Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Do you not understand how recruiting works?

I understand. Stopping the bleeding in the recruiting field is a priority. Mullen has one of the best rosters in college football and can’t stop Jimbos prehistoric offense. Brian Kelley and Dan Mullen aren’t going to shake the Texas recruiting landscape. 

19 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

a) I married a poster from here

b) we got divorced

c) I got surly as compensation I guess

d) Anyone here that has met me or knows me knows what I look like. If you like tall, skinny girls without any plastic surgery and a surgically repaired collarbone that is obsessed with football you can get to know me.

e) Y'all make me smile

Keep at it. Past 400 pages!!!! It is hard to believe that a chick would be this engaged with football but I am. I think I have already posted pictures of myself (not anything sexy) on this board  a few times.

What if I said fuck the collarbone surgery and just dealt with it?   And fuck plastic. 

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

If the salary numbers are true for urban then how the fuck would it be CDC’s fault if we end up with herman for another year? Herman is worthless but it’s a terrible look to fire him and buy out the assistants if you have to hire Fickell, Sark, or Campbell. He’s navigating some real shitty water right now and the boat has a leak. I find it hard to believe if he’s able to right the ship down the road Texas fires him for the mess created by his predecessors. I could be full of shit though to be honest and fair. 

I don't believe anyone will blame CDC if we don't get Meyer.  I have to believe CD/BMD's/Hartzell all have heard from Meyer early on that it was likely a go a few weeks ago if nothing crazy came up otherwise CDC would have planted the Meyer isn't interested at all with the 9.95ers and others so the fan base would move on.

He's got to close him now or have the 2nd guy lined up asap.  staying with Herman thru Kansas and firing Herman then will crush the class IMO.  keeping Herman will be a disaster unless the pixie dust shows up next year.

He's in a helluva position but he signed up for it and the reason he did is because he would have the money and resources to try to hire an Urban Meyer if he wanted or needed to.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

Shelley Meyer is always on Twitter. So if she is on a suspected flight at a certain time, she is either tweeting a lot because of the Wifi, or not tweeting at all because of the lack of connectivity. She is going to spill the beans on this. Women always do.

Some say already has, lol. 

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

b) we got divorced

d) Anyone here that has met me or knows me knows what I look like. If you like tall, skinny girls without any plastic surgery and a surgically repaired collarbone that is obsessed with football you can get to know me.

e) Y'all make me smile

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Sure, date a guy from here again. I'm sure 2nd time will be better. 

Well since Greenspoint let the cat out of the bag about how much nurses make those non nurses need not apply.  We can’t complete with those high rollers. 😷 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I don't believe anyone will blame CDC if we don't get Meyer.  I have to believe CD/BMD's/Hartzell all have heard from Meyer early on that it was likely a go a few weeks ago if nothing crazy came up otherwise CDC would have planted the Meyer isn't interested at all with the 9.95ers and others so the fan base would move on.

He's got to close him now or have the 2nd guy lined up asap.  staying with Herman thru Kansas and firing Herman then will crush the class IMO.  keeping Herman will be a disaster unless the pixie dust shows up next year.

He's in a helluva position but he signed up for it and the reason he did is because he would have the money and resources to try to hire an Urban Meyer if he wanted or needed to.

Plenty of us will blame CDC if Meyer is not named the coach. I explained why many pages back

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I think several people are on the record stating that CDC opposed the extension, but the university president overruled him.

That is so Texas if that happened. I'm inclined to believe this is floated as cover for CDC.  where is Herman gonna go if CDC and Pres say no?  you hire him to make those decisions.

Funny enough that reminds me, could have sworn I noticed that (at least at one point) Urban had a tablet in front of him on the round-table while no-one else did, and that he appeared to be kind of keeping it in his peripheral while totally tuning out the jabber of others on the panel. Not sure if that happened or I'm making it up (or, if it happened, whether that's even unusual practice for him). 

He was trying to keep up on Surly. But like the rest of us, we keep adding about 3k posts day...

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

Plenty of us will blame CDC if Meyer is not named the coach. I explained why many pages back

Yeah it’s taken too long to be ok if it’s a no.  Has to be a yes or he mishandled it.  Unless a plan b coach is named with 7 days of Monday. 

b) we got divorced
e) Y'all make me smile

Keep at it. Past 400 pages!!!! It is hard to believe that a chick would be this engaged with football but I am. I think I have already posted pictures of myself (not anything sexy) on this board  a few times.
My wife does not Surl, but she is a knowledgeable and a die-hard Longhorn fan. I am grateful that I can actually have real x's and o's conversation with her during games. She'll let me know when my rants aren't justified and tell me to stfu.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

I understand. Stopping the bleeding in the recruiting field is a priority. Mullen has one of the best rosters in college football and can’t stop Jimbos prehistoric offense. Brian Kelley and Dan Mullen aren’t going to shake the Texas recruiting landscape. 

Dan Mullen may not “shake” recruiting in Texas, but his TE coach would.

https://floridagators.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/tim-brewster/1225

And to clarify, I am 100% onboard the Hire Urban Meyer train. He is the best option. Mullen is probably a distant second in my book, but would be better than Herman. 

49 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The team plane landed at 6:47. This flight took of at 7:48. Plenty of time for CDC to fire Herman and then get on this flight to go pick up Urban when he gets off set. 

49 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

737 from KS with team and presumably CDC landed at AUS at 6:53PM, and then this flight left AUS 7:48 and lands in Van Nuys at 8:20 PST. 

OK, that's some freaky shit.

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

I think the bottom line is after the W against KU next week, that’s a 7-3 season. Disappointing? Yes. If this was the end of Herman’s contract you don’t renew him for next year at all. But 7-3 just isn’t “pay $15 mil to get rid of him now” bad. 

you are a dumb fuck with bad opinions; I think I remember you opining that there shouldn't be live mascots including Bevo

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Well since Greenspoint let the cat out of the bag about how much nurses make those non nurses need not apply.  We can’t complete with those high rollers. 😷 

I'm still a little confused as to how he was getting overtime pay when he was also claiming to work like 15 hours/wk 🤷‍♂️

Just now, TexMexBuddha said:

My wife does not Surl, but she is a knowledgeable and a die-hard Longhorn fan. I am grateful that I can actually have real x's and o's conversation with her during games. She'll let me know when my rants aren't justified and tell me to stfu.

You're lucky. My wife just complains and tries to get me to do other things. I have to remind her each time that I hate being happy and like nothing more than pain and suffering on my weekends. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wood said:

OK, that's some freaky shit.

We won’t be able to tell if it’s the plane but if it turns around after the Baylor game or if it comes back tomorrow that could be wicked. Problem is I don’t day drink anymore so it won’t be as much fun. 

22 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Oh they exist. I didn’t say they couldn’t out perform Tom. I’m saying are we realistically going to drop millions of dollars on a new coach who’s staff isn’t drastically better than what’s in place? The Big12 is looking solid next season. I’d hate to see Mullen on the sideline get lit up by Spencer Rattler. Even Kellen Mond was able to do that.

Who is we? You contributing? People that see 15M as not much money are spending the money.

Edited by DanTheHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic