Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

11 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

What are people’s thoughts on Herman’s next stop?  Will he flame out like Charlie or rebound?  

He's not as bad as Charlie. Herman seems best suited for a mid-tier P5 program. Texas Tech, Colorado, Cal - something like that, where he can do his 7-5 thing and everyone will be as happy as he believes we should be. 

1 hour ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Hartzell is the one who would be firing CDC and I don't see any reason to believe he would be inclined to fire him if we strike out on Urban. CDC is beloved by most everyone in the athletic department - it's not like Patterson where everyone hated his guts but couldn't say it publicly. BMDs can throw a fit but if they force out a man who has proven to be one of the best ADs in the country in recent years then we'll really live up to Herbie's "cesspool" remark.

CDC didn't hire Herman nor did he make the call to extend him after 2018. Herman being a shit coach isn't CDC's fault.

Not striking out on Urban but bringing Herm back if he strikes out.  If Herm fails, CDC could go with him , at least that's what Nahlin has said.

Also, SC just hired Beamer's kid as HC.  That's one landing spot gone for Herm

3 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

So if they can do it at night, so can we.

Some have said the convo may have happened already so the PR would be easy.  Doubtful tonight but it’s why I’m still up.  That and that stupid flight just to see. Probs won’t make it 30 mins after this game. 

Edited by troph

Only thing we might hear late tonight is a leak TH is fired and that won't be until after ou wins to officially knock us out of Big12 championship. That's the cover CDC needs before it happens. 

So Tom finally watch OU game and prepping? We might win if he watches games instead of reading opponents boards. FTH!

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

He's not as bad as Charlie. Herman seems best suited for a mid-tier P5 program. Texas Tech, Colorado, Cal - something like that, where he can do his 7-5 thing and everyone will be as happy as he believes we should be. 

He'll beat USC and then lose to Washington State

11 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

I've posted I think Meyer has taken the job already if that's what you're referring to. I don't give a shit what happens to Herman

I thought someone was positing that Herman had already backchanneled his way into the SC job. Guess it was someone else.

Obviously new shit has come to light since then. 

22 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Daymn. Props to you

Also, one could argue you just showed us a nude...

I ain't playing. Lawyer stuff. I had a fun one from last Christmas but given the way this thread is going I probably can't post it. It would be fun but again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, orangecat92 said:

Now that baylor has finally finished, what r predictions?  I say tomorrow morning, after 9: 00, then announce urban Monday at regular press conference time. 

They aren’t announcing shit until after the KU game. It’s a fantasy to think otherwise. 

28 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Look, I am not the girl y’all need nudes from. Y’all are way too picky. And notice too much. Lol. And I’d be proud to call most of u my friends and if we could have a happy hour I would show. That is my almost 16 year old dog Little Bitry with me. Anyway still nursing a broken heart stuff but this thread has made me happier than I can say. Proud to be a part of this palace of degenerate posters. That’s the most current picture I have. And by current I mean a few weeks ago. 

4554B0D8-4C22-40F5-8A4A-52804CF41F13.jpeg

As usual I don't fit in.

I'm a "degenerate" and not merely a "degenerate poster." lol

Just now, ztejas said:

I thought someone was positing that Herman had already backchanneled his way into the SC job. Guess it was someone else.

Obviously new shit has come to light since then. 

I jokingly posted a few pages back Herman to SC, but that was meant as sarcasm

2 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Now that baylor has finally finished, what r predictions?  I say tomorrow morning, after 9: 00, then announce urban Monday at regular press conference time. 

If there’s a Monday presser he’s announced tomorrow. 

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I expect an announcement on Twitter the second the clock hits 0:00 in this abortion of a game. 

You're gonna be disappointed. This shit is going into tomorrow. That flight from Austin to Van Nuys might be something to watch though, that'll be bout the only thing happening. 

Might've already landed 

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

You're gonna be disappointed. This shit is going into tomorrow. That flight from Austin to Van Nuys might be something to watch though, that'll be bout the only thing happening. 

Might've already landed 

If that's CDC meeting URban, it would be very promising.  *fingers crossed*

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Might've already landed 

I agree and that flight Austin to van nuys is as popular among private jets as the swa Austin to Dallas flight it seems.  On the hour every hour it seems 

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

If that's CDC meeting URban, it would be very promising.  *fingers crossed*

We won’t know tonight all we will see is if the flight turns around after he has time to make the flight or if it stays over night and in either case where it goes. Will be less than satisfying. 

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Speaking of...have any of you ever order from Dr. Wok Chinese food? So about 5 years ago we did at my work. Guy shows up in a gold trans am. Completely restored. with an eagle on the hood. Jumps out. Slides over the hood. Blaring from his car is Aldo's Fantasy. Never seen anything like it ever.

was his name Eric Dickerson?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, troph said:

We won’t know tonight all we will see is if the flight turns around after he has time to make the flight or if it stays over night and in either case where it goes. Will be less than satisfying. 

I would guess they stay the night and fly back tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I was hoping something would happen this weekend. But the more I think about it.. I don't think we're going to hear for a while. Urban is methodical, he's assembling his team, and likely multiple permutations of them just in case. I doubt he'll accept until he has his staff locked, which unfortunately may even go until the end of the CFB season as a whole. He has all the leverage, and as you all know deep down, there's no good plan B. The ESD argument isn't doing it for me, he knows how much weight his name carries, and with the one time transfer rule coming, he'll be able to take anyone, from any school, in addition to the recruits. 

I so desperately want an answer tomorrow, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. 

3 minutes ago, emp6856 said:

I was hoping something would happen this weekend. But the more I think about it.. I don't think we're going to hear for a while. Urban is methodical, he's assembling his team, and likely multiple permutations of them just in case. I doubt he'll accept until he has his staff locked, which unfortunately may even go until the end of the CFB season as a whole. He has all the leverage, and as you all know deep down, there's no good plan B. The ESD argument isn't doing it for me, he knows how much weight his name carries, and with the one time transfer rule coming, he'll be able to take anyone, from any school, in addition to the recruits. 

I so desperately want an answer tomorrow, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. 

Problem is early signing is two weeks away. It may not do it for you but it’s a huge mistake to fuck up a class.  He should be fired tomorrow, and UM hired and if he’s not that’s the mistake. Now we are screwed .

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic