Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If CDC has a press conference with Herman tomorrow or Monday announcing Herman is being let go, then you know we have Urban in the bag. If he doesn't, Urban isn't happening and we won't see any movement on Herman till after the KU game. Regardless, you guys need to relax. 

I agree with this take. We'll know by Monday morning more than likely. Nothing will happen tonight.

21 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

giphy.gif

It's the tv show that rewrote how sci-fi TV shows were made. Every TV show you've seen since that had a story arc beyond individual episodes -- from Deep Space 9 through Lost and up to The Mandalorian -- owes a debt to Babylon 5's success and the ground it broke.

It was far from perfect; the acting was sometimes awful, the first season's effects are terribly dated, and the fifth season had to be hastily thrown together when it wasn't clear if they'd get the planned fifth season and so they ended the main story arc a season early. But at the time, it was as good as Sci-Fi TV had ever gotten, and it changed the way people view TV.

It is also unique as the first television series where the creator was on the internet, chatting with the fans regularly while it was in production.

Hard pass. 

Save some of the chicks for us man

Edited by GRHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

If you don’t get Urban. Why are you moving at all? Who realistically could aid this situation? Yeah we’d probably eat dog shit on the recruiting trail with Herman still at HC but there’s not a ton of proven options that justify change. 

This is a terrible take.  There are plenty of options out there better than Herman - and if Urban isn't available then we go for the next best candidate.  Yes, it will likely be underwhelming - but it will still be better than Herman and we won't be tanking two straight recruiting classes.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Oh snap! @rimbo is a sock of @nicole44. Mind blown gif 

To put "no" another way, let's just say you do NOT want to see my nudes.

I mean, well, maybe you do. NTTAWWT. Maybe Nicole does. I don't judge. But I sure as shit ain't posting them. Want all you want.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is a terrible take.  There are plenty of options out there better than Herman - and if Urban isn't available then we go for the next best candidate.  Yes, it will likely be underwhelming - but it will still be better than Herman and we won't be tanking two straight recruiting classes.

Plenty? List them motherfuckers. Would they realistically out perform Herman’s staff with two years of familiarity in a system?  

10 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

737 from KS with team and presumably CDC landed at AUS at 6:53PM, and then this flight left AUS 7:48 and lands in Van Nuys at 8:20 PST. 

Maybe for a BMAD but for me, I would be in my pajamas taking a nap.

20 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm talking about the from the firing to the announcing.  did Mackovic get fired/reassigned and then Brown announced one day apart?

I'm just saying there is usually a gap.  the gap needs to be shorter now with NSD1 date.

There was an actual search. So no, there was a gap. /insertSAmommaJokeHere

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Back to is Nicole really Nicole. Y'all make me laugh so much. Sorry I drug @Rimbo into this. He's an awesome uber smart badass old friend from my Amarillo days. Sorry Rimbo. They just won't quit.

you forgot to mention "Rimbo is also sexy as fuck" but I'll let it slide this time

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

OU only up 10 in the 3rd. They're gonna throw this game in the 4th so Texas can't fire Herman yet and lose out on Meyer. Then they turn it back up next two games and win the conference again

This might be the dumbest shit I've seen today. Congratulations. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Back to is Nicole really Nicole. Y'all make me laugh so much. Sorry I drug @Rimbo into this. He's an awesome uber smart badass old friend from my Amarillo days. Sorry Rimbo. They just won't quit.

I believe I was hacked. By some bastard named Glenlivet. Sorry

• Haha 2

This is a case of Schrodinger's Cat for the fans.  Urban is either hired or he's not.  We don't know yet. 

Meanwhile CDC is on Step 7. Step 8 is done except for the crying, Herman is walking dead.  He'll let Herman say bye to the team and the players will get 12 hours to grieve and then Urban will be announced.

Chill

image.png

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The team plane landed at 6:47. This flight took of at 7:48. Plenty of time for CDC to fire Herman and then get on this flight to go pick up Urban when he gets off set. 

Herman "Hey Chris how about that 66 points we put up huh? you wanna grab a beer?"

CDC "Hey good game Tom but I've got to get home and brush and floss for my dentist appointment tomorrow.  See you at noon for our regular meeting?"

Herman "Sure Chris.  hope the dental appt goes OK."

• Haha 2

CDC has placed himself on the chopping block with this circus. Either he hits his target or he’s likely out of Austin too. Urban is the only coach worth the buyouts. I respect Mullen as a coach but you can’t objectively say his staff is head & shoulders better than what we have right now. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. 

• Fuck You 3

Just now, CastHorn said:

CDC has placed himself on the chopping block with this circus. Either he hits his target or he’s likely out of Austin too. Urban is the only coach worth the buyouts. I respect Mullen as a coach but you can’t objectively say his staff is head & shoulders better than what we have right now. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. 

Yeah Chris has bet the ranch on Urban. We'll see if he pull it off.

• Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

RapGameLarry signed off Twitter for the day shortly after our game ended. Said the timetable hadn’t changed. Guess that means if he’s right, no news breaks until tomorrow.

I doubt the word gets out tonight, we were just hoping to be able to point to a flight so we could be geniuses and speculating is tons of fun.  Someone will identify a plane and that will be. Tonight tomorrow, whatever it’s like curtains you just say that’s it until it’s disproven. 

1 minute ago, CastHorn said:

CDC?

Hell, we and the media have created this circus.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, CastHorn said:

Nahlin said as much. If he doesn’t make a change he will go down with herman

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Nothing can happen until ou loses. 

CDC can’t risk ousting Herman only to have it play out next weekend that Texas somehow makes the Conference Championship game and will have to show up with an interim coach. If that were to happen the repercussions would be devastating. 

I know it has virtually no chance of happening, but if you’re the AD and President of the University of Texas, you have take every precaution.

When ou is done fucking around and puts this game to bed, the final obstacle will have been crossed.

If Baylor pulls this off, I have no idea what the play would be.

This. Chess. Not checkers, motherfuckers.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Herman "Hey Chris how about that 66 points we put up huh? you wanna grab a beer?"

CDC "Hey good game Tom but I've got to get home and brush and floss for my dentist appointment tomorrow.  See you at noon for our regular meeting?"

Herman "Sure Chris.  hope the dental appt goes OK."

Gold.

30 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

I understand where the keep Herman folks are coming from.  How do you justify buying Herman & his staff out for fucking Mario Cristobal or Dan Mullen? Unfortunately we’ve gone past the point of return in recruiting. It really is Urban or bust. It won’t be pretty if we don’t get that man in Austin. 

Mario’s about to lose to an 0-3 Cal team

3 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Plenty? List them motherfuckers. Would they realistically out perform Herman’s staff with two years of familiarity in a system?  

Coaches who would outperform Herman on the field and in recruiting for 2022:

Obvious but unlikely - make them say no:

Dan Mullen

Brian Kelly

P5's

Matt Campbell

Steve Sarkisian

G5's

Luke Fickell

Billy Napier

Bryan Harsin

Other

Hugh Freeze

And this doesn't include the Coordinators like Elliot and Venables that I would take over Herman.  You are underestimating the impact another bad recruiting year would have on this team.  Keep Herman as a lame duck in 2022 and that class will crater just like 2021 has.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic