was speaking to the source I referenced in a recent post regarding CDC, who has worked with CDC.

I mentioned the idea of CDC going after Dan Mullen to which source said, that that makes sense, “CDC wants fans in the stands.”

Obviously.

But to that end, “He wants to improve the offense. That’s the same thought process he had in 2014 when he pushed the change at TCU.”

I asked, “So he likes offense?”

To which source said, “No. Fans like offense. Probably why Tom ran up the score last weekend on K State…really good offense has proven to win this conference, even if your defense is suspect. OU has proven that”.

So, perhaps not a huge surprise but expect whoever comes (if there is a change) to be an offensive guy unless of course it’s Gary P in which case, you can guarantee there will be an elite offensive coordinator paired with him.

tl;dr  -- CDC does not like when tom turtles

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Whatever Thamel said about our program last week is how Urban feels. This ain't the perfect situation.

I'm afraid that's correct...unless we offered him a lifetime McRib/kolache/Pizza Pizzazz/BBQ/mayo supply, of course.

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Whatever Thamel said about our program last week is how Urban feels. This ain't the perfect situation.

That's your inner day crew talking.

Ignore it.

Better yet, choke it out violently, until you never hear from it again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If he doesn't come then this is gonna blow because we won't be viewed as the perfect situation. 

yeah but he said perfect perfect perfect.  so we could be perfect perfect but maybe not 3x perfect.

guy did not like the way he went out at OSU I'm sure. If he really still has the itch there are few places that can scratch it.

7 minutes ago, B00M said:

Has anyone thought about whether he *can* do anything on LHN? Maybe that's the problem. I.e., Fox non-competes if he leaves are interfering with LHN contracts with UT? I.e. Rewind Texas or other shit like that? Maybe they're having to buy out Fox too and that's what's taking forever?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RGBIII said:

FYI we wont hear shit about shit till after NSD1 or even  after  conference championship games. Damn near everything we hear can be disregarded till then

Yep. That's where I've been for the last three days. And I'm fine with that. Let's go get the right guy.

We're not going to tear s*** until after Meyer's Fox contract has run out AND tOSU is out of the playoffs, imho.

9 minutes ago, Caddox said:

Yea ummmmm Urban just put it on the record on national radio that he could never say he won’t coach again if the perfect opportunity came along because he thinks about coaching again every day. This bitch is going 1000 easy.

No mention of health at all tells us all we need to know. Shut it down we got our man!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

That our facilities/infrastructure are behind those of our peers but that it's something that's being improved (SEZ) and can be further improved by throwing money at it?

eyeroll.gif

Edited by derpyhorndog

36 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FCB..the know nothing piece of shit

With no clear-cut, consensus choice worthy of a $25 million buyout after flirting with Urban Meyer, Texas could very well issue a statement by the end of the weekend (if UT completes its regular season Saturday at Kansas, COVID-19 willing) that says Tom Herman’s evaluation will result in him continuing as the Longhorns’ coach in 2021.

That would give everyone — including recruits — some clarity on Texas’ situation with signing day looming next Wednesday (Dec. 16).

image.thumb.png.a846ecb129d7b0b047885512e4b02d7b.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

One of the KOSU to horseshoe bay flights is en route

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA577/history/20201210/1730Z/KOSU/KDZB

That plane is scheduled to go to Sarasota tomorrow.

An OSU to Sarasota flight just landed in the last hour. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GAJ827/history/20201210/1440Z/KOSU/KSRQ

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yeah but he said perfect perfect perfect.  so we could be perfect perfect but maybe not 3x perfect.

guy did not like the way he went out at OSU I'm sure. If he really still has the itch there are few places that can scratch it.

Sounds like he’s negotiating to me

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic