Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

You may be right, but what evidence do you have?  We just made it through and entire Saturday where every pregame and halftime show at least mentioned the rumors, and we still don't have a public no, or anything close, from Meyer or his camp.  Plus NONE of the Texas media types or "insiders" have claimed he's said no yet.  I'm pretty skeptical about these situations, but so far this is unfolding like it's gonna happen.  It may not.  We don't know and won't until we hear a no from UM or see him get off a private jet in a burnt orange jacket.

More to the point, if it doesn't happen, it's not because no attempt was made.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

My reading of this is that Barton is not getting info from Urban but from Trace Armstrong.  If Trace Armstrong is really Herman's agent (Google says he is) then this is all a distraction to save Herman's job after today's win.

I mean, I guess anything is possible, but that's a bit of a stretch.  Herman pretty much burned his bridges with Ohio St.  I can't imagine that someone connected with OSU is gonna throw Herman a bone just to keep UM from going to Texas.  And secondly, I don't see how anything that goon has said will help Herman or persuade UM not to take the Texas job.  He's just grandstanding. 

1 minute ago, Hairy Biped said:

I mean, I guess anything is possible, but that's a bit of a stretch.  Herman pretty much burned his bridges with Ohio St.  I can't imagine that someone connected with OSU is gonna throw Herman a bone just to keep UM from going to Texas.  And secondly, I don't see how anything that goon has said will help Herman or persuade UM not to take the Texas job.  He's just grandstanding. 

I think what he was saying is that Kirk Barton's source may be Trace Armstrong but Barton doesn't realize Armstrong is using him to put out a message favorable to Herman.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

Those Olajuwon teams were really good. 

But don’t fucking kid yourself. Literally zero people outside of Houston agree with you.

WGAS who "would have won"? Chicago's star player pussed out and ran off to play baseball for two years.  Championships are won on the field of play.  The first requirement is actually showing up to compete.  If Jordan had stuck around, he may have had a career-ending injury, or the entire team might have died in a plane crash.  Or maybe just lost to Houston--even the better team doesn't always win.  Nobody knows, and it's useless wankery to speculate.  Houston has the skins on the wall, and that's all that matters.  Their championships are just as legit as all others.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, nunna yo bizness said:

I think what he was saying is that Kirk Barton's source may be Trace Armstrong but Barton doesn't realize Armstrong is using him to put out a message favorable to Herman.

That still doesn't explain how ANYONE lying about knowing what UM is gonna do, is going to help Herman, or stop Meyer from taking the job.  It's entirely disconnected.

I'm a Rockets fan, but Jordan didn't puss out.  His dad was fucking murdered.
Scottie Quitten is a gigantic gaping pussy, however.

And may or may not have been told by David Stern to take a sabbatical/suspension for gambling so he went to play baseball.
  • Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

You guys are being unrealistic and fucking retarded, it’s like when the hot girl in class turns your way and smiles and you think she’s finally done sucking off all the jocks and feels the same way for you but then she just asks to copy your homework, aka he’s not coming

image.gif.74eaceb41b45a797f03c421efbe20e72.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

So to recap... the guys we’re all highly trusting & believing in as the most valuable sources are named Ceddy B, RapGameLarry, and a squid that speaks only in emojis.

Just tryin to catch up reading posts but had to quote this. It’s the surly way. Lol

26 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

"Can y'all please catch me up on the last 40 pages (Best Randolph Duke voice)...I just need to know if its happening. I am too lazy to read the thread just hoped you miscreants could help me out?" LMAO!

y9ufkC.gif

a65da3362ed158b2299fe58f45c52c53.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ultimate Failure said:

WGAS who "would have won"? Chicago's star player pussed out and ran off to play baseball for two years.  Championships are won on the field of play.  The first requirement is actually showing up to compete.  If Jordan had stuck around, he may have had a career-ending injury, or the entire team might have died in a plane crash.  Or maybe just lost to Houston--even the better team doesn't always win.  Nobody knows, and it's useless wankery to speculate.  Houston has the skins on the wall, and that's all that matters.  Their championships are just as legit as all others.

User name checks out.  

• Like 1

How I see it, next Sunday (if the KU game is played) strong possibility that that's Herman's last game. In the meantime,  CDC is working on convincing Urban Meyer, which, if left alone is a good thing. If others jump in with CDC, if there are "leaks" to the "media", wouldn't be good. 

I wouldn't let the pay sites string you along, pay less attention to random Twitter and have some patience. 

• Like 1

Everyone has a source.  They are like assholes.  Not saying mine are infallible.  They are in a position to know.  I am not saying they do.  We have been laughing about Kendra Scott, the airplane incident, drunk episodes etc for months.  A lot of what they have told me has panned out.
From what they are saying, I think this board is in for a huge letdown.  I pray to sweet baby Jesus that they are wrong.  Fuck Tom Herman.

My asshole is indeed, infallible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, Ultimate Failure said:

Trying to asterisk those championships is like the NCAA vacating wins as punishment. I know how it felt to root for those Rockets teams in the moment as they won. It was fucking great. I couldn't care less how it looks to anyone else 25+ years later and there's nothing that can change what it was like as it happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well I made the mistake of wasting my life enough to get to page 408. You fucking delusional plane chasing knobs. There’s going to be a lot of pissed off people when nothing happens today and Herman finishes out the season. No one knows anything, and  Meyer hasn’t made a decision yet, and he’s going to take his time. Meanwhile CDC gets to stick to his “we always evaluate after the season is finished” narrative. 

Watching you monkeys lose your minds and devolve into a quivering mass of plane speculation, Babylon 5 garbage gifs, and internet female creep is only amusing for so many days. And in the case of anything Babylon 5 related, it’s never amusing. Ever. 

I strongly encourage everyone to pour a strong drink and relax on this fine Sunday morning. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Well I made the mistake of wasting my life enough to get to page 408. You fucking delusional plane chasing knobs. There’s going to be a lot of pissed off people when nothing happens today and Herman finishes out the season. No one knows anything, and  Meyer hasn’t made a decision yet, and he’s going to take his time. Meanwhile CDC gets to stick to his “we always evaluate after the season is finished” narrative. 

Watching you monkeys lose your minds and devolve into a quivering mass of plane speculation, Babylon 5 garbage gifs, and internet female creep is only amusing for so many days. And in the case of anything Babylon 5 related, it’s never amusing. Ever. 

I strongly encourage everyone to pour a strong drink and relax on this fine Sunday morning. 

no u

Trying to asterisk those championships is like the NCAA vacating wins as punishment. I know how it felt to root for those Rockets teams in the moment as they won. It was fucking great. I couldn't care less how it looks to anyone else 25+ years later and there's nothing that can change what it was like as it happened. 
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic