Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

of course he is.  He doesn't need to be in Austin until tomorrow or even Monday

Of course we just wanted to party the whole second half - it was a strong lead very strong and would have made it like 1999.  Plane could leave early tomorrow to get him and fly him straight back. 

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

of course he is.  He doesn't need to be in Austin until tomorrow or even Monday

I don't think we have ever announced a coach the same day as firing a coach or possibly even the day after. I don't remember Charlie to Herman off hand.  I just need Herman fired tomorrow. so the interim can do the Monday presser and coach the KU and Bowl games.

7 minutes ago, troph said:

What we the plane watchers are focused on is whether Meyer is in studio at halftime in 48 seconds of game time.  The plane we think has been at the center of this is headed to Texas from LA with stops in Houston Dallas and Austin. If Meyer is NOT in studio at halftime he could be on the plane.  If he’s in studio then we are back to the beginning on flight tracking 

Perhaps Urban might get some sleep tonight at his hotel room? We just worked a like 12 hour day

Just now, dcar00 said:

I don't think we have ever announced a coach the same day as firing a coach or possibly even the day after. I don't remember Charlie to Herman off hand.  I just need Herman fired tomorrow. so the interim can do the Monday presser and coach the KU and Bowl games.

Strong was fired the morning of the day Herman was announced as the next HC

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

Wtf is Babylon 5? Is that some old half baked Star Trek rip off I missed?

giphy.gif

It's the tv show that rewrote how sci-fi TV shows were made. Every TV show you've seen since that had a story arc beyond individual episodes -- from Deep Space 9 through Lost and up to The Mandalorian -- owes a debt to Babylon 5's success and the ground it broke.

It was far from perfect; the acting was sometimes awful, the first season's effects are terribly dated, and the fifth season had to be hastily thrown together when it wasn't clear if they'd get the planned fifth season and so they ended the main story arc a season early. But at the time, it was as good as Sci-Fi TV had ever gotten, and it changed the way people view TV.

It is also unique as the first television series where the creator was on the internet, chatting with the fans regularly while it was in production.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

Jesus I hope some of y’all work in Marketing, because you’ve got some wild ass imaginations.  UM ain’t flying all over the state to shake hands before taking the job.  He’s not running for lieutenant governor. 

Well, yeah, he's not running for office until he wins his 3rd title here.  

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I want to say Mack arrived late one night and was announced then the presser the next day. 

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Some of you are gonna stroke out by game time before Herman leading the guys out for the final time next Saturday.  

This will happen when he states they had their best practice on Sunday at the Monday Noon Presser. 

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

somebody is going to be running practice tomorrow

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

giphy.gif

It's the tv show that rewrote how sci-fi TV shows were made. Every TV show you've seen since that had a story arc beyond individual episodes -- from Deep Space 9 through Lost and up to The Mandalorian -- owes a debt to Babylon 5's success and the ground it broke.

It was far from perfect; the acting was sometimes awful, the first season's effects are terribly dated, and the fifth season had to be hastily thrown together when it wasn't clear if they'd get the planned fifth season and so they ended the main story arc a season early. But at the time, it was as good as Sci-Fi TV had ever gotten, and it changed the way people view TV.

It is also unique as the first television series where the creator was on the internet, chatting with the fans regularly while it was in production.

Seems like there's a strong overlap between SciFi fans and plane/curtains trackers....

I understand where the keep Herman folks are coming from.  How do you justify buying Herman & his staff out for fucking Mario Cristobal or Dan Mullen? Unfortunately we’ve gone past the point of return in recruiting. It really is Urban or bust. It won’t be pretty if we don’t get that man in Austin. 

9 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

This is the stuff I predicted about five weeks ago.  Cdc had to wait until mathematically eliminated. 30 minutes game time left.

That’s another key point tonight.  Might get a leak late tonight to the mainstream media or to a 995er that it’s done (TH fired).  Could stay quiet too. Just a moment to watch for sure.

1 minute ago, troph said:

I want to say Mack arrived late one night and was announced then the presser the next day. 

I'm talking about the from the firing to the announcing.  did Mackovic get fired/reassigned and then Brown announced one day apart?

I'm just saying there is usually a gap.  the gap needs to be shorter now with NSD1 date.

2 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

I understand where the keep Herman folks are coming from.  How do you justify buying Herman & his staff out for fucking Mario Cristobal or Dan Mullen? Unfortunately we’ve gone past the point of return in recruiting. It really is Urban or bust. It won’t be pretty if we don’t get that man in Austin. 

Just now, Rimbo said:

giphy.gif

Rimbo we have known each other a long ass time. This is happening.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Hey now. Honest question. What if it was CDC who flew to LA out of HCB? Meets with Urban. Now he flies to Houston to meet with BMDs. Maybe then to Dallas?

Fuck it.

we need a gif of CDC waiting outside the Fox Studio door with his pitch binder under his arm looking at his watch.

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Hey now. Honest question. What if it was CDC who flew to LA out of HCB? Meets with Urban. Now he flies to Houston to meet with BMDs. Maybe then to Dallas?

Fuck it.

Are the BMDs gonna write checks without an oral face to face guarantee from CDC that Meyer is on board?

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic