Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

I sweater God I'm gunna call whoever the fuck coach who comes in next "Mack Brown," because apparently words don't matter to you bullheaded sons a bitches. 

"Mack Brown really coached these Longhorns well today." 

"You mean Urban Meyer? The Longhorns coach?"

"DON'T CORRECK ME IT'S MACK BROWN DATS WUT I WERNT TO CALL HER DON'T BE A CORCH NAME SNOB!"

But seriously, on Surly I think we should start calling these meat-filled pastries "Kapowskis." I nearly fell out of my chair, @RGBIII. And as a child of the Saved by the Bell era, I think sausage and Kapowski go well together.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Good grief everyone is fired up about about Meyer’s comments, but they could easily be interpreted as he looked at Texas and didn’t like the situation, just like the rumors indicated a week ago. He could be waiting for USC to open up, etc.

Good grief, you threaten to fist someone one time, and they go all bananas on you

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Good grief everyone is fired up about about Meyer’s comments, but they could easily be interpreted as he looked at Texas and didn’t like the situation, just like the rumors indicated a week ago. He could be waiting for USC to open up, etc.

Agree, could be interpreted either way. Also, if he wanted rumors to quiet down, why the hell would he do an interview today talking about his coaching future? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

USC going to open with Helton having them undefeated? 

48 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

That plane is scheduled to go to Sarasota tomorrow.

An OSU to Sarasota flight just landed in the last hour. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GAJ827/history/20201210/1440Z/KOSU/KSRQ

So, that second flight's plane has been at;  State College, Raleigh Durham, and OSU in the last couple of days.

Phil Trautwien, the OL coach at Penn St, played for Urban at Florida.

I would hope Robert Gillespie, RB coach UNC, is a possible RDU reason.  He played for Florida but before Urban's time. He's had 10 RBs go to the NFL in 16 years of coaching.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

On 12/8/2020 at 1:39 PM, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

1) Sunday practice canceled

2) Monday zoom-media presser canceled

3) tOSU - Michigan canceled, eliminating them from ccg

4) Kansas - UT canceled

5) tOSU drops out of top 4

6) Herman fired Tuesday

7) Meyer announced Wednesday

The stars are aligning and the dominos are falling 

Added another although some of the osu stuff needs to be amended. Still on track bitches! 

When you compare this scenario to when Urban went to tOSU, the similarities get more and more similar. The biggest difference is that he and Shelly flat out denied that they were going to Columbus. He must’ve felt guilty about lying, because the guy has made no such declaration this time around. 

THIS SHIT IS HAPPENING 

3 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

So, that second flight has been at;  State College, Raleigh Durham, and OSU in the last couple of days.

I would hope Robert Gillespie, RB coach UNC, is the RDU reason.  He played for Florida but before Urban's time. He's had 10 RBs go to the NFL in 16 years of coaching.

And I posted a flight from Sarasota to Austin, tonight. 

5 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

So, that second flight's plane has been at;  State College, Raleigh Durham, and OSU in the last couple of days.

I would hope Robert Gillespie, RB coach UNC, is the RDU reason.  He played for Florida but before Urban's time. He's had 10 RBs go to the NFL in 16 years of coaching.

Coaching Search Jeopardy

"What is James Franklin, Mack Brown, and 'It's still a no'?"

image.thumb.png.3a49cfc21920f5baf271c11007ee8c4b.png

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

I quoted you in it originally, but accidentally deleted the quote in my edit. Imgur doesn't imbed in Surly, so I uploaded it so it'd be imbedded. 

Ah gotcha - thanks. I'll keep that in mind going forward. Haven't been able to upload stuff before so still figuring this out.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Here you go

jaqi3jH.png

1.  Based on his Cowherd interview there needs to be a perfect situation for him to come back into coaching. What job that is open or coming open in the NFL is perfect or remotley prestigious enough to get his attention? Lions and Jets are not getting a look from him. 

2. Barton may have a good relationship with Urbs but there is no way he is just going to straight up tell him his intentions if he was getting back into coaching. By all accounts Barton is a mouth breathing buckeye that played there and is now covering them for a living. Telling him straight up "yeah I am taking the Texas job and some staff with me but please keep it on the down low in public and with the AD" .

• Hook 'Em 3

God damn you people for pulling me back into this. I want to believe it's happening, there are just so many data points that don't add up. 

One thing that keeps bothering me is I just don't see us being able to keep the information locked down this well. If there was any indication that Urban was in on the Dec 18th timeline or even still actively negotiating the deal I think the $9.95ers would at least be hinting or hedging about it more. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.47057cedc040ac4ce36fe4479b6e6f1a.png

Yet IT mods are posting shit like this and writing propaganda pieces about  Gary Kubiak. Don't think they are carrying water for the athletic department either by purposefully misdirecting. Everyone is truly in the dark and that just isn't how we usually operate when something big is going down. UT has a lot of power players that demand to be in the loop on things and stuff always leaks. 

27 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So, it’s the whole too many cooks in the kitchen thing?

Could you fucks all talk to your Boomer dads and stop their weekly, letterhead stamped, handwritten letters to our coaches? What in the fuck is wrong with them?

1 hour ago, Viper said:

silicon will do that

I sued a plastic surgeon one time on behalf of a client. He was drunk during the procedure and instead of silicone, he injected my client with silly putty. She went from a 32-A to a 42-Long. The jury gave us 2 million; they apparently thought it was tit for tat. 

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Everyone is truly in the dark and that just isn't how we usually operate when something big is going down. UT has a lot of power players that demand to be in the loop on things and stuff always leaks. 

This is the first “something big” on CDC’s watch.  I would expect things to run differently.  That’s why he was hired.  

10 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

1.  Based on his Cowherd interview there needs to be a perfect situation for him to come back into coaching. What job that is open or coming open in the NFL is perfect or remotley prestigious enough to get his attention? Lions and Jets are not getting a look from him. 

2. Barton may have a good relationship with Urbs but there is no way he is just going to straight up tell him his intentions if he was getting back into coaching. By all accounts Barton is a mouth breathing buckeye that played there and is now covering them for a living. Telling him straight up "yeah I am taking the Texas job and some staff with me but please keep it on the down low in public and with the AD" .

This. More of this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic