Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

The reason I could see things stretching out is that Urban is still trying to put a staff together and OSU is trying to make the playoff. I agree with alphahorn that the deal is probably already done.

I think Urban will mail this recruiting class in and raid the transfer portal. He’s getting Sanders regardless of when he announces. That’s the big fish. A lot of the early enrollees aren’t going anywhere.

I’m not saying it won’t happen tomorrow. My gut just tells me neither party is in a hurry because Urban is building a staff behind the scenes and we still have one game remaining. 

I could buy the staff argument.  It’s also very likely we don’t have another game.

Edited by troph

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Agree and mo says that flight has no plan showing so it’s tomorrow.

hey!!! TOMORROW IS THE BIG DAY!! 

The flight that came from Horseshoe Bay is scheduled to fly to Chicago around 1 tomorrow. If that's his agent, they could spend tomorrow morning signing contracts and doing all the legal stuff. Then fly back to Austin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ll be honest with you guys - we really really need this. I’m super worried if we don’t get Meyer.  We really need to have this happen tomorrow Monday and I’ve gone all in thinking it’s happening but I’ll be devastated if it doesn’t.  We’ve wasted so much time with the last 10 years.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The flight that came from Horseshoe Bay is scheduled to fly to Chicago around 1 tomorrow. If that's his agent, they could spend tomorrow morning signing contracts and doing all the legal stuff. Then fly back to Austin. 

Interesting 

the other one today went to Chicago too.

30 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

spacer.png

The timing of Shelley’s tweet is her way of giving us a sign. She tweeted this near the time that UT was getting eliminated from the Big 12. She’s replying at 10:30PM to a tweet from hours ago right at the end of the OU game. Connect the dots here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I’ll be honest with you guys - we really really need this. I’m super worried if we don’t get Meyer.  We really need to have this happen tomorrow Monday and I’ve gone all in thinking it’s happening but I’ll be devastated if it doesn’t.  We’ve wasted so much time with the last 10 years.

11. We wasted 11 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I mean, he doesn't have to fly in to do the legal stuff. I'm sure the athletic department has a DocuSign license.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

I mean, he doesn't have to fly in to do the legal stuff. I'm sure the athletic department has a DocuSign license.

It's more than just signing your name on a one page contact. If it's me, I have my agent go over everything before I sign. 

To be fair if he wants to keep it under wraps. He's gonna stay on as if everything is status quo. If he all of sudden was gone, the internet would break with all the ribbing going on that went on earlier today. Most of you understand this but there's without a doubt, some of you  who legitimately think him still being there is a bad sign 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

To be fair if he wants to keep it under wraps. He's gonna stay on as if everything is status quo. If he all of sudden was gone, the internet would break with all the ribbing going on that went on earlier today. Most of you understand this but there's without a doubt, some of you  who legitimately think him still being there is a bad sign 

I don’t think it’s a bad sign. I just selfishly wanted a strong signal tonight.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

So, looks like this isn’t happening?  Which was my guess bc as a sports fan I just figure everything will basically always suck and I’m usually not disappointed. My team has won 1 World Series and immediately became national pariahs, 2 NBA championships that people act like they don’t exist bc Jordan was flailing away at curve balls, and all the bad that comes with being a UT fan outside of 2005. 
That one magical moment makes up for almost all of it. Almost. But I’m pretty conditioned to thinking that this kind of thing is just the kind of thing that works out for other people’s programs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It amazes me that Surly isn't rioting at the prospect of Steve fucking Sarkisian being our plan B after Meyer. Christ. I would never trust Sark at the helm of a P5 school ever again after his meltdown at USC.

Nobody is talking about him shut up retard and go fuck yourself with your own tears in the recruiting forum. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, looks like this isn’t happening?  Which was my guess bc as a sports fan I just figure everything will basically always suck and I’m usually not disappointed. My team has won 1 World Series and immediately became national pariahs, 2 NBA championships that people act like they don’t exist bc Jordan was flailing away at curve balls, and all the bad that comes with being a UT fan outside of 2005. 
That one magical moment makes up for almost all of it. Almost. But I’m pretty conditioned to thinking that this kind of thing is just the kind of thing that works out for other people’s programs. 

Dry up your pussy. A handful of people pointed to tomorrow. If not tomorrow then we all become gaping pussies that are crying 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Out of rep. Hit ya up later.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic